Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chapter Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum138/)
-   -   Why are some chapters more active than others.... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/673440-why-are-some-chapters-more-active-than-others.html)

Greywolf 11-12-2007 06:39 PM

Why are some chapters more active than others....

I don't know. In all of the years I have been with FTE, I still don't have an answer to that question.

Not one that is understandable in terms of what was done right or wrong.

Some places just don't seem to have people that post here, others do. And there is no rhyme or reason to it, apparently.

It is a thing I have not understood, and puzzles me to this day.

~Greywolf

helifixer 11-12-2007 06:44 PM

don't know for sure but I do check into the arizona chapter about once or twice a year to see if anything new is going on.

Greywolf 11-12-2007 06:47 PM

:-missingt "Once or twice a Year...."

yeah - ME ECHO YOU!!!!

So why don't you stir things up?

All it takes is a long wooden spoon carved outta mesquite....

helifixer 11-12-2007 06:52 PM

actually I look in there just about daily just kinda slow.

Mil1ion 11-12-2007 07:15 PM

Fall/Winter is usually busier than spring/summer.

Buckarcher 11-12-2007 07:20 PM

You know when you see a formation of geese flying and one line of the "V" is longer than the other? I could never figure out why until a wise old hunter explained it to me. It's cuz there are more geese in the longer line.

ATC Crazy 11-12-2007 09:46 PM

I check into the VA chapter about twice a month. There's maybe one or two new threads.

The other chapters are probably busier because there are more people in those areas...

jake00 11-12-2007 09:54 PM

good question

herman391 11-12-2007 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Buckarcher
You know when you see a formation of geese flying and one line of the "V" is longer than the other? I could never figure out why until a wise old hunter explained it to me. It's cuz there are more geese in the longer line.

As funny as that answer is, it's entirly acurate.

horsepuller 11-13-2007 12:15 AM

Moved from GC. I think this would be a great topic for General Chapter Discussion. Since it hasn't had a new post since August 21st. :rolleyes:

rbloodhound 11-13-2007 11:22 AM

Try to take charge and start posting. Try to stir things up. Thats what a few of us have done in the Louisiana chapter and it is starting to pick up. we have had 3 sucessful meets in the last few months. They have been small but it is a start. The longest walk always starts with the first step. We have a long way to go in the Louisiana chapter but we have already come a long way.

FTE Trigger 11-13-2007 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mil1ion
Fall/Winter is usually busier than spring/summer.

<--Speaks the truth! :D

...then there are the few that have had thier leadership kind-of slip between the cracks and disappear into lala land....
....Then you have the few newbies... (like mine) that are still squaring up to the newer/existing members and always trying to recruit more...

"Slow and Steady wins the Race"
:-X03

67nukeford 11-14-2007 01:45 PM

And speaking for this newbie, my #1 right now is recruiting. I know there are a bunch of people here from Nebraska, I just have to get ahold of them.:-tap

Greywolf 11-14-2007 02:53 PM

It seems sometimes like you have to find the button that activates a given areas "FUN METERS". Sometimes it's very hard to find...

Sometimes I've wondered if a deer hunting G2G would light up TN, but I'm just not set up for it.

67nukeford 11-14-2007 03:16 PM

I know they have truck/tractor pulls around here when it's warm, so I think I'll shoot for a g2g at one of those next year. A couple of the guys are pullers, so I should be able to get a few people there.