Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Update On My Truck... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/718319-update-on-my-truck.html)

brentleedragon 03-10-2008 04:53 PM

Update On My Truck...

Anyhow today they called and offered $2600 for my truck. That was not including any of the reciepts I sent them for all of the body work, transmission, engine and other work I had done on the truck. I am really suprised at the $2600 without reciepts because I was told I would MAYBE get low blue book which is $1700. That was kinda nice? So they are supposed to factor in all the receipts (probably with a depreciated value of parts..i.e. tranny now has 20,000 miles on it, blah blah blah) so I am expecting anywhere from that to $5000 I believe. Hopefully they will not depreciate the value of the work I had on it too much, but it has been a couple years since the work (they seem to think it wont matter.) Any how I am hoping for the best .

On my injuries, I have had two appointments with the physical therapist. I have 15+ muscles from my neck to lower back that are strained or too relaxed. On my left side my shoulder sits up higher because all the muscles are contracted very tight, and on my right they are really relaxed. It isnt that noticible she said she barely noticied it. But my neck is unaligned, and she aligned it about five times, and told me that it unaligned itself within seconds of her realigning it. So its fun lol, I have a lot of back pain and neck pain, the neck pain results into headaches which result into me getting really tired and inactive.

Just an update I should know in the next couple of days hopefully what they are doing with my truck, and they have yet to contact me about a medical adjuster on the semi trucks side. My insurance Geico has contacted me, and I am sending them my bills, but I have a meeting with a lawyer on wednesday morning. I decided it was best to have a lawyer and a friend reccomended him, and he is doing it on contingency.

I'll keep you guys posted.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-10-2008 08:36 PM

Good for you Buddy! Hang in there!

brentleedragon 03-10-2008 09:11 PM

yeah I am hanging in lol

brentleedragon 03-19-2008 01:42 PM

ok so anyhow here is what is going on with my truck

We are keeping it, they arent totaling it but the damages exceed 80% of the truck's value so they are giving us a value of the truck with the parts in it (not sure they havent gotten back to us quite yet) But I found a nice truck bed (in better condition then the one I had on it) At Pull and Save in Spokane for $105 that I am going to get, then some new tail lights and I might need a back end harness I am not a 100% sure, then, later on I will get the frame a 100% straight, it is bent right above the axle but they wont consider it totaled cause the bend isnt that bad. (anyone know where to get it straightened at)

then a guy will rebuild my transmission for the suburban for 300dollars plus parts. So I am pretty happy that I got these things figured out.

My truck is what we are going to call the disaster truck right now lol, so if the other two cars are out and you need to go somewhere you can use (once we get the repairs done)it lol, but I am going to slowly but surely restore it.

Eric C. 03-19-2008 11:05 PM

I know the feeling, when the tree killed mine I went round and round with them about all the extras such as the auxilary fuel tank, modified trans and suspension that was in it. They finally gave me $4500.00 for mine.

brentleedragon 03-19-2008 11:08 PM

I think I am going to get anywhere from 3000 to 3500. Because all of the restore things I did were close to two years ago and so they depreciate the value...hopefully they wont if thats the case I could be looking at like 6 grand lol

Placermike 03-19-2008 11:17 PM

You never get true value for mods unless you purchase additional insurance. That is usually too expensive over the long run, and best used for show cars.

brentleedragon 03-19-2008 11:20 PM

yeap and my truck was far from show truck ahahah you can see it in my gallery :-) one of the jet ski's it is towing is worth more :_D

Eric C. 03-20-2008 01:12 AM

Only reason I got what I got was I had to keep commercial insurance to take it on the job with me. So I was covered for the mods. I got my money out of the truck but I do miss that old beast. Good it was a bear to try and park but no one got in my way and it sure was smooth on the highway.