Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Let Me Introduce Myself (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/724844-let-me-introduce-myself.html)

80351 03-27-2008 03:38 AM

Let Me Introduce Myself

Hello FTE member<O:p</O:p

I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Dave 80351 and I am a FTE member as well as a Maryland Chapter Member. <O:p</O:p

As you may or may not know the Maryland Chapter is in the process of electing new officers.<O:p</O:p

The positions that will be voted on are Chapter Leader, Assistant Chapter Leader and Secretary/Treasurer. I am running for the Chapter Leader position and just wanted to tell you a few things about myself and why I feel I would make a good Chapter Leader.

Again my name is Dave Stenner. My screen name is 80351. I have been a member of the MidAtlantic Chapter since 2004 but not very active until just recently when I joined the Maryland Chapter. I am no one special just your average truck owner.

I am 54 years old and currently a RV technician. In my job I am currently doing body and paint work on RV’s. In previous years I worked on automobiles but when faced with some medical issues I started working on the RV’s. I am also a MD state inspector for trailers 10K and below.<O:p</O:p

I have been very happily married for the last 17 years. After the passing of my mother in May 2006 my wife and I were afforded the opportunity to purchase our first house in Carroll County.

I currently own an ‘89 Ford Bronco, a ‘90 Bronco II and a 03 Jeep Liberty. All have been modified to some extent. Prior to owning these, I had an ‘80 E150 Ford van which served me well.

In the past I have been involved with several nonprofit organizations through the position of Promotions Director for one of the radio station in Baltimore but due to downsizing, the position was lumped together with several other stations and I was let go.<O:p</O:p

One of the big reasons I think I would do a great job as Chapter Leader is that I am used to dealing with people, planning and coordinating events of all sizes and I interact well with others and can delegate work to others when necessary.

I realize that the MD Chapter is not any one’s chapter, it is everyone’s and everyone has a voice.<O:p</O:p

My promise to the members of this Chapter and FTE as a whole is that I will do my very best to make this chapter, your chapter, to build it to the utmost within FTE that it can and should be.<O:p</O:p

There will be more events, more family friendly events, more GTG’s camping trips, car shows, off road outings and anything else you as a member may suggest.<O:p</O:p

So with this all said please visit the Maryland Chapter site on FTE for more details. You will be notified shortly with the details of the elections and when it is time to vote, please do so. <O:p</O:p

Currently there are 3 candidates for Chapter Leader, Dustin aka Tractor Boy, current Chapter Leader, Chris, aka BroncoChris88 and myself, Dave, aka 80351.<O:p</O:p

For Assistant Chapter Leader, Bud, aka BPofMD and for Secretary/Treasurer, Paul, aka flathead95hp.<O:p</O:p

The deadline to nominate the Chapter Leader is now past, but the nominations for Assistant Chapter Leader and Secretary/Treasurer have been extended to April 2nd so please be watching for more information. We are trying to see if FTE will send out the ballots for voting.

Tractor Boy 03-28-2008 08:27 AM

Howdy Yall!!! I figured I'd do the same myself................

Name: Dustin Bruce
Work: full time mechanic/technician for the MD National Guard, Owner/operator Tractor Boy Motorsports
Hobbies: volunteer firefighter @ Kentland Volunteer Fire Department, station 33, PG County, hunting, fishing, camping, off-roading, drag racing, tractor racing, tractor pulling, working on historic cars and trucks, building models, shooting, pretty much anything outdoors

I am currently the Chapter Laeder for MD, also a Founding Member, was the one who got this chapter started(with help from a few other chapter members). I am running for Chapter Leader. I am very proud of this chapter and what it means to me to see it from start to now. I enjoy being chapter leader, even though at first it was a bit hard and frustrating, it was well worth it. I helped get the ball rolling for the DE and PA chapters and am glad to see how far they have come as well.

I think I should be re-elected for another term as Chapter Leader becuase I feel I am doing a good job and love this position. I am for the chapter and the members. I plan on having 1 G2G a month during the warmer months, possibly more. I would like to plan some family events, race track dates, and shows.

VOTE TRACTOR BOY for MD Chapter Leader!

FTE Trigger 03-28-2008 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by 80351
We are trying to see if FTE will send out the ballots for voting.

It maybe best if someone wanted to set up a poll. Then myself or another Mod would stick it and or help watch it.

Fwiw: you can turn off the viewing functions so you could not see who voted for who.

Surge08 03-29-2008 10:16 AM

Name: Christopher Hayes
Work: Full Time for Carmax as a Solutions Specailist
Hobbies: Traveling, Hunting, Fishing, Off Roading.

I am currently a member of the Maryland Chapter and can see much more come out of this chapter. I would Like to have more meets and maybe a fund rasier for a local charity. Would like to get us involved with the community (I.E. parades, cook offs, ect.) I am a Former Ravens Roost Member and know how to conduct meetings and other business. Really want to do the parades. Gets our names out there and a chance to get more memebers. Want to get us involved also with car shows with everyone's Local community. I used to work on Fords for a living as I am still Ford Master Certified. My hands are done, left hand locks up for at least 30min at a time.

I think I should be elected for Chapter Leader becuase I feel more can come out of the chapter. I am for the chapter, the members and future members. I planning on having one get together a month on a range of place to accomidate everyone, and most likely more. I would like to plan Family and Friends events, Parade dates, and Local Shows.

Vote Chris (A.K.A. BroncoChris88) for MD Chapter Leader!

BPofMD 03-29-2008 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 99Trigger3_0
It maybe best if someone wanted to set up a poll. Then myself or another Mod would stick it and or help watch it.

Fwiw: you can turn off the viewing functions so you could not see who voted for who.

But we could NOT limit WHO votes in that poll.....

tewferford 03-29-2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by BPofMD
But we could NOT limit WHO votes in that poll.....

Bud the mods know exactly who is who. The vote would not count if they don't belong to your chapter. Or they would not be able to even cast a vote.