Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   Odor Blocks........urinal blocks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/712826-odor-blocks-urinal-blocks.html)

Mike8623 02-26-2008 02:20 PM

Odor Blocks........urinal blocks

OK guys, I, as probably most of you do.......haul a lot of stuff in your truck and or camper shell.........I've got two Saint bernards..........and the three of us spend a lot of time in our truck.........so it gets filled with lots of odors....mostly dog stuff............I've tried all sorts of stuff to get rid of the odors, long term.........or more than the walmart stuff does.....and I was just thinking what about urinal blocks...........anyone try these before.........do they work without water............or more than likely some of you have been here before I have. What can you get to just throw under the seat.........and take care of things for quite a while........time release scents, elctric scent release.........someone must have figured this out................I love my dogs......but they do get gamey at times........not so bad to me.......but when someone else gets in our truck.......you should see the look on their faces...........I just tell them, it's the dogs truck and they were here first.

MADVAN 02-26-2008 02:48 PM

Ozone generator works the best.
It will remove even smoke!
Be shure and air out after use.
You can find some small generators on Flea-Bay.

Bill

Action4478 02-26-2008 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by MADVAN

Bill

GEE ,,, I think my wife has one of those in our living room ...(go figure)....:confused:

MikeFromShiloh 02-26-2008 03:50 PM

One good use I have found these Urinal blocks is to break them into small pieces. This can be done by placing the blocks into a old sock or something similar. Then proceed by hitting the blocks with a hammer pulverizing into small parts. Then, empty small purlverized pieces into your buddies tool box equally distributing pieces into each draw. It works well at keeping the odor down. It may take some explaining to convince buddy you were just trying to do him a favor. LOL

Robbgt 02-26-2008 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by MADVAN

Bill

Cool :-X22 I'll have to mention that to a freind of mine, PO smoked in it alot. That would help clear it up good.

-Robb

helifixer 02-26-2008 06:21 PM

are you refering to the hockey pucks in the bottom of the pisser at a gas station? if so your truck must really reak to want that smell.

Originally Posted by Mike8623
OK guys, I, as probably most of you do.......haul a lot of stuff in your truck and or camper shell.........I've got two Saint bernards..........and the three of us spend a lot of time in our truck.........so it gets filled with lots of odors....mostly dog stuff............I've tried all sorts of stuff to get rid of the odors, long term.........or more than the walmart stuff does.....and I was just thinking what about urinal blocks...........anyone try these before.........do they work without water............or more than likely some of you have been here before I have. What can you get to just throw under the seat.........and take care of things for quite a while........time release scents, elctric scent release.........someone must have figured this out................I love my dogs......but they do get gamey at times........not so bad to me.......but when someone else gets in our truck.......you should see the look on their faces...........I just tell them, it's the dogs truck and they were here first.

c00nhunterjoe 02-26-2008 06:25 PM

get the aerosal cans that go in the timed release boxes above bathroom doors, they work excellent and come in many, many flavors

kawa 02-26-2008 06:32 PM

I don't know this for a fact but I have been told that the red blocks taste like Cherries. :-huh :-X13

Rog :-missingt

c00nhunterjoe 02-26-2008 06:34 PM

mmmm cherry

884x4broncoII 02-26-2008 06:42 PM

i sujest parking the front of your truck up on bocks/ramps and hosing out the back and scurbing it with some cleaner and odo ban

brown 4x4 02-26-2008 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by helifixer
are you refering to the hockey pucks in the bottom of the pisser at a gas station? if so your truck must really reak to want that smell.

That's kind of what I was thinking. :confused: :-huh