Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Escape & Escape Hybrid (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum36/)
-   -   No power to radio! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/683717-no-power-to-radio.html)

fordjockey 12-12-2007 12:30 AM

No power to radio!

I recently installed a remote starter in my wifes 01 escape. The radio quit two days later, so i pulled out a wiring diagram and i have constant power (Memory) but no power for fused ignition. The 5 amp fuse Yellow/black wire. fuse is good. tested for continuity from radio plug in to fuse box was good. where do I go from there? any help would be appreciated. P.S. I was afraid It was something I did while installing the remote starter, but it works perfectly I also disconnected it and checked but no change.

Nitramjr 12-12-2007 05:59 AM

Did you check that the radio is grounded? Also check to see if maybe one of the plug connections has a loose wire. Check to see if the wire going into the radio is actually hot - do this by piercing the wire. This way you can tell if the radio is actually getting power.

Then there is also the possibility that the radio got fried.

Hopefully something minor though.

dbroad 12-12-2007 04:32 PM

oops posted twice

dbroad 12-12-2007 04:42 PM

I also have a similar problem on my 02 Tribute , my battery went dead out of the blue . When I hooked up the jumper cables I stupidly connected backwards for a split second ( sparks ).Now my radio is dead , dome lights dont work , door locks dont work with the key off and remotes dont work at all .Everything else is ok .All the fuses are good.....can anyone help ? dave

fordjockey 12-13-2007 10:31 AM

dbroad, Fixed my problem broken wire to accesory relay! I Looked at the Chilton wiring diagram and from what I see The only common Thing all of Your electrical Gremlins share is the GEM generic electronic module except for the radio, But the Tribute has a microprocessor for the radio that is tied to the GEM. It may be possible the reverse voltage damaged Your GEM but I wouldnt Jump to any drastic conclusions. Go buy Yourself a Chiltons repair manual for Your vehicle. They have wiring diagrams, not the most specific but better than going in blind. Be sure to use a computer safe test light when doing Your diagnostic tests. Good Luck also Thanks to all for the advice and ideas its good to have a place to get help!

sfcwoodret 12-13-2007 01:31 PM

Glad to hear.

dbroad 12-15-2007 11:29 AM

fordjockey...thanks for the tips , glad you fixed your problem ,I will check out the GEM .....dbroad

Butch91 01-02-2011 02:41 PM

Hey guys, having the same issue... Alternator went out on my 2002 Escape 4 cylinder 4wd, and after replacing it the radio and interior dome lights won't come on... Also, same as described by the OP, the power locks only work when the key is in the ON position.

I'll look for this "GEM" and see if it looks bad... Is it something that can be purchased at Advance Auto or AutoZone, or is this going to be a dealership part? Is it fixable?

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks!

96ford13 01-02-2011 07:03 PM

dealership will fix it under warrenty

96ford13 01-02-2011 07:03 PM

sorry warranty

Butch91 01-03-2011 08:21 AM

Really? Why would they cover this fix? What exactly is it that happens?

Escape # 1 07-25-2012 12:37 PM

Ignition Wire Bundle

Where can I get a wiring diagram for the 01 escape.

Like a jerk, when I got out of the Escape, my foot ripped the ignition harness that was hanging a bit too far down. Notining broken, just pulled all five wires out of the plastic harness, don't know which slots to put them back in.

This appears to be a dead end harness....just wires into a plastic loop, no downstream wires....so I have no way to match up red to red, green to green etc.

thanx

Dan with big feet.