Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   New Idea 4" or 6"? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/702207-new-idea-4-or-6-a.html)

ech0sh4y 01-31-2008 05:37 PM

New Idea 4" or 6"?

Hey guys... i was doing some diggin on the supercharger for my 05 but i don't think i'll end up going that route cause of driveline stuff that you have to worry about. Well at least from what I read... So now for the lift kit! I have 35's on the truck with 2.5 leve but tis not big enough for me =( I've had 6" lift but this truck is going to be my DD.. Just wanting some opinions and/or pics?

FTE Ken 01-31-2008 05:38 PM

What driveline stuff are you referring to?

ech0sh4y 01-31-2008 05:47 PM

Well i heard that you have to worry about the tranny, ujoints, and rear diff stuff with the extra troque that is applied.

ech0sh4y 02-10-2008 08:27 PM

Has anyone else worried about this?

4DOORSR 02-11-2008 05:37 AM

Go lift! I want a 6" on 37's!! Ride quality will suffer a bit like most suspension lifts, but it's a good trade off IMO.

Kusto 02-21-2008 08:59 PM

BUMP....need more info.

ech0sh4y 02-21-2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kusto
BUMP....need more info.

Anything specific?

Kusto 02-21-2008 10:02 PM

Yeah,

I've been reading that there may be issues with the CV joints because of the lifts, is this true?

Is there one lift that is any better than the other as far as quality and price? I am looking at a fabtech 6" does anyone have any experience with these?

Anyone running 35" on 18" rims and how do they look?

Blackstock 02-21-2008 11:03 PM

Yeah,

I've been reading that there may be issues with the CV joints because of the lifts, is this true?

Is there one lift that is any better than the other as far as quality and price? I am looking at a fabtech 6" does anyone have any experience with these?

We have built a lot of Superduties and F150's with the Fabtech 6 inch lifts. No concerns at all. The wider tires and off set rims will put more stress but the issues have been few and far between. We have lots on our gallery at www.monstertrucksale.com but mostly with 20x35's

Tylus 02-22-2008 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by ech0sh4y
Well i heard that you have to worry about the tranny, ujoints, and rear diff stuff with the extra troque that is applied.

the only real issue I've heard of was a driveshaft twisting in half. but that guy had also bumped the boost and was running drag slicks at a 1/4 mile track...he saw it coming, but had to try it anyways. on a happy note, Rousch replaced his driveshaft for free

the stock drivetrain can hold the extra HP a S/C adds. obviously it will break if you run it hard day in/day out...but the regular Joe Schmoe is unlikely to see any issues. There is a reason that Rousch is willing to replace the 3yr/36k powertrain warranty. the F-150 is pretending to be a 3/4 ton...so everything is beefier

as for lifts...I recommend BDS. they guarantee the suspension for the time you own the vehicle. anything breaks, they'll replace it free of charge no questions asked. Superlift has questionable quality in their other (earlier) kits.

Sarge261 02-22-2008 08:20 AM

I would not hesitate to put a Roush Charger on my truck. Infact as soon as I make the last loan payment check next year I am going to do it...if I still have the truck.

Sarge :-X07

Kusto 02-22-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Blackstock
We have built a lot of Superduties and F150's with the Fabtech 6 inch lifts. No concerns at all. The wider tires and off set rims will put more stress but the issues have been few and far between. We have lots on our gallery at www.monstertrucksale.com but mostly with 20x35's

Jim, I have been talking to Randy regarding a new Screw FX6 KR. I just wanted to confirm the quality of teh fabtech lift and see if anyone is seeing any issues with that particular brand of lift.

bememe 02-22-2008 05:44 PM

I think the 35"s are just too big for a 4" lift. They will fit but on my 08 the bumper plastic trim would have too be trimmed. Don't know about rubbing etc. IMO go with the 6" if you're keeping the 35's. Can't believe you don't have issues with just a 2.5 level kit. Check my gallery for pix of Rancho 4" lift & 33's.

champaroo 02-23-2008 10:41 AM

Yeah,

i am doing a 6'' pro comp stage 2 lift ive heard good things about ride quality since it has the front coilovers and rear resavoirs. im doing 35s on 18s ill show you pics when i mount them this week

Kusto 02-23-2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by champaroo
i am doing a 6'' pro comp stage 2 lift ive heard good things about ride quality since it has the front coilovers and rear resavoirs. im doing 35s on 18s ill show you pics when i mount them this week

Thanks Champaroo. Let me know if you have any serious issues with power loss and fuel economy. I know there will be some but just curious if its major. I think the larger rims (even 20's) would be easier on the truck because the aluminum would result in less rotating mass than the higher side wall rubber.

What engine and gears are you running?

Can't wait to see it.