Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   Slight pop in 07 Expy at take off, stop, or turn (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/733938-slight-pop-in-07-expy-at-take-off-stop-or-turn.html)

jason_rving 04-20-2008 05:45 PM

Slight pop in 07 Expy at take off, stop, or turn

Guys, has anyone had a slight popping noise at take off, stop, or turn come from their 07 or 08 expy? I test drove an 07 EB with 12000 miles today. It has a clean carfax report and no signs of any work.

It is a fair deal on a vehicle with the options we want... and we have looked for a while.

It sounds like it may be coming from the front suspension or that a bolt to the frame may be a little loose.

I looked over the TSBs here and found nothing. Yeah, I know it is under warranty but please help me diagnose it if the private sellers dealer can 't find it.

nfntruth 04-21-2008 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by jason_rving (Post 6063117)
Guys, has anyone had a slight popping noise at take off, stop, or turn come from their 07 or 08 expy? I test drove an 07 EB with 12000 miles today. It has a clean carfax report and no signs of any work.

It is a fair deal on a vehicle with the options we want... and we have looked for a while.

It sounds like it may be coming from the front suspension or that a bolt to the frame may be a little loose.

I looked over the TSBs here and found nothing. Yeah, I know it is under warranty but please help me diagnose it if the private sellers dealer can 't find it.

Mine has been doing something similar lately, mostly if I change directions, not when I shift from reverse to forward, or when it starts rolling, but when I actually step on the gas. It didn't sound like it came from the tranny, but rather somewhere in the front passenger side, I thought maybe I had run over something. It did it 5 or 6 times, and I couldn't figure it out, then it stopped, but it happened again a few days ago, once I get to my final destination in Charleston, I will have to take it in, sounds like a suspension problem, or maybe the front anti-sway bar, sometimes those grommets "pop" when some of the rubber gets stuck.

jason_rving 04-22-2008 12:42 PM

Solved! The sellers dealer found it. The radiator was a little loose. Tightened up two bolts and voila! Problem gone. So I bought it...happy new owner of an 07 EB Expy with only 12K miles. This one makes a great replacement of our 01 EB which is now for sale.

berry1234 04-22-2008 01:02 PM

Well that's great. I took my 07 in for a rattling passenger window three times. They could not find out what was causing it. I took the door panel off and in 20 minutes had it solved. No grease on the track and the felt is on the plastic clip that holds the window to the track was missing from one side.

IQ9 04-22-2008 04:00 PM

I love some techs and the tunnel vision that seems to grip them.