Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum60/)
-   -   NEED ADVISE ON ALARM ( they stole my sound) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/714321-need-advise-on-alarm-they-stole-my-sound.html)

2008drkstone 03-01-2008 08:33 AM

NEED ADVISE ON ALARM ( they stole my sound)

hello all trying to get some info on what is a good alarm for my truck. they broke into it last weekend and stole my eclipse navigation, my ipod, my sirius, my kenwood amp, and my 10" kicker l5. All they did was pop the lock :mad: Thanks in advance!

FTE Trigger 03-01-2008 09:22 AM

Sorry you have to go through this... :-X16

Check with DEI....(www.directed.com) they have quite a few "Brands" under them... hopefully others will chime in on what they have.

I have a Python model 702 sitting here...
Includes a 2-way remote (with an alarm notification) and a aux. keyless/disarm remote;
with a whole gaggle of features...

Plus on the options that you can get include.. a garage door interface, wind. contrl module, a "Field Disturbance radar", a glass break sensor and a battery back-up module.

Beerstalker 03-01-2008 01:24 PM

I have the Autopage RS1000 and I am really happy with it.

SME 03-02-2008 07:44 AM

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. They broke out a rear window in an ice storm and got my stereo. I had a Crimestopper CS2011DPII with remote start.

Cardiac_RN 03-02-2008 08:28 AM

I have the viper 9100 series with the viper gps210 tracking system so as soon as my truck is messed with the two pager goes off or if i am out of range i get a call telling me my truck alarm is going off, what sensor was tripped. Another good feature of the gps tracker is that is they do get in and "hotwire" your truck u can disable it on your cellphone or laptop

soxfan81 03-02-2008 08:55 AM

I would check out www.kcautosound.com Travis will pre-wire it for your truck and makes the install alot easier he also sends detailed instructions. If you have problems he will even stay on the phone with you trying to get it resolved. I would atleast check him out see what you think. I was real impressed.

DROOPY209 03-03-2008 03:35 AM

I've got the Compustar Pro 2WSS-AS remote start alarm with the Computrack real time GPS.

The alarm has over 2 mile range.

johnperdeye 03-04-2008 12:46 AM

i have a scytek alarm and love it

spatel23 03-04-2008 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Beerstalker
I have the Autopage RS1000 and I am really happy with it.

From what I gather, Autopage is the best in the game!
Directed and all the names that operate under them are also really good.

2008drkstone 03-05-2008 12:32 PM

thanks for the replys now all i have to do is decide which one to get

soxfan81 03-09-2008 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2008drkstone
thanks for the replys now all i have to do is decide which one to get

So what did you decide?

powerz69 04-13-2008 08:47 PM

Nobody uses the factory alarm add on? Cause I need one and was leaning towards the factory alarm but never read to much on it.

mooch91 04-14-2008 11:20 AM

I have experience with the factory add-on alarm (made by Code Alarm) but was not so pleased with it. Here's my thoughts:

PRO:
  • Integrates well with the existing remote.
  • Fairly easy to wire (as an add-on to keyless entry, there are fewer connections to make).
  • Integrates with the door keypad.
  • Has a two-stage shock sensor: will chirp when it senses a light touch and full-out alarm when it senses a firmer bang to the vehicle.
CON:
  • Decided I needed a two-way remote.
  • Light-touch shock sensor seems to "turn off" after a while. If the vehicle sits armed for a day or longer, it will no longer sound the warning chirp when it gets the light touch. Code Alarm could not tell me why.
  • Experienced one other anomaly: Unlock the doors and then lock them without opening a door and the alarm does not re-arm. Needs to have the doors opened in between the unlock and the lock for it to re-arm.

MeyerzF350 04-14-2008 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by johnperdeye (Post 5833480)
i have a scytek alarm and love it

2nd that.....and the price point is better. :-jammin

bgalaxy67 04-14-2008 06:32 PM

Sorry to hear bro!

That sucks, I've been gutted a few times.

I use the Viper 5900 In the wifes truck and now I install my stuff to make it as hard a possible to get out.

It sucks we have to go through all this.