Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   Dieselsite OBS CPR Fuel System (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/740459-dieselsite-obs-cpr-fuel-system.html)

dzlpwr 05-10-2008 09:16 PM

Dieselsite OBS CPR Fuel System

Got my fuel system from Bob on Thursday afternoon bout 5PM from the brown truck,I immediatly opened it up and started unpacking it.Went to work on it Friday morning for about 3 hours,then again this afternoon for a bit.Finished it up had dinner then went for a ride to test it out.OMG I could not believe the difference this system made.I was not really thinking that I would be able to feel the difference by installing it but man I was WRONG!!!!Nice power gain on the low end but where it really seems to shine is the high end.Was on the highway floored it and it just kept puliing and pulling till I let off.The kit came complete with everything needed for the install,and when I say everything I mean everything right down to the last wire tie.The full color instruction manual binder that comes with it also is top notch.The way that it is explained how to do install it is very simple.Before ordering this system I was on the fence on whether to buy his kit or find and locate all the parts needed and do it myself.Man am I glad I went with DIESELSITE.I want to thank Bob and Sheryl for all the great work that they put into this system.Its definatly a winner in my book.http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...s/thumbsup.gifNow if I can only get my pulse pump here and installed before dyno day.(Bob you listening)http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...milies/lol.gifKeep up the great work guys.

2 stroke man 05-10-2008 09:19 PM

sounds like an ad lol

kawa 05-10-2008 10:56 PM

dzlpwr:
Did you also install the HPOP when you placed your order??

Rog

dzlpwr 05-11-2008 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by kawa (Post 6140010)
dzlpwr:
Did you also install the HPOP when you placed your order??

Rog

I had ordered both the fuel and oil systems from Bob but he only sent the fuel out so far ,He says my Pulse should be here shortly though.Cant wait to get that pump and install that too.

dzlpwr 05-11-2008 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by 2 stroke man (Post 6139683)
sounds like an ad lol

Sorry bud just telling how it is.:-drink

73strokin 05-11-2008 08:03 AM

Sounds like a good deal. I've been eyeing this fuel system up now for a while and just have a few questions about it. I was wondoring if these systems are comparable to a "stock" Superduty system or if they're comparable to a "performance" fuel system for a Superduty? Because I also notice Dieselsite has several upgrades for the Superduty system also. What I'm trying to say is if I spend the money I'd rather have a system comparable to a performance system rather than a stock system from a Superduty, althougth even a stock system would probably be a good upgrade for the OBS. Anyone know exactly how this system ranks? I've also seen systems like FASS, Airhog or Airdog?

DIESELSITE 05-11-2008 08:34 AM

In the Superduty series, we have two basic levels. The CPR and CPR+ are the exact same systems with the exception of the larger pre-pump on the "+". This just allows for longer filter change intervals. The CPRx is for stage III and larger injectors.

For the OBS, we made one system. While this is a must for any OBS, even with stock injectors, it is most definitely a "performance" system and equivalent to the CPR/CPR+ superduty systems as it will feed larger injectors as well. I'd have to classify this as a necessary and performance system for any OBS. This has to be one of the most "wow factor" mods we have produced for either the OBS or the Superduty. It will only be rivaled by a chip or the PULSE in terms of how much difference you see in your truck.

The FASS/AIRDOG systems are air removal systems. They do not increase fuel delivery to the injectors or through your current OEM system. They are not a "fuel system". IOWs, you can run a CPR AND an Air Dog. That's how they compare. Hope that helps.

Bob

https://www.dieselsite.com/avatarssi...naturelogo.gif

73strokin 05-11-2008 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Riley (Post 6140784)
In the Superduty series, we have two basic levels. The CPR and CPR+ are the exact same systems with the exception of the larger pre-pump on the "+". This just allows for longer filter change intervals. The CPRx is for stage III and larger injectors.

For the OBS, we made one system. While this is a must for any OBS, even with stock injectors, it is most definitely a "performance" system and equivalent to the CPR/CPR+ superduty systems as it will feed larger injectors as well. I'd have to classify this as a necessary and performance system for any OBS. This has to be one of the most "wow factor" mods we have produced for either the OBS or the Superduty. It will only be rivaled by a chip or the PULSE in terms of how much difference you see in your truck.

The FASS/AIRDOG systems are air removal systems. They do not increase fuel delivery to the injectors or through your current OEM system. They are not a "fuel system". IOWs, you can run a CPR AND an Air Dog. That's how they compare. Hope that helps.

Bob

https://www.dieselsite.com/avatarssi...naturelogo.gif

Thanks Bob, that's what I wanted to know.

IDMooseMan 05-11-2008 12:13 PM

I'm not looking to build a race-truck, but I would like some extra kick for towing my travel trailer. Is this system something for the go-fast group only or can I expect MPG improvements when towing my trailer at 55 - 75 MPH?

My rig is mostly stock, (see sig for mods), for now. I'm planning on adding gauges, 3" - 3.5" downpipe, 4" exhaust, and intake hose upgrade. I also want to replace the torque converter and rebuild/upgrade the tranny for towing.

I'm not sure I need to replace the fuel system, so I guess my primary questions are:

Why should I consider replacing the stock fuel system?
Why should I consider your system?

I'm beginning to think I should have PM Mr. Riley instead of posting.

For those using this fuel system:

Why did you decide to replace your stock system?
Why did you choose this system?

I appreciate the information. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here.

2 stroke man 05-11-2008 12:28 PM

i was just goofin around lol. sorry

DIESELSITE 05-11-2008 12:50 PM

I'm not sure I need to replace the fuel system, so I guess my primary questions are:
If you drove a truck with this system, you'd feel differently :-X22

Why should I consider replacing the stock fuel system?
The stock system idles erratically, responds to throttle slowly, doesn't maintain fuel pressure, prone to leaks at banjo bolt, fuel pump is a pain in the butt to replace, fuel system in general makes all other engine valley repairs 3 times as long as it would if you had this system, etc.

Why should I consider your system?
Because we do it one way- the best. :D We make the kit as easy as it can be to install, we include a fuel line return cooler, a pre and post pump filter to filter to better than OEM requirements, new pump, bio-diesel rated components, check valves in-line to pre-vent air re-entering the system on shut-down, oil pressure switch with starter circuit, inertia switch, relay, all wiring, connections, heat shrink, wire ties, etc.

This is not a simple "key on" system. The fuel pump is not energized simply because you have the key on. This way you can have your key on for diagnostics, etc and not be running the pump with pressure on injectors WITHOUT the engine running. The pump does not energize until the starter is energized, then engine oil pressure keeps the fuel pump running.

I'm beginning to think I should have PM Mr. Riley instead of posting.
No problem, I'm glad to answer it here for others to read. These are good questions.

Bob

http://www.dieselsite.com/avatarssig...site128x28.gif

IDMooseMan 05-11-2008 01:03 PM

Bob,

Is a 17* HPOP necessary to this system or is the stock pump sufficient?

Note to self: Maybe I should try to find this system on his website. :confused:

DIESELSITE 05-11-2008 01:13 PM

Is a 17* HPOP necessary to this system or is the stock pump sufficient?
The short answer is... no. You can run your 15* pump and this system.

They really don't have anything to do with one another in this respect. This about fixing the OEM fuel system.

Bob

IDMooseMan 05-11-2008 01:24 PM

Then I guess I'm confused. I thought the HPOP fires the fuel injectors. I'm no diesel genius, so I'm assuming the fuel is introduced to the injectors via a separate line.

One line "feeds" the HPOP to fire the injectors, and another line delivers fuel to the injectors. Your system upgrades the fuel supply system, not the delivery (injector) system. Is that correct?

DIESELSITE 05-11-2008 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by IDMooseMan (Post 6141630)
Then I guess I'm confused. I thought the HPOP fires the fuel injectors. I'm no diesel genius, so I'm assuming the fuel is introduced to the injectors via a separate line.

One line "feeds" the HPOP to fire the injectors, and another line delivers fuel to the injectors. Your system upgrades the fuel supply system, not the delivery (injector) system. Is that correct?

The injector has two separate cavities. One that fills with fuel, and one that fills with oil.

Picture a piston moving up and down. As it moves up a cylinder, only one cavity is open at a time.

During an injection event, the injector opens the fuel cavity "door" to fill the injector with fuel. (during this portion of the cycle, the HPO cavity is closed on the incoming, but expelling the last cycles oil) There is only a specified amount of time to do this. If the injector only partly fills with fuel because of a weak system, low pressure, etc, the injector only has part of it's total capacity to inject in the next portion of the cycle. You can have 3000 psi oil pressure to inject, but if you only have an injector half full of fuel, that's all the fuel you inject in that cycle.

The next portion of the injector cycle closes off the fuel fill and the HPO dump ports. This is when your PCM calls for the injector to fire. It opens the HPO fill port and for a specified millisecond time frame, fills, pressurizes, and pushes the cavity of fuel into the cylinder. It can only push in what actually entered in the last portion.

So, oil pressure is important to maintain injection pressure, but fuel pressure and fuel volume help maintain a full injector. This explains why oil pressure is not changed, but top end power is greatly improved. You actually injected more fuel at the top end.

The real issue is that as rpms increase, the time you have to fill that injector greatly diminishes. It's probably not uncommon for an injector to be injecting 1/3rd of it's capacity at higher rpms.

Now, let me go into the HPOP changes since you seem interested.

Let's assume we now have a full injector on each stroke. NOW, the amount of oil volume we have (notice I didn't say pressure), determines how fast we fill and pressurize- hence move the fuel- into the injector. We only have so long to do this. If you cannot complete the cycle during the specified programmed injection cycle, the injector simply stops injecting and starts it's re-fill for the next go around.
The pressure of the HPO system determines the fuel injection pressure into the cylinder. The higher volume of the PULSE reaches the requested pressures quicker, resulting in higher atomization rates. This can easily be equated to higher mileage, higher power, less smoke, etc.

Bob