Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   Wrenchin' spot in eastern MA (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/703786-wrenchin-spot-in-eastern-ma.html)

c4barnes 02-04-2008 08:02 PM

Wrenchin' spot in eastern MA

Hey gang -

Does anyone rent or know of any shop space to rent for reasonably cheap? I'm not sure Mrs. Landlord is going to take too kindly to the homely girl I'm about to bring home & would ideally like to find a reasonable place to keep her while I make her presentable. I'm in Newton, so anywhere west of Boston would work. My guess is no, but thought I'd post anyway.

Thanks!

cdrmotorsports 02-05-2008 06:59 PM

I'll keep my eye out for you. I'm always stumbling into things like that. It usually ends with me saying "man I could get me a sweet project" but then reality hits. Haha

c4barnes 02-05-2008 07:21 PM

lol - reality is hitting now that I have just gotten into one of those projects.

Thanks for the help.

thedaddycat 02-05-2008 11:20 PM

Try one of those "U store it" places, they can sometimes have decent size spaces though probably no heat or lights.

cdrmotorsports 02-07-2008 03:14 PM

Yeah, maybe a Uhaul or something like that. There are a lot more spots that have more of a garage space now that just rental rooms.

BIGKEN 02-07-2008 04:31 PM

Pictures...this thread is worthless without pictures!!! Before...during...and after!!!

c4barnes 02-07-2008 09:06 PM

Yeah, maybe a Uhaul or something like that. There are a lot more spots that have more of a garage space now that just rental rooms.
Running into a lot of promising ads that end with "Storage Only!!!!!" They seem to know I'm coming.

Pictures...this thread is worthless without pictures!!! Before...during...and after!!!
Of the truck? Sure, once I finally get it home! It's currently in New Castle, DE, where I dumped it last Fri. in the face of the storm for a set of tires and a lookover. 4x2 + bald tires + God knows what gremlins + NJ Turnpike + storm = I'm a wuss. Of course, we didn't make it much past Trenton before the Amtrak we boarded broke down... :rolleyes:

c4barnes 04-01-2008 09:40 AM

Thought I'd give this a bump in case anyone has stumbled into something. Need electric and I'm guessing those storage places have very specific opinions about clients grinding away on steel, etc. on their premises.

donjamer 04-01-2008 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by c4barnes (Post 5979007)
Thought I'd give this a bump in case anyone has stumbled into something. Need electric and I'm guessing those storage places have very specific opinions about clients grinding away on steel, etc. on their premises.

I didn't see this before..

I would keep an eye on craigslist..

boston parking & storage classifieds - craigslist

There are a bunch in Newton..

c4barnes 04-01-2008 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by donjamer (Post 5979435)
I didn't see this before..

I would keep an eye on craigslist..

boston parking & storage classifieds - craigslist

That's where I started, but around here they're always VERY explicit about storage only, no working on your cars. They have a ton of commercial space but for prices that are prohibitve to a single hobbyist. Need to find like 10 like-mided people and just find a proper space without all the residential hassle, but of course that's easier said than done. However, I did know a bunch of Subaru enthusiasts who did just that in NJ.