Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   2004 F150 Door Keypad Reset (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/709845-2004-f150-door-keypad-reset.html)

Bentley07 02-19-2008 04:03 PM

2004 F150 Door Keypad Reset

I recently purchased a 2004 F150 Supercrew and I would like to find the door access code, but I do not have the card that was supposedely placed in the truck when it was manufactured, and ideas on how I might find out that code without taking it to Ford and getting the shaft.

bigblock_drock 02-19-2008 04:59 PM

look in the owners manual, i dont personally know where it may say it, but if you have the owners manual itll be in there

Deluxe05 02-19-2008 05:09 PM

There are two entry numbers: the one programmed into the PCM (or wherever) at the factory and the custom code selected by you or the previous owner.

The factory code can be retrieved by a dealership, if you provide the VIN number. They will likely ask for proof of ownership of some type.

The custom code can be programmed at any time, and, as far as I know, there is no way to find out what number has been programmed.

In the (newer) Super Duties, there is a sticker with that factory code on the firewall behind the stereo. No idea if this is the same in the F150s.

mattd17 02-19-2008 05:24 PM

yes, you can get the factory code yourself.... but you must remove the back seat in order to get it. if your not familiar with how to do that, so a search for "rear seat removal".... there are a couple good posts whth pics too...
when you get the rear seat back rest out, you will have to pull out on the "lining" material they use.
you will find a sticker with the 5 digit code. the sticker is stuck to a control module of some sort on the driver side of the rear cab wall.....
once you know the factory code, then you can reset your own custom code.. the instructions are in the owners manual.

FTE Trigger 02-19-2008 05:30 PM

Provided that no one has changed the code. You can either...
1. Pull off the rear seat to find the KEM
Seek instructions here:https://www.ford-trucks.com/article/...2008_F150.html
and locate the sticker w/the code on the KEM.

Or....

2. As Deluxe mentioned- seek the help of a Ford shop (with vin and proof of ownership in-tow) and have the code pulled.

If you purchased this pre-owned vehicle from a Ford dealer, they may do this at no charge. Otherwise you may have to do some negotiating to get a different selling dealer to give in... for 50% or the full 100% of the service fee. Good Luck... and Welcome to FTE!!:-wink

silver05fx4 02-19-2008 06:19 PM

i had to remove my rear seat to get my code ..dealer want 65 bucks to do it ...and the factory code is always the stays even if changed by last owner

Twinsdad98 02-19-2008 07:48 PM

Silver05 is correct. The factory code is hard programmed into the module and can't be changed. You will be able to set a code that can be changed, but the factory code always works regardless of the other code.

Bentley07 02-19-2008 08:21 PM

Hey thanks alot for that info. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but do plan on trying it tomorrow. Any good ideas on where i can find out to program my personal #'s in the truck.

Thanks again

mattd17 02-19-2008 08:49 PM

its very easy.... just enter your factory code, and within 5 seconds,
press the 1*2 button......

then, enter the new 5 digit code (each button must be pressed within 5 seconds of the last).....

after the new code has been entered, your locks will cycle confirming that it is set.

on another note, if you want to erase the previously set code and just use the factory code, then you can.....

enter the factory code.....

within 5 seconds, press the 1*2 button.....

then, press and hold the 1*2 button for 2 seconds.....

then, only the factory code will work.

birdbrain9291 03-16-2008 08:27 AM

"Thanks to everyone" sounds like a "Plan to get started on" I'll let You All know later if I destroyed anything, generally something that should take most people a few minutes runs into hours for Me. But there is always the satisfaction of "Gettering er done" Pat. P. E. Peo. Ill.

1rosario 03-20-2008 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by birdbrain9291
"Thanks to everyone" sounds like a "Plan to get started on" I'll let You All know later if I destroyed anything, generally something that should take most people a few minutes runs into hours for Me. But there is always the satisfaction of "Gettering er done" Pat. P. E. Peo. Ill.

Hey, were you able to get that code? I just bought an '06 and need to do that to get my code.
If you did it, any pointers?
thx!

birdbrain9291 03-21-2008 07:24 AM

Yes, I got it (the factory code & our personal code) set in now. I tusscled with the back seat and couldn't get it loose. My Wife called the Ford Dealer and explained the deal and they had Me take it in and they brought up the factory code by plugging it in & then I came home and followed instructions and got our's set. By the way they didn't charge for getting it for Us. Good Luck Pat. P.

maverick1970 11-21-2009 05:00 PM

I bought my truck used this passed week and wanted to say thanks, because when I bought it, the used dealer didn't have the code for the door. I was a bit bummed out. He told me that the dealer could do it, but there was no way I was going to pay $80. I following the instructions in this thread and it worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch guys!!! Oh, and getting the rear seat back off wasn't that bad at all.

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 5.4L Triton
Black exterior and interior

shellyfordgirl 10-01-2014 07:53 PM

2004 used f150 keypad lock code

Everyone says remove the back seat. I don't have a backseat. Behind the carpet? Also my paperwork gives a 1 and 2 digit code to lock/unlock. Is that right? Please help. Two buttons to unlock my doors seems unsafe. I know she's 10 years old but I just got her. I love her! Had a 1994 for 14 years! Thanks in advance! :-huh