Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   We got any tractor pullers here? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/711370-we-got-any-tractor-pullers-here.html)

Redneck-Cowboy 02-23-2008 12:50 AM

We got any tractor pullers here?

Hey just wondering, do we have any tractor pullers on here, weather it be antique, farm class, modified, or bush pullers?

If so, are you an IH, JD, MM, AC, Oliver, etc. puller?

150ford 02-23-2008 04:43 AM

I pull IH myself. Have an old M. Wish i had a MTA though. Them things pull good. Would love to soup up a 1066 though an pull her down the track.

Redneck-Cowboy 02-23-2008 10:37 AM

I pull a Farmall 460 Diesel and sometimes my "Green" M (painted JD Green and says 4640) We have a 966 w/ an M/W turbo I'd like to pull but the T/A is out, I'd kinda like to have that.

chris1066 02-23-2008 11:06 PM

Well I've pulled some of everthing. A Super M which has been a really competitive tractor for me.:-D I just recently finished a 1066 which I pull in the stock farm class.}> One time I even pulled one of our Cub Cadets in the garden tractor pull.:-X17 It just wasn't as fun as the 1066.:-X04

And then thiers the pickups a 75 F-250 390 4 speed which dosen't owe me anything. I proablly owe it, ha ha. I even tried pulling the old 6.9, but am a little short on power.

Redneck-Cowboy 02-24-2008 11:39 AM

That reminds me, you gonna get that cub cadet supped up for the garden tractor pull this year?

chris1066 02-24-2008 11:00 PM

Probable not. It didn't run to bad I just need better tires. Turf tires don'y work to well.

Redneck-Cowboy 02-24-2008 11:59 PM

Yeah you'll have to buy some directionials for it.

chris1066 02-25-2008 12:02 AM

Some nice 23 degree Firestones would be right at home on it I think.

Redneck-Cowboy 02-25-2008 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by 150ford
I pull IH myself. Have an old M. Wish i had a MTA though. Them things pull good. Would love to soup up a 1066 though an pull her down the track.

What pulls do you go to around your area?

150ford 02-25-2008 12:42 AM

I havent pulled in a couple off years but have pulled at the Boone county fair which discontinued there pull.Cant figure that one out yet. As far as pulling itself. Any pulls that are close i try to attend. Been to the Caroll tractor an truck pull. great pull. Allsouped up seuff, have attended several NPPA pullersff course. Arlington an Wahoo pulls tractor an truck both, Some off the best pulling around.

Redneck-Cowboy 02-25-2008 12:48 AM

Is Arlington the one that has the Antique pull and then the truck pull back to back on a weeknight usually? And the truck isn't very organized, there's like 3 broad classes. Or am I thinkin of somewhere else, the town is not terriably far from Blair.

150ford 02-25-2008 01:00 AM

Yes they do. They run antiques first an then the trucks usually after midnight. They should have seperate nights though. The tractor pull runs way late. Tons off antiques pulling. They have diesel truck as well as stock trucks pulling. They have good size number off trucks pulling. There is one Ford truck a 65 Ford 4x4 that kicks but every year. Yeh a 65. He pulls that thing like its nothing. Its got some deep gears.Seen a guy with a mid nineties 4x4 PSd that had twin stacks out the bed pulled. Pretty awesome truck. Yeh Arlington is a must see event no matter what pulls.

Redneck-Cowboy 02-25-2008 01:13 AM

Ok, I've been there a few times then, I don't believe I made it last year, I was thinking of taking my 460 up there, it would be a different sled to pull for once (big red) and it looks like they figured out how to set it for antique to. One year when they had it at Ulysses for an antique pull, they were droppin the pan like they do for trucks or bush pullers, so........ everyone came within inches of each other. Next time I caught it about 4 or 5 years later was at Arlington and they had it set real nice.

150ford 02-25-2008 01:27 AM

Yeh that would be a good idea. Thats a great pull. There track is erxcellent for pulling. Theres not much different length between the first on down to the last place tractor. They do it right for sure. It would be a good test for your tractor. Is your 460 a diesel. Love to come an see you pull.

Redneck-Cowboy 02-25-2008 02:07 AM

Yeah it's a diesel (don't expect anything special, it pulls 10x better then it looks), I hit a lot of pulls around here if I can, this year I'll prolly venture out even further so that every sunday afternoon I'll be throwing weights. Arlington is quite a ways from here, but it's doable, it just sucks that it's on a weekday, people gotta work.