Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   trucks and driving in belize (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/727194-trucks-and-driving-in-belize.html)

2 stroke man 04-02-2008 10:20 AM

trucks and driving in belize

talk about glad to see something. the majority of the trucks (like 90%) in belize are none other than strokers. some only hitting on 4 cylinders because of the lack of mechanics, and most are rough as a cob but they are everywhere you turn! very few cummins. the roads down there are TERRIBLE and they run 65mph+ on roads i wouldnt run my truck over 35 mph on. the dodges wont hold together. i know missionaries that have had them and they fall apart down there. i saw maybe 10 dodges in the country, and probably over 100 powerstrokes.

THEY HAVE THE AWESOMEST LITTLE TRUCKS DOWN THERE. i came back lusting after their little trucks. get this-----a full crew cab ford ranger comes outta the factory with baja light bars in the bed, and brush gaurds up front. here is the kicker- they are diesel, but cant be sold here cause of tree huggers! they are awesome little trucks. i want!

tjbeggs 04-02-2008 10:33 AM

I would not doubt that in Belize you could get a newer than 03 Super duty with a 7.3 in them. I know in south America you could buy an 05 coiled spring front axle truck with 7.3 PSD in them still! The rest of the world gets neat diesel vehicles while we get stuck with Prius' and Element's. One of us needs to become the head of the EPA and get the guys striaghtened out. Tim Beggs for Head of the EPA sign your petition here.....

IceboxFX 04-02-2008 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tjbeggs (Post 5984153)
I would not doubt that in Belize you could get a newer than 03 Super duty with a 7.3 in them. I know in south America you could buy an 05 coiled spring front axle truck with 7.3 PSD in them still! The rest of the world gets neat diesel vehicles while we get stuck with Prius' and Element's. One of us needs to become the head of the EPA and get the guys striaghtened out. Tim Beggs for Head of the EPA sign your petition here.....

I'd definitely sign!

I had no idea they still put the 7.3's in the newer super duties! that would be the way to go if you lived in Texas, just head south of the border to get a new truck!

immastrokinnow 04-02-2008 11:42 AM

wheres that paper at....ill sign the thing....haha

tjbeggs 04-02-2008 11:42 AM

I don't know if its that way in Mexico but further south I have heard thats the case.

powrstrkr 04-02-2008 01:38 PM

I'll sign!! Get ready for the media blitz against you because of your faith, Tim. That's a great testimonial.

tjbeggs 04-02-2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by powrstrkr (Post 5984903)
I'll sign!! Get ready for the media blitz against you because of your faith, Tim. That's a great testimonial.

Bring on the media blitz....The LORD is bigger than their god's......

kawa 04-02-2008 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by tjbeggs (Post 5984153)

Petition for TJ Beggs as GURU of EPA :-tap

01) kawa

secondarychaos 04-02-2008 05:34 PM

02) Dan aka secondarychaos
Definately got my vote!!!
Can we get you to pretend that you're a tree hugger so you'll actually get in???

immastrokinnow 04-02-2008 05:34 PM

02) immastrokinnow

immastrokinnow 04-02-2008 05:35 PM

aw i guess im 3 cuz someones faster than me

tjbeggs 04-02-2008 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by secondarychaos (Post 5985937)
02) Dan aka secondarychaos
Definately got my vote!!!
Can we get you to pretend that you're a tree hugger so you'll actually get in???

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys! Sorry though I could not pretend anything. We have enough politicians pretending already!

Robbgt 04-02-2008 08:20 PM

Hey! get me on the petition!!!
4) Robb!!!!!