Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   wheeling spots (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/705869-wheeling-spots.html)

harrisford 02-09-2008 09:53 PM

wheeling spots

wheeling spots

Secret Agent 069 02-09-2008 10:42 PM

I would venture to say a double post, except that this one, is slightly different than the first... Too many wobbly pops tonight before posting huh... :D

Have you asked this question at Funinbc.com?

preppypyro 02-10-2008 07:25 AM

The service roads by chilliwack are pretty good. You wont find the kind of wheeling you had up north though unfortunatly.

Secret Agent 069 02-10-2008 12:13 PM

Stave Lake, Harrison Lake, Chilliwack Lake (Back side), Hope/Agony, Derosche, Mission.... How far do you want to travel....

harrisford 02-10-2008 09:41 PM

im looking for like weekend wheeling or after work as stress relief. just finished putting a second alternator in my truck. that adds up to almost $450 in two weeks so i think im gonna have to keep my truck dry for a while.

sedly 02-10-2008 09:41 PM

I like heading North in behind Shuswap Lake.Seymour Arm area.Lot's of country back there,and it offer's every kind of off roading you want.And ton's of camping as well.

Secret Agent 069 02-10-2008 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by harrisford
im looking for like weekend wheeling or after work as stress relief. just finished putting a second alternator in my truck. that adds up to almost $450 in two weeks so i think im gonna have to keep my truck dry for a while.

Stick to paved road then. Because anything this time of year is going to be mud &/or Snow.. Second Alt? then the problem probably isnt the alt, it is probably a short somewhere, causing yoru alternator to burn out.

What is your truck?

harrisford 02-10-2008 10:56 PM

I have a '92 F250 with a 7.5. im pretty sure its cause of the water. i put a dixie from premium in a couple weeks ago, and then i went boggin at the end of 64th on wednesday and the whole truck was covered. and then tonight the dixie died and i bought a rebuilt bosch from lordco, checked my grounds and wires leading from the alt. and everything seemed fine. unhooked the positive battery wire and the truck died. replace the alt and everything is fine. there was lots of mud under the hood so i just figured that it got soggy.

Secret Agent 069 02-10-2008 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by harrisford
I have a '92 F250 with a 7.5. im pretty sure its cause of the water. i put a dixie from premium in a couple weeks ago, and then i went boggin at the end of 64th on wednesday and the whole truck was covered. and then tonight the dixie died and i bought a rebuilt bosch from lordco, checked my grounds and wires leading from the alt. and everything seemed fine. unhooked the positive battery wire and the truck died. replace the alt and everything is fine. there was lots of mud under the hood so i just figured that it got soggy.

That should not kill an Alternator that quickly. I usually buy mine from Pick a Part in chilliwack.. Bosche shouldn't let you down, LordCo is pretty good about replacing it if it does crap out..

I would still suggest you checking out FuninBC.com or BB.BC4x4.com both are dedicated to Offroading in BC, primarily the LML.