Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   2000 ford excursion SLOW WINDOW!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/681957-2000-ford-excursion-slow-window.html)

Daviddc114 12-06-2007 11:27 PM

2000 ford excursion SLOW WINDOW!!

Hey, my driver window is VERY slow up and down, sometimes the window stops midway thinking it is hitting something because it is straining do hard, is this the motor dieing, or does the window need to be greesed????

Monsta 12-07-2007 12:24 AM

Yeah...try smearing grease on your window first. :-X10

Seriously, it could be a worn regulator or a bad motor. Either way you gotta pull it part to check it out.

BTW, no amount of grease will "fix" it. :-X22

i eat hybrids 12-07-2007 12:33 AM

Id say ur window motor is on its way out.

1buzzbait 12-07-2007 05:44 AM

git sum aqua-lube and spray it (lightly) in the window runs (all)

BAJI26 12-07-2007 10:47 AM

I've had this problem on both fronts for along time and I prayed alot silicon grease and poured some motor oil down in there and its been good for about 6 month so far.

1buzzbait 12-07-2007 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by BAJI26
I've had this problem on both fronts for along time and I prayed alot silicon grease and poured some motor oil down in there and its been good for about 6 month so far.

---- :-X22-----OH!! OK!!

mohrds 12-07-2007 11:29 AM

If it is not a lubrication problem, then there is something coming loose on the regulator that is allowing for the sliders to twist in the channel and creating a lot more drag. If that is the case, you will most likely have to replace the regulator. I've tried on other cars to tighten up the regulator joints with some welding, reinforcements, etc. and had less than stellar results. I'm getting ready to replace my front passenger regulator next spring as it is taking about twice as long to roll up as the other windows.

The great thing about these trucks is that it is so easy to open up the door. Easier than any other car I have owned. It's no problem to open up the door, clean & lobe and put back together in a few minutes.

Don't wait to long because you will shorten the life of your power window motor.

i eat hybrids 12-07-2007 12:50 PM

So alls u have to do is remove ur door panel? How hard is it to find the regulater?

Bill4Kath 12-07-2007 01:10 PM

My wife just emailed me that the drivers window doesn't go up anymore. It's been working slowly in the past month. Oh yeah, the temperature here is about 30 degrees F. I know what I have to do this weekend.

mohrds 12-07-2007 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
So alls u have to do is remove ur door panel? How hard is it to find the regulater?

I don't remember for the front doors, but the back doors have two screws. One under the reflector and the other under the window switch cover. Then you just slide the whole panel up and it comes right off. Then remove the speaker and carefully peel off the soundproofing. You'll then see where everything is and what needs to be oiled.

The fronts may have a third screw, but I'm sure there is one behind the courtesy light/reflector.

i eat hybrids 12-07-2007 02:07 PM

I know how to remove it. Is the regulater hard to find though?

Bill4Kath 12-08-2007 10:55 AM

I pulled the motor out and plugged the wires back in to see how it works. Well, it only goes down. When I hit the switch to make it go back up, it doesn't work. Would it possibly be the switch?

Daviddc114 12-08-2007 11:55 AM

you have to test the lead with a mulimeter to see if the switch is sending the signal both ways.. it could be the switch but i bet its the motor fried.. i am going to pull mine apart tonight to see if it just needs to be greesed.. ill let everyone know what my issue is..

Bill4Kath 12-09-2007 08:55 AM

My problem was the switch. When I took it apart there were burn marks on half of the contacts. Just to make sure, I swapped the motor out with the back door and it worked just fine. I did check the switch with the multimeter as well. It only gave a reading when I pushed the switch down. So I definately knew it was a bad switch. There goes $80...Thanks for the advice!

Daviddc114 12-09-2007 10:43 AM

before you drop 80 try this site www.car-part.com this site will check all your local salvage yards for any parts you need.. let us know what you find