Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Ford Superduty vs Chevy HD (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/688508-ford-superduty-vs-chevy-hd.html)

150ford 12-27-2007 04:27 AM

Ford Superduty vs Chevy HD

What are you guys on the 08 Superduty vs the 08 Chevy HD. As far as looks I think the Superduty wins handily there. Interior room an build quality Ford wins again. Engine choices to early to make a call on that one. Looks like GM finally got smart an put on SD towing mirrors on theres rather then the stupid car mirrors they used to have. Well I guess if you cant beet then join them. Ok guys opinions please. Hopefully will have owners off both chime in on this one. Im going to leave Dodge out off this one because Im still not impressed by what they have.

Monsta 12-27-2007 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by 150ford
Im going to leave Dodge out off this one because Im still not impressed by what they have.

That's silly. The new 6.7L is a monster engine, the axles are huge, the tranny is a 6-speed, the interior (Mega-cab) is gianormous, integrated exhaust brake...blah blah blah. It's a nice truck and the PSD can't seem to match most of its performance credentials.

Read the shoot-out. www.pickuptruck.com

thorseshoeing 12-27-2007 06:39 AM

If I was buying a new truck today, it would be netween a Dodge 3500 and GMC 3500...Can you still get a manual transmission in the Chevy/GMC???

Tim :-wink

Turbokid15 12-27-2007 10:38 AM

Yes you still can get a straight drive in a cheby.

CA55F100 12-27-2007 08:13 PM

IF you get a Chevy, don't get the 6.0. It's a turd and the tranny can't pick a gear. We have an 07 NBS at work and the guys take the older Chevies over it.

I drive an 08 1/2 ton Chevy and love it, but the 3/4 is a dog.

thorseshoeing 12-27-2007 08:17 PM

I said if I was buying today...My 05 250's got a few more years in it...hopefully Ford will have something I like by then...Whatever it is will be a diesel...

Trevor1 12-27-2007 08:35 PM

the allison 6 speed automatic is the only transmission that comes behind the duramax

builtfordtough13 12-27-2007 09:00 PM

If you look on the 6.4L section there are very few problems, and mostly fuel mileage concerns, but from what I have read there mileage is only getting higher the more mileage they get on it. As far as mirrors go the Chevy is still behind the superduty. Overall I would go to a dealership and drive both, compare the specs of the trucks your looking at and the price and then make your decsion. If I were to buy a truck tommarrow I would buy an 08 F-250 CC V-10 because the diesel option is expensive and uneeded for me.

DMAX-HD 12-29-2007 01:18 PM

I've got an Chevy HD with the new body style and D/A. I like it. I liked the new Ford SD as well - although I wouldn't touch a 6.4 If I got the Super Duty I'd get it with the v10. I really can't see any benefits of Fords diesel offering over their gas motor.

If you go to the 6.4 forum it all about the 'truck' very few positive comments about the actual motor itself. I had an 02 Chevy HD with 160k on it with no problems other then having to replace some tailgate hinges.

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl 12-29-2007 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by DMAX-HD
I've got an Chevy HD with the new body style and D/A. I like it. I liked the new Ford SD as well - although I wouldn't touch a 6.4 If I got the Super Duty I'd get it with the v10. I really can't see any benefits of Fords diesel offering over their gas motor.

If you go to the 6.4 forum it all about the 'truck' very few positive comments about the actual motor itself. I had an 02 Chevy HD with 160k on it with no problems other then having to replace some tailgate hinges.

Thats becuase the only poeple who start threads on how AWSOME these trucks are, are usualy ones who have been here a while. Think about it, when you just got your truck and wernt a member of any forum, your not gona go find one on the internet out of the blue to post how awsome it is. If you are ever looking for one its because you have questions or problems with it. That is why you see way more negative post than positive ones. Go look on a chevy or dodge forum I gurantee there is just as much if not more threads on them than there is here about problems with these trucks.

cleatus12r 12-29-2007 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Monsta
the interior (Mega-cab) is gianormous,

Yeah, if you don't need to tow a gooseneck trailer...... Oops!! I just shattered my back window and crunched the cab corners because the front part of the box (in front of the rear wheels) is rediculously short.

Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
Can you still get a manual transmission in the Chevy/GMC???

Nope. You get an Allison 6 speed behind the D-max and a 6L90 behind the 6.0L ONLY. Keep in mind that these trannies are only in the "HD" (yeah right) trucks.

DMAX-HD 12-29-2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
. Go look on a chevy or dodge forum I gurantee there is just as much if not more threads on them than there is here about problems with these trucks.

I am right now - I'm just not seeing as many. Never said the SD was a bad truck.
If you can give me some good reason why the 6.4 is better then the V10 I'll prolly buy it I just haven't seen any.

thorseshoeing 12-29-2007 07:56 PM

What kind of mileage do you get with your truck DMAX? Do you have any idea what a 3500 dually gets? That will be a big deciding factor on my next truck...

And before anybody says "You don't buy a truck for mileage"...If you make your living out of your truck, mileage does come into play...

rsylvstr 12-29-2007 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
What kind of mileage do you get with your truck DMAX? Do you have any idea what a 3500 dually gets? That will be a big deciding factor on my next truck...

And before anybody says "You don't buy a truck for mileage"...If you make your living out of your truck, mileage does come into play...

It's OK tim....we know you need a truck to keep your goat with you!

thorseshoeing 12-29-2007 08:02 PM

You didn't have to tell everryone did you??? :-D