Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   no more speeding tickets SWEET! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/731743-no-more-speeding-tickets-sweet.html)

immastrokinnow 04-14-2008 03:08 AM

no more speeding tickets SWEET!

The Speed Trap Exchange
a guy on my regional fte area posted this and i figured i would share it withthe guys on the forum that i visit most.

:-bigparty

secondarychaos 04-14-2008 10:47 AM

Ya, they'll still find a way, but that helps!

powrstrkr 04-14-2008 10:49 AM

Details? Firewall at work blocks it.

884x4broncoII 04-14-2008 10:55 AM

i used to drive a two lane highway to work and back when i lived in ky about 15 miles from bowling green to franklin, alot of people made the same commute as franklin was a big factory area, people would fash there lights at all the on coming cars after they had passed a speed trap

secondarychaos 04-14-2008 11:12 AM

Ya, out here in cali, if we pass one it's basically common courtesy to put on emergency blinkers if you pass one...
Saved me a few tickets.

bigbadwolfe 04-14-2008 01:26 PM

in mass they will give you a ticket for warning other people if they see you

97 HD 04-14-2008 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe (Post 6037871)
in mass they will give you a ticket for warning other people if they see you

x2 we do the headlight flash arround here. if you get caught though its bad news.

immastrokinnow 04-14-2008 03:53 PM

i will usually flick the highbeams. that way they dont see tail lights flashing too.

444dieselrod 04-14-2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by immastrokinnow (Post 6038361)
i will usually flick the highbeams. that way they dont see tail lights flashing too.

these ford High beam switches work GREAT for that. thats the norm around here too.

barebackjake 04-14-2008 09:32 PM

lights flashin here too !! get busted for doin it?? what happened to freedom of speech?

it costs too much too speed at $4 a gallon

F700 Pickup_man 04-14-2008 11:08 PM

I busted a guy the other day for flashin, nice sized 700 dollar ticket and court cost too,
iwas running radar in a school zone and he warns people?? they should be driving slow anyways

Quit speeding and it wouldn't be a trap

immastrokinnow 04-14-2008 11:16 PM

i dont speed in school zones. i respect those. and neighbor hoods. but out on the highway i drive at a comfortable speed for me (mood depending)

F700 Pickup_man 04-14-2008 11:44 PM

nothing personal it just chaps me how many people unload on the police, until they actually need us.

I love the people who know their "rights"

by the way a phone call after being arrested is NOT a right it is a privelage.

I feel better now

by the way my little ole town was listed on that site posted, it was hilarious reading them, by there comments I knew exactly who they were

By the way I am guilty of speeding, and have been busted and accepted my fate, so I feel I have a little of experience on both ends

yall have a nice night and slow er down for me.

immastrokinnow 04-15-2008 12:31 AM

where in Ga are you an officer?

sirenalx 04-15-2008 01:03 AM

I am with F700 Pickup_man and I am with immastrokinnow.
Speeding is not a right, and here in seattle traffic is congested a bit. A freeway is supposed to be a freeway, not a parking lot. I would think it would be better to have different lanes at different speeds. Right lane 55, center lane 65, left lane 75. Limits here range from 55-70 from seattle to bellingham. Just drives me nuts when some a**hat is in the left lane doing 55 in a 70. Makes the entire thing a mess as ppl move around or try to pass. Same goes for tailgaters, leave enough room to stop!!!! If I can tell that you got a booger on your finger after you removed your finger from your nose, you are too damn close.
Late night, early morning, ive done 80, 85 seattle to bellingham, or the reverse. Completely in control, with the right conditions. No snow, or rain. Was great, and fun, but not much traffic, maybe applying changeable speed limits depending on traffic flow/conditions would be better?
Makes me laugh when it snows around here and ppl think they can do the speed limit or better with their SUV's. lol, I pass them at 10 under when they are in the ditch or kissin the telephone pole. It snows enough to stick maybe 1 or 2 days a year here if we are lucky. Its an absolute riot to watch. 2 years ago, my crew showed up for work, and we sat out on my front porch and watched 2 articulated busses get jack-knifed, a moving truck go into the ditch, 6 cars get stuck at the bottom of the hill, and many other amusing events. We at least offered coffee and the use of the bathroom to the bus drivers though. After 2 hrs, we put our chains on and went to work. The moral of the story is be prepared for conditions, whether you are going fast or not, and know how fast you can go.
Residential streets are a different story. There are cats, dogs, kids, mommies jogging kiddies in the basket... speed limit needs to be obeyed in city. do most drivers do so here? no!
But the freeway or highway, honestly I think it depends on conditions as to how fast you should be able to go. JMHO