Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   No. 2 Ford widens U.S. sales lead over Toyota in March (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/728939-no-2-ford-widens-u-s-sales-lead-over-toyota-in-march.html)

builtfordtough13 04-06-2008 07:07 PM

No. 2 Ford widens U.S. sales lead over Toyota in March

:-bigparty Thought this was interesting

Inside Detroit autos | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

kermmydog 04-06-2008 07:28 PM

Yea that is interesting. The last thing I want is a car connected to a satellite. No On Star or Sync for me. That is why we have so many idiot drivers on the road, to busy playing with all that crap.

2000BLK54 04-07-2008 12:30 AM

There were plenty of idiot drivers before satellite car stuff...

jimandmandy 04-07-2008 10:03 AM

Ranger sales up 16.8 percent? Ford has basically forgotten that product. It has no Sync. Its high gas prices.

Sync by Microsoft is a negative in my book.

Jim

dave666thomas 04-07-2008 11:41 AM

Sync

My wife has Sync in her '08 Focus; its a great product, I have zero complaints with it. Heck, I wish I could get it installed in my truck. Cell phones arent going away and distracted drivers will find something else to distract themselves (Newspapers, hamburgers, passengers, makeup, radio, etc, etc ...), at least now when she has to use the phone she just hits a button on the steering wheel and talks, same when she wants to hear music off her ipod. No reason to take her eyes off the road. Voice activated controls are not a bad thing.

Onstar on the other hand, I would not want that. Maybe I am ignorant but I dont think Sync has the ability to be as intrusive as onstar does.

jpeters1 04-07-2008 04:57 PM

Yeah onstar can monitor everywhere you go and at what speed. I would imagine this could be the next "red light camera" scam ect... I read somewhere that all new onstar vehicles are going to have a feature that disables the car if the police are chasing you they just call it in. not bad but I dont want Big brother watching or controlling me.

less 04-07-2008 05:37 PM

I had Onstar for a year with my new Buick. It's handy, I guess for directions and the in car phone. But I don't need a phone as I have my cell phone in my shirt pocket and as far as directions go, I'm thinking about getting a portable Garmin. Onstar is good, but only in the car.

I dropped it.

2000BLK54 04-09-2008 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by jpeters1 (Post 6008354)
Yeah onstar can monitor everywhere you go and at what speed. I would imagine this could be the next "red light camera" scam

Nope. A rental car agency attempted to fine drivers that exceeded posted speed limits by monitoring the vehicles on-board GPS systems. Drivers sued, rental agency lost in Federal court.

DirtStripHero 04-09-2008 02:10 PM

A buddy of mine had Onstar on his truck and whenever he drove out into a field, the thing went crazy and some lady started asking him if everything was ok. He didn't answer because he was out checking fence, and Onstar called the cops to go check and make sure he was ok!

ghunt 04-10-2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by dave666thomas (Post 6007102)
Cell phones arent going away and distracted drivers will find something else to distract themselves (Newspapers, hamburgers, passengers, makeup, radio, etc, etc ...)

I find myself distracted by hamburgers rather often :D

westladog 04-13-2008 06:59 PM

Unless you work for Ford, why the hell would anyone care how many vehicles Ford has sold last month? I have three fords and I really don't care what they do....

It's just another car company.

Jonas1022 04-17-2008 03:26 PM

I have stock in FoMoCo...I care!

rangerfan 04-17-2008 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jonas1022 (Post 6051305)
I have stock in FoMoCo...I care!

WOW!! I feel sorry for you then. Why buy Ford stock? The ink on the paper is worth more.

You'll be in the poor house forever. I did own it at one time and quickly sold it when I realized the mistake that I've made.

thorseshoeing 04-18-2008 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by rangerfan (Post 6053046)
WOW!! I feel sorry for you then. Why buy Ford stock?

That's the exact thing I thought when I read that...:-D

Tim:-wink

builtfordtough13 04-18-2008 04:56 PM

Have you not noticed that it has gone up to $7.45 a share from like $5.00 a month or 2 ago. It seems like a good investment to me, cheap but increasing.