Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Louisville Swap Meet (2 MORE DAYS) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/716197-louisville-swap-meet-2-more-days.html)

restoringmy46 03-05-2008 02:46 PM

Louisville Swap Meet (2 MORE DAYS)

Just wanted to relieve some excitment. Can wait to go and enjoy the weekend. This is like a vacation to me. I look forward to this more than going to the Beach. My wife thinks I'm crazy, and I quess I am I love stuff like this. Samething with old junk yards I could walk through them all day long. Hope to see alot of you guys there. I'm still try to come up with a idea to wear something with FTE on it.

Scott B.

homade 03-05-2008 03:48 PM

Scott,i'll probably wear a t-shirt with a purple 51-f1--route 66 on it, if cool inside a black jacket with ABF in gold letters truck with set of doubles across back of jacket. Garry on front, see you there.

Customcab 03-05-2008 04:20 PM

Yea; my first trip; a group of us guys are heading up 0400 Saturday; some of the guys go every year. I'm really looking forward. Also will be at Supernationals on the 16th & 17th of May; I consider it the Ford Mecca....

Mitch

Truxx1956 03-05-2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by restoringmy46
Just wanted to relieve some excitment. Can wait to go and enjoy the weekend. This is like a vacation to me. I look forward to this more than going to the Beach. My wife thinks I'm crazy, and I quess I am I love stuff like this. Samething with old junk yards I could walk through them all day long. Hope to see alot of you guys there. I'm still try to come up with a idea to wear something with FTE on it.

Scott B.

Amen Scott!! I'm with ya!! It's like a vacation to me too, everyone else thinks I'm crazy, but I guess they just dont get the old truck thing? I'll be wearing a white T-shirt with a picture of my '56 (Pegysu) on it. If it's cool inside, I'll have my Ford jacket on. It kind of looks like a nascar type jacket. I hope to see you dudes there!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!:-X03

Truxx1956 03-06-2008 04:06 PM

The weatherman is NOT our friend this weekend? If we get the snow they're talkin about, we might not be able to go to the swap meet!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

tacson 03-06-2008 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Truxx1956
The weatherman is NOT our friend this weekend? If we get the snow they're talkin about, we might not be able to go to the swap meet!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

DITTO from Nashville about the weather. It is not looking promising. Hope the weather man is wrong Rodney at Hot Rod Trucks is bringing me some parts.

Danny D 03-07-2008 11:01 AM

Ill be there with my hood birds saturday. Look for a blue bandana and pony tail. My wife has long dark red hair. Six year old daughter is cute as can be.

Truxx1956 03-07-2008 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Danny D
Ill be there with my hood birds saturday. Look for a blue bandana and pony tail. My wife has long dark red hair. Six year old daughter is cute as can be.

Glad to hear it Danny!! and youre right your daughter is cute as can be!:-X03 Hows the weather up there now Danny? I know you're right there so maybe you can give us the details?

homade 03-07-2008 12:46 PM

Terry, speaking of daughters, i'm sure your ball game has canceled so you can leave earlier, be careful and have more time to scrounge around .

restoringmy46 03-07-2008 01:11 PM

I have been trying to watch the news also. My uncle is getting the 4x4 ready as we speak. He says he's going no matter what so as far as I now we will bw there, it just might take alittle longer. I quess from what I've seen Louisville as some snow now. I'm around 3.5hrs away and we havn't gotten any yet. Hopefully like you said the news is wrong about how much we will get.

Scott B.

homade 03-07-2008 02:35 PM

terry, how far is louisville from you and is it still snowing, about 5" here but suppose to snow all nite until late tommorrow.

Truxx1956 03-07-2008 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by homade
terry, how far is louisville from you and is it still snowing, about 5" here but suppose to snow all nite until late tommorrow.

We're about 80 miles from the swap meet. It's kind of snowing here, but not much. As for my daughter's game, we had already made arrangements to leave her with her grand mother and she would take her to her game. So, I'm really mad at the weatherman!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

restoringmy46 03-07-2008 08:02 PM

Well I just talked to my uncle and we are going. We are leaving at 7am. Hope to see some of you there.

Scott B.

Danny D 03-07-2008 09:52 PM

We have 6" of snow and its still falling. Up to 12" or more are expected. I have not seen where the swap meet has been canceled. If it keeps snowing saturday everything will be a real mess. Come prepaired and bring a shovel.

tacson 03-07-2008 10:57 PM

Im out fellas. I was on my home from my part time (junkyard) and got a call that I needed to get to my wife's job. Seems she put her middle finger on her left hand(hand she uses 90% of the time) right where the door of the vault seals against the vault frame at the bank. Broke the tip. Finger will be in a splint for 6 weeks. IN ER from 5:30 to 10:30. She ought to be a blast to live with. Especially being with out your primary hand. Hey if anybody does go please tell Rodney at Hot Rod Trucks I will call him Monday and have him ship me the shorty bumper brackets for my 55 F100 I intended to pickup. Thanks Donald