Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

6CylBill 08-15-2009 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match (Post 7833078)
ran out of gas. lost break boost and power steering and i was too tired to react fast. ended up in a ditch about 4 blocks from my house in the rain. so i called my dad and told him what happened and i slept in the truck till the next morning.

Glad to know you're alright! I've had to sleep in my truck before. Actually, I slept on my tailgate. Not very comfortable.

So you didn't have anyone to call to come and pick you up? Should have gave me a call! I would have drove all the way from WV to pick you up! Might take a bit longer than you're willing to wait though. :-D:-D

Now that I think about it, how come you didn't know you were out of fuel? Fuel guage broke?

93 mix 'n match 08-15-2009 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by 6CylBill (Post 7833112)
Glad to know you're alright! I've had to sleep in my truck before. Actually, I slept on my tailgate. Not very comfortable.

So you didn't have anyone to call to come and pick you up? Should have gave me a call! I would have drove all the way from WV to pick you up! Might take a bit longer than you're willing to wait though. :-D:-D

Now that I think about it, how come you didn't know you were out of fuel? Fuel guage broke?

all i did was slide off the road and bury the right front tire in wet soggy grass(mud). my mom works nights and my dad being sick i didnt have anyone to call at 3 AM so i slept across the rear bench.

what is it only a 10 hour drive to NJ from there? LOL you probably woulda got there about the time we pulled it out.

and my fuel gauge reads like the following

it only goes to 1/2 tank
1/2=full
1/4=1/2
E=E

i was on E for a while but never thought about it. completely my fault. i woulda walked but who wants to walk home at 3AM in the pouring rain and thnder and lightning especially when theres been alot of bears out.8D

92will 08-15-2009 08:21 PM

I worked on it as usual!

Diesel_Brad 08-15-2009 08:39 PM

I took my Crew cab out for a lil hell raisin tonight since it has been a month since it has bee out of the garage:-D

Staveys150 08-15-2009 08:41 PM

took the front end off of my project
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...G/100_0596.jpg

Staveys150 08-15-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match (Post 7833147)
all i did was slide off the road and bury the right front tire in wet soggy grass(mud). my mom works nights and my dad being sick i didnt have anyone to call at 3 AM so i slept across the rear bench.

what is it only a 10 hour drive to NJ from there? LOL you probably woulda got there about the time we pulled it out.

it only goes to 1/2 tank
1/2=full
1/4=1/2
E=E

i was on E for a while but never thought about it. completely my fault. i woulda walked but who wants to walk home at 3AM in the pouring rain and thnder and lightning especially when theres been alot of bears out.8D

my dads gas tank on his 1985 460 roll back is just like that

SaikotikGunman 08-15-2009 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match (Post 7833147)

it only goes to 1/2 tank
1/2=full
1/4=1/2
E=E

And Hell, Ford makes a more comfortable bed than half the mattress manufacturers do. As long as the radio works, or if you like the sound of rain on sheet steel, it's a pretty relaxing place to be.

SaikotikGunman 08-15-2009 10:22 PM

Blew out my left rear brake hardline. Was in a parking lot across from NAPA, and he had the line for me by the time I picked up the DOT3, but he didn't have a line wrench, and my regular box wrenches just stripped what was left of the fittings, so I thanked the powers that be for the split reservoir and the clutch pedal, filled it back up, and went back to pick up my mower trailer, stop at an auction, buy some brand new all terrain 235's for fifty bucks a pop, and eventually park it.

I actually had thought my master cylinder finally finished crapping out(as I've posted about elsewhere, recently), then I noticed the trail.

So, a question: Can a failing metal brake line cause the problem I've been having(full reservoir until the blow-out, pedal to the floor, having to pump it up to get real brake power, and only front brakes locking up if they're not pumped)?

And to get back on topic: Tomorrow, I'll be replacing a brake line and bleeding the whole system, potentially for the first of several times if it turns out I need a master cylinder and/or wheel cylinder and/or any other of the cruddy, rusty metal lines in my rear end.

93 mix 'n match 08-15-2009 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman (Post 7833529)
And Hell, Ford makes a more comfortable bed than half the mattress manufacturers do. As long as the radio works, or if you like the sound of rain on sheet steel, it's a pretty relaxing place to be.

i did. fell asleep listenin to the radio and killed the battery.

SaikotikGunman 08-15-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match (Post 7833553)
i did. fell asleep listenin to the radio and killed the battery.

I run my radio for up to 8 hours at a shot without killing my battery, you must listen to it louder than me!

95F350XL 08-16-2009 12:10 AM

On the 92 F150, I washed it up, and cleaned it up. On the 88 Bronk, I swapped in a 94 stang alternator. On my buddys 86 F250 we put 5" blocks out back, and some rancho shocks to match. The blocks were like an inch too high, but it looks good. The back is finally taller then the front. Someone put an add-a-leaf in the front so it sat super high.

LCAM-01XA 08-16-2009 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dancingchicken (Post 7803373)
MLSC, do you visit/post at any firearms-related websites? It seems I've seen your avatar somewhere before but I can't remember where.

Nope, I don't visit firearms discussion boards, my Persuader 500 is all stock and that's just fine for me - apparently for the drug-dealers across the street too, as after pointing it at one of their kids when they decided our house probably looks better on the inside than it does on the outside neither of them has ever been on our sidewalk :D And I'm about done with the front bumper, still needs a few more inches of welding, but that should be about all for a while. Tested the tire carrier as a pushing device today, there was no damage to the car's trunk lid, so I call it good :D Installed four smaller driving lights on the bottom of the bumper, they are only 55W each but they light up the road better than the four larger 100W offroad lights I took off - I don't really need my headlights no more!

93 mix 'n match 08-16-2009 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman (Post 7833767)
I run my radio for up to 8 hours at a shot without killing my battery, you must listen to it louder than me!

8 year old battery..............

SaikotikGunman 08-16-2009 09:47 AM

Wow, that battery doesn't owe you anything then. Only batteries I have that last that long are in tractors, but they put out twice the cold crank amps my truck battery does.

SaikotikGunman 08-16-2009 10:46 AM

Just finished replacing my left rear brake line, and flushing/bleeding both rear brakes.

And the inevitable test drive.