Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum146/)
-   -   anyone try Fitch Fuel Catalysts (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/743890-anyone-try-fitch-fuel-catalysts.html)

silver05fx4 05-21-2008 07:32 PM

anyone try Fitch Fuel Catalysts

i've seen this Fitch Fuel Catalysts on tv and for sell by summit ...well here what the add say
The Fitch Fuel Catalysts transform gasoline and diesel into superior quality fuel. Get more performance out of your engines for less--less money, less pollution, and less maintenance headaches. The Fitch Fuel Catalysts are permanent fuel treatment devices that reformulate fuel, resuscitate partially oxidized fuel, and suppress the growth of bacteria in fuel. Fitch Fuel Catalysts ensure that all fuel delivered to combustion engines is in optimal condition, allowing the engines to extract the maximum amount of energy with minimal emissions per kg of fuel. Once fuel has been refined, it sits in a holding tank, is pumped into transport vehicles, is shipped worldwide, sits in the holding tank at a gas station, and then you purchase it. That fuel refined as 93 octane has substantially lost its potency and freshness. The Fitch Fuel Catalysts help return gas station grade gasoline or diesel fuel back to its refinery-fresh state for increased fuel economy and performance. Fitch Fuel Catalysts offer a better quality of fuel, which translates into better engine performance. The Fitch Fuel Catalysts are maintenance-free devices that are warranted for 250,000 miles. The Fitch Fuel Catalysts can easily be installed in the fuel line, much like a fuel filter, or directly into the fuel tank.

well i just wanna to find out if anyone tryed and had anyluck

jimandmandy 05-22-2008 09:14 AM

You have got to be kidding, right? Summit racing? This sounds more like a J. C. Whitney catalog item. Of course it can be warrantied for 250,000 miles because it doesnt do anything except hang there. Add a fuel line magnet and your power and mileage will increase "from up to 20 percent, or more".

I hate to be the one that seems to post the negative comments about these things, but I just am trying to save you guys money. I studied chemistry and thermodynamics and actually enjoyed it. I did not pay much attention in psychology class and did not study marketing. I would have made a lot more money if I had.

Jim

wwb 05-22-2008 11:13 AM

Snake Oil.

Save your money.

Fandini 06-20-2008 11:06 PM

Saw a segment on SPIKE TV, HORSEPOWER, where they tested this product on a dyno with a gas engine. It actually worked, improved hp (a small improvement in hp) and about a 10 percent improvement in fuel economy, but where it really shined was when they substituted the premium gas that the motor was designed to run on with regular gas. The engine continued to produce better horsepower and fuel economy numbers than it did without the catalyst. On TRUCKS, also on Spike TV they installed a unit on one of the staff members Dodge Cummins after taking a baseline for milage over several tanks of fuel. I haven't seen any results on that experiment yet but I'm waiting. I'm like most of you guys though, I don't believe most of this crap. This stuff always seems to surface during times when people will do anything to save on fuel. If these things were the magic bullet that the manufactures say they are then why aren't the auto manufactures using this stuff as OEM equipment to improve there corporate fuel milage numbers instead of the more expensive options such as cylinders that shut down.:-blah:-X17

aurgathor 06-20-2008 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fandini (Post 6273137)
Saw a segment on SPIKE TV, HORSEPOWER, where they tested this product on a dyno with a gas engine. It actually worked, improved hp (a small improvement in hp) and about a 10 percent improvement in fuel economy,

They have must've SPIKEd that test then.... :rolleyes: