Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   how's your hunting going? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/680942-hows-your-hunting-going.html)

RnMEtt7500 12-04-2007 11:34 AM

how's your hunting going?

just wondering how all you hunters out there are doing this year? I did pretty good so far. 1 with my truck, 1 with sisters satern veiw and a nice 8 pnt. buck with rifle. pictures soon I hope

2000silverbullet 12-04-2007 11:49 AM

Haven't even gone yet. I was supposed to go last weekend but got canceled. Heading up this weekend, might have better luck with my truck though...

lostin90s 12-04-2007 07:15 PM

Well everyone I know (the serious ones have got em)

But for guys not seeing deer they r geting them here. So far

RnMEtt7500 12-06-2007 05:16 PM

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...170075.520.390best of luck to you all, I know there out there i seen 7 on saterday off RT 74 perry/juniata boarder.

2000silverbullet 12-10-2007 04:03 PM

Well, I ended up going to 2D and was in a crappy spot (buddy's suggestions), and needless to say, saw nothing worthy... I have a camp up in Potter county and am gonna take a few days next year to get one up there. I need to spruce up my rifle a bit too. I'm using an old M91/30 (Russian Mosin-Nagant) that feels like it weighs more than my 10 year old does... New stock and scope are on the horizon!

RnMEtt7500 12-11-2007 11:17 AM

Wow an m91, I've only seen pictures of one. I myself like my remington pump .3006 I love my model #760 but this year I used a model #7600 just a newer version. I was gonna take marlin W36 30/30 but didn't get a scope for it.

2000silverbullet 12-11-2007 11:29 AM

I'm only good with it (iron sights, no scope) up to about 75-100 yards, beyond that, forget it. It's a great gun, paid $85 for it when I was out in AZ (these guns are a dime a dozen). All the serial numbers match on it too, kinda rare as alot of these are in rough/bad condition and have to be pieced together.

My buddy has a new remi .3006, very nice looking rifle. So new and clean he hates to brush up against anything with it!

06SUPERDTY5.4 12-11-2007 01:06 PM

well i went out the first 2 days and saw only 2 deer in my area (berks county) and i hit the one doe good and didnt find her. hard to believe that she ran after being hit by a Marlin .444.... went back out the first saturday and had a herd of 8 doe come up to me but didnt shoot one... here in 5c we have until the end of january for doe season.. they are definatly trying to eliminate the deer herd here...

oldfart 12-16-2007 05:43 AM

Well fellers I ain't posted in a while but thought I'd jump in here. Opening day of early muzzleloader season found me surrounded by 14 doe..some only 3ft. away! I had to wait till they moved off a bit and whacked one. Went yonder and tagged it and walked back to my spot and another one walked out. Whacked that one to! The upside is the farmer needed this herd thinned out and I've got lots of meat. The downside is I can't shoot anything 'cept bucks in rifle season. Hmpf. Don't much care to eat bucks. Well Flintlock season is just around the corner. I'll try an get 1 more to to share with friends and family. Now I got a good photo of the deer and my truck. How do I post it? Ya'll be blessed this Christmas season. Audie..the oldfart..

2000silverbullet 12-16-2007 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by oldfart
Now I got a good photo of the deer and my truck. How do I post it? Ya'll be blessed this Christmas season. Audie..the oldfart..

Go to Quick Links on the top right of the page, then Edit Options, then Edit Gallery. You can upload it there, otherwise I think you can go to Advanced Post and just paste it in there.

oldfart 12-17-2007 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
Go to Quick Links on the top right of the page, then Edit Options, then Edit Gallery. You can upload it there, otherwise I think you can go to Advanced Post and just paste it in there.

Well Silver Bullet I went thru the steps and it doesn't work. Then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page I'm typing this on and it reads that "you may NOT add attachments. Hmmmm? I haven't found the Advanced Posts button yet. Mebbe I have to create a Gallery first and download the photo to there then snag it out'a there and bring it here. Hmmmm? Whyinthenameofbejabbers wouldn't they just have a "Add Attachments" button right here? Wagh! Go figger. Someday when I have some free time I'll work on it. Audie...the dumb oldfart..