Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum43/)
-   -   Fair price for a 1961 Econoline Pickup for sale (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/676086-fair-price-for-a-1961-econoline-pickup-for-sale.html)

bigorangevol 11-19-2007 10:05 PM

Fair price for a 1961 Econoline Pickup for sale

I was wondering what a fair price to ask for a 3 window 1961 Econoline Pickup would be in SC. Here is a brief description of the good and bad. Good non rusted tail gate and overall body in good shape. Only rusted out spots are the drivers side rear quarter about the size of a baseball and the bed against the cab has a line about a 1/4 inch high. The entire truck is mostly still original. Has the original 144 motor. The following has been replaced. Entire brake system from Master cylinder to wheel cylinders to brakes and the brake line and hoses. Gas tank has been resealed and new sending unit. New water pump Radiator and generator was changed to alternator. The seats have been recovered. Ford ranger rims with decent tires. The truck has been driven until a couple of days ago. The truck today decided not to crank and have to jump the starter selenoid to get it to crank (believe ignition switch)The truck seems to want to over heat if you go more than 7-10 miles. Changed thermostat but still no flow when it warms up ? Eventually transmission will need a clutch. It will slip in 2nd and 3rd a little bit.This is all I know. It is a definate good project vehicle but have a new little baby on the way so time is becoming a premium. Any info is appreciated.

bigorangevol 12-02-2007 08:17 AM

Found out that Advance gave me the wrong themastat so the correct thermastat fixed overheating and new ignition switch fixed starting problem. Would a starting price of 2500 or B/O be a fair price for this vehicle?

66gpw 12-03-2007 07:59 PM

That price sound reasonable to me. If it still needs to be restored. Seen some trucks on Ebay going for $7000 but they were modified and had V8's and new paint. Basically they were done from soupto nuts. Those guys never got what they put into those trucks.
$2500.00 for your truck that needs body work done and you gav eit a good start to restore with brakes all done., But it probally needs new door and glass seals yet. So I beleive you are in the market.

bigorangevol 12-03-2007 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info.

Bruce in Iowa 02-27-2008 11:56 AM

Price for your Econoline

I just sold my 1961 Econoline pick up. Very rare early model but you could get in it and drive it. Needs a little rust repair along the sides and at the rear. Bed solid, original interior. 13" wheels. Tail gate included. Brakes weak. Excellent restoration candidate and this is an October 1960 production truck. It brought $800 on eBay if that gives you some idea. Reality is - ask what you want but if you want to sell it, put it on eBay or somewhere like that and you'll find out real quick what the market will stand. Good luck ........ Bruce in Iowa

harrysc 07-05-2008 11:34 PM

Econoline in SC

I am in upstate SC. Still have this truck? What have you decided you want for it? Let me know maybe we can get together. Thanks

Bruce in Iowa 07-06-2008 08:56 AM

1961 Econoline sold........

Thanks for asking but the truck sold for $800. the new owner is driving it on a daily basis and is a happy camper! I do have some other early Ford trucks -50's - 80's - that are available. - Bruce in Iowa

harrysc 07-06-2008 11:56 AM

Sorry was asking bigorangevol how much for his econoline. New to this forum guess I did something wrong.

Bruce in Iowa 07-06-2008 12:09 PM

1961 Econoline

No problem. Maybe I misunderstood. BTW - there was an EC pickup on eBay this past week. It's still there. Item number: 320269747321. And there are still a couple more besides this one. Just search on Econoline pickup. I had to sell mine as I have 6 Hudson pickups that need to be finished. Good luck........ Bruce in Iowa

bigorangevol 07-22-2008 09:05 PM

I decided to keep the truck and have started investing more time and money into it. If you are still looking send me a PM with an email address or phone #. I have seen some listed in the upstate area. I am in Sparetanburg.

Jim Seipel 04-09-2012 06:38 PM

I have a '65 Econoline pickup I just acquired. It's complete...but hasn't run for awhile. I was going to ask $1500 for it on Craigslist. Is that out of line?

66gpw 04-09-2012 07:26 PM

If you can crank it and it is not seized. Depending on rust issues and glass rubber, steering. If complete 1500 is a decent starting point. But if it does not run. You maybe looking at 800-1000 for it.