Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   my canundrum....need your advise, guys! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/726329-my-canundrum-need-your-advise-guys.html)

FFemt5287 03-30-2008 11:44 PM

my canundrum....need your advise, guys!

well, the girlfriend came home today with an 07 audi a4 she got from carmax. loaded to the teeth. now im sitting in the driveway, pretending not to be jelous and be happy for her, thinking "well, i make about 9x what she makes yearly and im driving a truck thats 11 years old." so i hop on carmax and find some really nice new trucks, particularly an 07 f250 lariat, extended cab, fairly low miles. now my predicament is i want a new truck, but i really dont know if i want to get rid of my current one. just way too many memories with it and its an awesome truck. im just sick of seeing all of my friends who barely work and make significantly less money than i do buying brand new or nearly brand new cars! if i do decide to get a new one, what do you think id get for my truck? ive got a feeling id probably get hosed on the fact that they usually dont give two shakes of a tail less about how much money you have sunk into performance parts on the truck. thanks again.

Brandon

powerstrokeddiesel 03-30-2008 11:47 PM

if now if you sale you truck you could send me your sticks and i could send you mine and some money... and maybe your turbo and maybe the chip... if you are willing to sale

kawa 03-31-2008 12:59 AM

Brandon, you are missing the whole picture. Your truck is a part of you and that is what makes it so unique. You have an 11 year old truck that has been restored the way that you want it to be. These friends and your girlfriend have gone out and bought something that anyone else on the block can obtain, but they would have one hell of a time matching what you have.

You have something that is no longer being made, it's unique in it's own right.
Your right when you say to trade it in you would get hosed, and you would. But a line would form in short order to buy what you just gave away. Why? Because you made it what it is and they appreciate the fact that the OBS is no longer being made. Driving your rig gave you class, it gives you pride and it gives you power to blow most anything else off of the road.

Anybody can walk into Carmax and with a little credit and a down payment drive out with the latest set of wheels around, plus they get to make those monthly payments along with the increase of insurance and very possibly, depending where you live pay more for license plates.

Your decision. Good luck

Rog

93f1505.0L 03-31-2008 11:39 AM

x2

I was they same way after i got my truck for about 10 minutes. Then I relized no one I know has a truck like mine in nearly as good shape. Everytime i look at it or drive it, it puts a smile on my face so if yours does they same to you then I would keep it. Everywhere you look you can see and 07 lariat but not a nice OBS. Not to mention with the stuff done to yours you could probly blow that 07 away.

IceboxFX 03-31-2008 11:48 AM

your deffinatley not going to get anything on trade. i was at a dealer once and asked them what they would give me for my truck and they said it was only worth $3000. i told him he was out of his mind.

immastrokinnow 03-31-2008 12:14 PM

i love my truck. you couldnt trade me one of those new 6.0s for mine. however. i might take the newer one sell it and buy mine back. if that makes any sense. but if you decide to part out of sell let me know....

powrstrkr 03-31-2008 01:13 PM

You just can't beat knowing that you have a special truck you've built the way you want. Something that is part of you. Something you can build to outperform the new diesels and be way more reliable. Something that always turns heads and if you live in a gearhead town like me - always getting offers for it. I would keep the truck and maybe think about getting a nice DD you can show off that's good on gas.

fuelman 03-31-2008 09:06 PM

Ask yourself what is better respected,a man that shells out 500plus a month for something that is considered "keeping up with the Jone's" or a vehicle that is paid for customized by you to suit your needs in a truck not what a manufacturer thinks most people "want". You as many of us poor out our heart into these trucks because we understand that these are special workhorses not just dinner cruisers.I'm not saying i wouldn't like an 03 but i love my OBS and i only paid 5800 for it,i can afford to put 10000 in it and have a less expensive(not cheaper) truck that is as good as any '06.God calls us to use our money wisely money he allows us, my opinion keeping the obs is wise,(keeping up with the Jone's) societoes image of respect

Neal 97 250 04-01-2008 07:01 AM

Everybody here posted a great response. Really if your truck isn't giving you "that" feeling then maybe it is not you. But however seeing what you have done to your rig I don't feel that is the case. I suggest keep shakin' the ground OBS style.

Oh yeah and if you do part out put me on the list as well.

FFemt5287 04-01-2008 11:46 AM

hahaha, thanks for all the replies, guys. ive decided to keep it. as you all said, its something made by me, for me, n no one else around here has one anything like it. now if i could just talk mom into letting me buy a motorcycle AND continue living at home........ (fuel mileage is my arguement for this one!)

thanks again for stopping me from making a fatal mistake..

-Brandon

immastrokinnow 04-01-2008 11:58 AM

yea ive been looking into a gsxr 750 im prolly gonne get one this summer. however i dont see paying 10K to commit suicide. i know me and the first time i get drunk and or pi$$ed off i will see how fast it will go and how bad it sucks when you lay it down at that speed....i guess i gotta learn to control my temper. cuz i got one thats like a rocket....

tjbeggs 04-01-2008 12:01 PM

Unless you buy a really cheap motorcycle it will take a long time to see any gains from the mileage! Just mod the truck!! LOL

FFemt5287 04-01-2008 12:16 PM

TTTTTTTTTIIIIMMMMMMM! ur ruining my reasoning! lol

a guy from my firehouse is looking to get rid of an older honda for a few hundred bucks. i figure filling that lil tank n getting 40+ mpg all summer would more than make up for the few hundred for the bike.

immastrokinnow 04-01-2008 12:23 PM

ive always wanted a bike. plus i can make it to the closest beach with about $10 (including tolls) verses like 75 in the the truck. and i could do it in about have the time. however a bike would not draw half the attention that a ground shaking psd would.i just gotta get a REAL job first. that layoff in october screwed me pretty good. and no one is hiring around here.....

Neal 97 250 04-01-2008 01:06 PM

There was a guy here in Johnson City that just got clocked at 156 mph. He removed his plate before he did it. The cops couldn't follow him (obviously) but they took the description of the bike and tracked him down. They delivered the ticket for reckless driving to his house. Other charges are pending. Can't outrun the radio.