Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Here we go again (Mass lift laws) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/721019-here-we-go-again-mass-lift-laws.html)

JMACC 03-17-2008 03:01 PM

Here we go again (Mass lift laws)

Hey guys-
I know it been awhile but I've switched carrers and I've been focusing on that but I'm back. As to the title to the thread during my new endevour I aquired a company vehicle and my baby has been sitting awhile and while its been sitting the inspection ran out.Needless to say I built the truck three years ago 6" lift w/37" Mud terrains and some other mods and have had it inspected no problem the last two years. Now I go to the same place I always go to and nope!!?? they say its to high I explain to them about the past and still no can do, even with all the documentation I have from the registry web site about lift laws and how I followed them to a T.Anyway is there anyone out there that can inspect my diesel without any GRUFF? If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking in advance
JMAC

donjamer 03-17-2008 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by JMACC
Hey guys-
I know it been awhile but I've switched carrers and I've been focusing on that but I'm back. As to the title to the thread during my new endevour I aquired a company vehicle and my baby has been sitting awhile and while its been sitting the inspection ran out.Needless to say I built the truck three years ago 6" lift w/37" Mud terrains and some other mods and have had it inspected no problem the last two years. Now I go to the same place I always go to and nope!!?? they say its to high I explain to them about the past and still no can do, even with all the documentation I have from the registry web site about lift laws and how I followed them to a T.Anyway is there anyone out there that can inspect my diesel without any GRUFF? If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking in advance
JMAC

JMAC not sure where to get it registered, but why not ask around at your local custom shop.. I am sure they may know someone..

I believe MA is trying to tighten the laws.. Others have complained about exhaust issues and inspections..

Check out the NE Chapter threads I think that is where I saw the discussion..

Pocket 03-17-2008 05:44 PM

If you have already shown them the lift laws, and proved that your truck is in compliance, they should pass you. If they are still not going to pass, then it's just ego on their part (not wanting to admit they were wrong), and they no longer deserve your business. Try another inspection station. I've seen issues like this before, and there is no way to convince them to change their minds. Sorry, but it happens sometimes. People think with their ego instead of their heads.

HKusp 03-17-2008 05:54 PM

Excercise your right to vote.

megawatt00 03-17-2008 08:25 PM

Yea Mass is tough. Many years ago I got pulled over by a registry cop in Taunton (MA) he took pics of my jeep with a polariod and summosed me to the registry office monday am for measurements. He wrote me up for being too high (6" suspension lift and 3" body lift) and gave me 5 days to either lower it or turn in my registration. Well by the third day I got a brain storm I sent in the ticket to fight it. On the day of court he stated all of the laws and how I "broke" them. When it was my turn I only had two questions. 1: Is it true that in the state of MA any device that is used oficially for weighing or measuring has to be inspected by the dept of weights and measures? Yes #2 was the tape measure tht officer so and so used insepcted by the dept of weights and measures? Nope. Needless to say I got away that time but was that cop P*ss^d.