Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Spitzer is nuts.... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/664873-spitzer-is-nuts.html)

lenny1carl 10-19-2007 05:28 PM

Spitzer is nuts....

or am i wrong hating his new licence plan for illegals??
discuss....bash, praise, or like me throw a radio in the street when i heard of it.

dcf4x4 10-19-2007 06:44 PM

I'm with you. And then to cut funding to people who disagree with him... he's a fool and this is going to backfire on him. Big time.

Greywolf 10-19-2007 06:55 PM

Lemmee think here -

If I'm here illegally, and I find out I can get a license, my thoughts would then be:

1) If I get an illegal license, but get stopped in traffic, they are still going to send me back to wherever.

2) To get the license, in effect I am telling the government that I am here - even if I use someone elses address, and the boss would fire me for using HIS.

"No Senor, I think I like driving without one better...."

If the above is true for most illegals, and they are far from stupid, it couldn't work anyway from BOTH an illegal and anti-illegal viewpoint.

It's litigation down the toilet any way you slice it.

"So, Juan - are you going in to get your license?"

"Did you get yours, 'Mano?"

"I was waiting to see what happened to you..."

"In that case, I'm staying right here in my bush until it time for work en la manana."

tewferford 10-19-2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by lenny1carl
or am i wrong hating his new licence plan for illegals??
discuss....bash, praise, or like me throw a radio in the street when i heard of it.

You live closer than I do. If you want I will send some rounds your way.

lenny1carl 10-19-2007 07:07 PM

wolfie.. there will be no notification on the licence for the holder being illegal. a cop wouldn't know. also county clerks(DMV heads) were sent a letter telling them the Could not withhold "motor voter" applications from ANYONE holding a valid NYS licence.
on of my friends is Fulton Co. clerk and head of the county DMV. he has signed on to being 1 of many clerks in NY refusing to process licences without varifiable SS #'s.

Greywolf 10-19-2007 07:11 PM

And they don't detain them at the point of application? A Government office, no less....

"Hello, my name it is Jose and I would like to drive. It would be much better to live in a car than in the trees across the street from here..."

lenny1carl 10-19-2007 07:20 PM

no.. thats the whole point of my b*&^h. NO recourse.

ranger1999 Bob 10-19-2007 08:42 PM

well it seems noone bothers to detain them when they are applying for welfare and giving birth in the city hospitals i say that we the American public should just leave everything we have of value and just give it to the illegals cause the government is doing it maybe we can get a free ride in mexico or whatever other country we can sneak into
by the way welcome back lenny nice to see ya have internet again!

Greywolf 10-19-2007 08:50 PM

Funny - when I was FORCED to go get an SSI card while applying for a job a year or so ago, there was a policeman in the SSI waiting room.

It bugged me to begin with that you can't join the armed forces without it, and my military ID should have been proof enough.

But the ID number IS an SSI...

The phrase "CONFOUND IT!" was in my mind...

Is THAT the weakness in the entire thing? When we have opportunities to apprehend people we just SLEEP THROUGH it, like nothing could be done????

Here is a thought to inflame you - a worker at a DMV window to a cop in the waiting room says:

"That man is an illegal alien."
"I know, but I can't arrest him."

- Go think about that!

GLR 10-19-2007 09:25 PM

Last spring in NC police stopped a van full of illegals. The FEDS were "to busy" to do anything so they were let go. They were headed to Buffalo to find work. Now they can get a license... Maybe Hillary will do a better job............. or how about Bill for Gov?

ken75ranger 10-20-2007 05:41 AM

Spitzer is a little too full of himself. He acts more like a czar than a governor.

Greywolf 10-20-2007 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by GLR
Last spring in NC police stopped a van full of illegals. The FEDS were "to busy" to do anything so they were let go. They were headed to Buffalo to find work. Now they can get a license... Maybe Hillary will do a better job............. or how about Bill for Gov?

Screw it then - let's just take over Mexico and be done with it.
(He says, drily)

tewferford 10-20-2007 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf
Screw it then - let's just take over Mexico and be done with it.
(He says, drily)

Yeah!! Just make it another state and tax the crap outta them. Maybe they will go south instead of north.

Greywolf 10-20-2007 05:17 PM

I really wonder about that - let's pop open another thread to explore some possibilities.

Okay - here is the thread:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...ed-states.html

krewat 10-24-2007 04:09 PM

See my post in that new thread ;)