Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   Wheel arch trim clips (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/735281-wheel-arch-trim-clips.html)

Archion 04-24-2008 01:13 PM

Wheel arch trim clips

I remember seeing it on here somewhere before, but the beta test search engine is being twitchy right now. On my 86 XLT i have the full trim set, but one of them has been snagged off by the PO. I am looking for the clips an studs(?) that hold the right rear one on. I have looked at LMC, but the diagram shows the trim directly at the arch, mine is a few inches above it like in the picture below, they may just have the diagram wrong IDK. My set of Ford part books got damaged in the garage leak I had several years ago. Does anyone have the correct #'s that I need to order.

Thanks,

http://archionslair.com/hostedpics/truck1.jpg

ri_truck_guy 04-24-2008 01:23 PM

They are available through LMC. If it.'s just one plastic clip with an attached stud that you need, PM me with your address. I have a couple of extra clips. I can drop one in the mail when I get home.

Archion 04-24-2008 01:30 PM

That's cool, I appreciate it. looks like i'm gonna need the whole set though and possibly the retainers as well, looks like the studs broke off in the body. If you could send me the #'s you ordered that would be awesome.

ri_truck_guy 04-24-2008 01:37 PM

Now that I think about, I've got a complete right rear trim piece. It'll be a little while before I can get to a real computer, but I'll send the part numbers when I can. They are in a couple of spots in the LMC catalogue.

This meeting s@cks...thank god for PDAs.....

Franklin2 04-24-2008 07:00 PM

Here's a link too. I don't if they have what you need, but it's an interesting site to put in your favorites.
Auto Body Clips and Fasteners

Archion 04-24-2008 08:01 PM

I'll check it out, thanks Dave. And Bill, I know all to well how the meetings go, we have had a lot of sales meetings in prep for the coming a/c season. One of the reasons I love my iPhone...

ri_truck_guy 04-25-2008 09:29 AM

Matt...the LMC part number for the molding clips with the barrel nuts is 40-1652. They sell for $1.95 each.

Archion 04-25-2008 10:37 AM

Cool, Thanks Bill!!

Archion 04-25-2008 11:55 AM

Those are the ones I was thinking, orderd 6 of em. Their diagram, only shows them at the corners...lol

ri_truck_guy 04-25-2008 01:03 PM

Good...at least I got one thing right today.....:-banghead

NumberDummy 04-25-2008 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Archion (Post 6079069)
My set of Ford part books got damaged in the garage leak I had several years ago. Does anyone have the correct #'s that I need to order.

You can purchase a CD version of the 1980/89 Ford LIGHT Truck Parts Catalog from hipoparts.com / Also sold on ebay / The cost is about $25.00.

I looked up the Ford part numbers for these moulding clips (I'm using microfiche), all are obsolete.

Per side:

3) N800463S = R/L Qtr Panel Rear Moulding.

6) 375480S = R/L (above the) Wheel Opening Moulding

1) E0TZ9929033A = R/L Qtr Panel Front Moulding

4) E0TZ9921066A = R/L Qtr Panel Front Moulding.

Archion 04-25-2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ri_truck_guy (Post 6083055)
Good...at least I got one thing right today.....:-banghead

Just remember it's friday and there is cold beverage of choice in the fridge!!!

Thanks for the info numberdummy!

:-partybud:-partybud

81-F-150-Explorer 04-25-2008 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Archion (Post 6079069)
I have looked at LMC, but the diagram shows the trim directly at the arch, mine is a few inches above it like in the picture below, they may just have the diagram wrong IDK.

No there are two types of chrome "wheel arches" on 1980-1986 ford trucks. One with the full bodyside protection molding, like what your truck has, and the trucks that just have the chrome arches like my 1981 F-150 has.

Also check body shops, and automotive paint suppliers. Often times they carry the body, and molding clips you require.

hope this helps.

Archion 05-02-2008 08:51 AM

Well they did turn out to be the wrong clips... No biggie. I called LMC and NPD both, and all they service is the chrome arches that fit in the wheel well. I have seen a many of the protection style like mine on the road, more that the whell well ones, so the hunt continues. LMC also said they would take them back, with me paying the shipping and a 20% restocking fee, so I guess I'll keep em, I'm sure some one will need them down the road. I'll put them with the rest of my misc parts collection...

here is a pic, sorry for the quality, I need to clean my lens on the iPhone. The clips from LMC are about a quarter of this size and metal, mine are molded plastic.

I did find that the # above, 375480S, is for the tubular nuts in the body, it looks like from Ford the clips are supplied with the moulding. Makes it even more fun.

http://archionslair.com/hostedpics/trimclip.jpg

ri_truck_guy 05-02-2008 11:18 AM

I would push back on the restocking fee. If those clips aren't right, their catalogue is wrong.

In the meantime, how many do you need? When I finally got back in town last Friday I found some in my garage.