Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   Nice Motorcycle Ride Today (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/739240-nice-motorcycle-ride-today.html)

kermmydog 05-06-2008 10:14 PM

Nice Motorcycle Ride Today

Had a great motorcycle ride this afternoon. I headed to Oatman, on my way out of Oatman about a 1/2 mile below town I arrived on about 6 mules standing right in the middle of the road. As a passed by I noticed a few were standing there with the eyes closed. They didn't move an inch. I just rode between them. Cruised into Laughlin the back way then home.

Tomorrow, I'm riding to Chloride to take ird56 to lunch at Yesterday's. I called him today to make sure he would be home. I wanted to see him before we move. So I hope for NOT TOO MUCH WIND, so I can have a nice ride.

Craig:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty

helifixer 05-07-2008 07:58 AM

ahhhh to be retired, and have a motor cycle. I may never know either.

kermmydog 05-07-2008 04:19 PM

Oh, Bart, Keep the faith. Dreams happen all the time to those that work towards them. Retirement isn't always what it is cracked up to be. There are times I wish I could be in your shoes, Especially, now that you are moving into self employment. I was self employed for years, I always tried to incorporate fun into the job. Be it in those days I was single taking my lady friend with me, or tying weekend activities into my work schedule. In your case taking your children with you when you can etc. I never got rich self employed but I made a good living & most of all had a lot of fun. Self employment is about freedom. I was very blessed to have a couple of close friends that taught me how to be successful being self employed. They were both hard workers & both were worth a lot of money because of hard work & a few lucky breaks along the way. Being in the right place at exactly the right time. I will pass any of it off to you if you ever want it. Just PM me anytime. None of it is anything other than simple stuff that some of us forget sometimes.
Met with ird56 today for lunch, what a great ride again today. I traveled back the back roads. That is one thing I like about my Ninja. I'm an old dirt bike rider & my Ninja has seen it's share of dirt back roads. It is light enough & agile enough to run OK on dirt. I have a set of Kenda tires on it they are 6 ply casings, so they hold up well. A little tricky in sand & real rocky areas, but it's simple throttle not brake.
Craig

bigunred 05-08-2008 02:58 AM

Wish i was riden sold my bike to help with the move from ak. miss my me time.

kermmydog 05-08-2008 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by bigunred (Post 6130148)
Wish i was riden sold my bike to help with the move from ak. miss my me time.

Yea, Travis No matter what is going on when you fire up the motorcycle take off all the crap goes away. I love riding.
Craig

Bill W 05-08-2008 10:08 PM

I'm Jelious! Before the Kids I road every day, Mostly Dirt. Now I save for the day I can get another Bike I want another GSXR 1100 1986-7 But I'm afraid I am too Fat now! That was 45 lbs ago! Hahaha!

kermmydog 05-09-2008 12:23 AM

Bill,
I rode dirt a lot. This is my first street bike. I owned a combination bike Honda XL500. But hardly ever drove it on the street.
Craig