Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   SnowDay! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/683043-snowday.html)

bigblock_drock 12-10-2007 07:43 AM

SnowDay!

its not even christmas and we have our 1st snowday. and its not even snowing, its raining. well actually freezing rain. my driveway is complete ice! haha its awesome :)

how about you guys, have any snowdays yet?

weeds 12-10-2007 08:41 AM

grumble grumble...moan...grumble
HOPE YOU HAVE FUN! :mad:
grumble grumble

But no, no snowdays for me! Instead, my boss came down on me today for being 5 minutes late because I had to shave 1/4" of ice off my truck, so I'm not in the best of moods right now.

So, uh, enjoy it while it lasts, haha!:-D

godblessmud 12-10-2007 02:27 PM

Nope nothing so far, even though its snowed, iced, flooded, and winded (?)
we are so used to that type of weather that it takes alot to call it off.

Plums72 12-10-2007 11:26 PM

*sigh* livin in the south...

haha snow day haha, haha im rolling:rolleyes: i live in South Carolina, usually its actually pretty cold this time of year but NO! friggin 80 degrees!!!! i could have worn shorts today!!!!

48' fordster 12-11-2007 09:28 PM

Hell ya boy!!! I have had one, in nothern MA. It was cool... went skiing all day!!

herman391 12-11-2007 09:38 PM

The people who are actually enrolled in school here had one on monday. But since I'm a bum that isn't in school and doesn't have a clue what to do in life I didn't get one because I get one every day :-D

slinger34 12-12-2007 09:36 AM

For some reason my college won't give snowdays because some stuck up parents years ago wanted there money refunded for that lost day. And because it is a state school if we have more days off then what we are supposed to get we dont receive funding.

ididntdoit99 12-12-2007 09:47 PM

no snowdays at work... wish we did.

godblessmud 12-13-2007 12:37 AM

Haha same here, im having quite a few flood days at work, its hard to get much done when the farm is under water...

weeds 12-13-2007 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by slinger34
For some reason my college won't give snowdays because some stuck up parents years ago wanted there money refunded for that lost day. And because it is a state school if we have more days off then what we are supposed to get we dont receive funding.

My college never actually calls days off, but the professors will send out a mass email in the morning and cancel classes if it's necessary. I guess this kinda makes everybody happy-school counts it as a regular day, professor gets a day off work, and me & my buddies get to go out and see how many dumb things we can do before somebody breaks a leg. :-X14

Crazed1122 12-13-2007 06:19 PM

I got to school today, within 15 minutes they told us we would be leaving by 9 30, kind of a waste of a day.

Howd you all do on those roads, i know i hit some ice climbing the hill to my house.

TimMcGraw67 12-17-2007 09:01 PM

I have never heard of snow days for work, (I Lied) I have gotten Rain Days off work As A Field Mechanic due to equipment damage potential. I live in WY and Snow is finally melting... It has been stuck to the ground for atleast 3 weeks. Last it snowed was last week here.

Fuzzydicerule 12-18-2007 11:55 PM

hasnt snowed here in 50 years, its not going to start now, although i wouldnt mind

Iversen-fords 12-19-2007 02:10 PM

Are school cancel school unless the snow is up to the waist of are supernetient who 6'9. So we don't see to many snow days. We have seen days off for freezing rain for the last 2 years in a row.

Crazed1122 12-20-2007 03:57 PM

Speaking of freezing rain, i just got my power back after 5 days because of freezing rain, wind, and a downed pole in the middle of my neighbors farm. it took them 7 hours to get everything they needed to get into the farm, get out the old pole, put the new one in, oh by the way it was in the middle of a swamp, go figure.