Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   New England GTG's Idea (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/675123-new-england-gtgs-idea.html)

Towmanjbo 11-17-2007 11:17 AM

New England GTG's Idea

Let's see I was thinking maybe we'd get more people to the meets if they knew about them. I know, I know they were posted here in this section of the forum. But I was wondering if after it has been decided, where and when, they're could be a flash message across all forums. It could be a closed message directing the intrested people to our chapters section.
You don't know how many people I've talked to, in our area, who haven't known about our gtg's. Yes, you can blame them for not checking our chapter for news, but most don't. Most of us just check the responses for questions/answers we've posted, I'm included here.
Just a thought,
Justin

BIGKEN 11-17-2007 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Towmanjbo
Let's see I was thinking maybe we'd get more people to the meets if they knew about them. I know, I know they were posted here in this section of the forum. But I was wondering if after it has been decided, where and when, they're could be a flash message across all forums. It could be a closed message directing the intrested people to our chapters section.
You don't know how many people I've talked to, in our area, who haven't known about our gtg's. Yes, you can blame them for not checking our chapter for news, but most don't. Most of us just check the responses for questions/answers we've posted, I'm included here.
Just a thought,
Justin

Justin...very good suggestion...maybe someone can figure out how to put it into effect in time for our next GTG...damn...you guys from Connecticut aren't just pretty faces after all!!! :-X21

sglaine 11-17-2007 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Towmanjbo
Just a thought,
Justin

Justin I have brought this subject up before to all of the chapter leaders and I think I will address it soon and thanks for the heads up and thanks for reminding me

gray91 11-20-2007 04:33 AM

Sean I just had an idea RE those Spotter slips from the Nov GTG that we are to place on Ford trucks we see, maybe just modify them a bit -- put a line in about the NE Chapter. If they are curious they can start out with the full FTE site and then a reference to the chapter so if they like they can get in touch with and meet actual members in this area.. It can serve to put local faces on a big national forum.

Plus if they check out the chapter section they'll also see the GTG threads so they know just where and when they can best see some of those faces (Although we don't want to scare away new or potential members with certain un-named faces:-innocent ) .

Anyway, seems like it might add a personal touch to the overall FTE experience.