Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Looks like a daytime job has been flat out handed to me... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/716271-looks-like-a-daytime-job-has-been-flat-out-handed-to-me.html)

Greywolf 03-05-2008 05:54 PM

Looks like a daytime job has been flat out handed to me...

I got a call today from a tranny shop in Covington that needs a few R&R guys - and they have a training program (sort of).

BIG outfit, from what I saw of it, but I was targeting bigger game at the time.

They do get work from local dealers, and it's another case of: "Hmm, most guys are scared of trannies. What's behind that door?"

I wonder how much electronics are involved...

BIG R 03-05-2008 08:06 PM

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Greywolf 03-05-2008 08:12 PM

I wonder about it, since My main thing is electrical....

But I got into that as a challenge.

How different can electrical and hydraulic schematics be?

THROW ME IN THAT DAMNED BRIAR PATCH!!!!

Ford4dog 03-05-2008 08:53 PM

I always thought the newer trannies had a lot of electrical components to them. Heck most newer cars can almost drive themselves with the electronics that are in them. Some of that has to involve the tranny.

Think of it this way, if you take it and start working and learn some stuff, you can always help us out should we ever need it.

Customcab 03-06-2008 12:04 PM

Glad to see ya able to put beans on the table again. Good luck and there's always other option's to come avaiable.

Mitch

Greywolf 03-06-2008 05:15 PM

IT'S ON! I start monday - tomorrow I'll be hikin' tools to the shop, and it's ten miles closer to home than the last place I worked at the same pay level.

If I prove out, the raises will come thick and fast.

lariat97 03-07-2008 08:44 AM

This is great Wolfie. I hope it works out good for you.

Customcab 03-07-2008 10:11 AM

10 miles closer, with today's gas prices; is like getting a pay raise.. Glad to here that!!!

Mitch

Greywolf 03-07-2008 11:56 AM

It's WIN - WIN all the way, and I may yet end up at a dealership, but this looks like it might in some ways be even better...

And now, since I've pretty much got the february photo con all set up - it's time for me to go pack a toolbox...

rywegh 03-07-2008 02:11 PM

Congrats Wolfie! I hope this works out for ya.

I have been looking to pick up a second job to payoff some bills I have before the wedding. Plus a little extra spending cash can't hurt either. So I know the job market is kinda tight.

thorseshoeing 03-07-2008 03:21 PM

Congrats Wolf, hope all works out well ...

I like the sig rywegh...The guy that wrote that is hilarous, he should be an inspiration to us all...

Tim:-wink

60oneton 03-07-2008 03:38 PM

Glad to here it Greywolf,

All good things come to those who drive Fords!!!!!!!

Greywolf 03-07-2008 03:52 PM

Shoot man - by the time I got my boxes to Covington I had to clear an inch of snow off the tops of them...

Layed Out 100 03-10-2008 12:10 PM

Good to hear greywolf, good luck at the new job! Im trying to find something in the north Mississippi or Memphis area myself, As of right now I am working in Pascagula Ms but can't wait until I can find something at the house.

Greywolf 03-10-2008 06:26 PM

Well shucks...

It's bad enough we have daylight savings time - but why did they have to change it this year? Got to work, FIRST DAY AT A NEW JOB half an hour late.

I BET Hillary had something to do with it. It had to be her or Al Gore!

I even checked my computer at five after midnight last night, NOPE! No time change.

That being said, it went pretty well. I positively stink of varsol, the boss is a Christian man who's hobby is hovercraft and who owns a Bradley GT project, the atmosphere in the shop is awesome, I'm picking up on new stuff, there's a tool outlet a quarter mile down the road similar to Harbor Freight,and I time my smoke breaks so that I can watch trains go by just past the end of the back parking lot...

Only one thing sucked: I spent almost all day pulling an auto trans out of a four wheel drive V6 Chevy Blazer II. I swear those things are designed by sado-masochists!

At four thirty I started on a full sized chevy with an auto trans and a V8...

Six bolts and two lines in the morning and it will be out and down.

Why's everything with a V6 or less seem like a total PITA???