Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Jersey Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum143/)
-   -   NJ FTE - Autumn Meet and Greet - Nov 3rd - 07067 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/664249-nj-fte-autumn-meet-and-greet-nov-3rd-07067-a.html)

frederic 10-17-2007 04:46 PM

NJ FTE - Autumn Meet and Greet - Nov 3rd - 07067

Scheduled for Saturday, November 3rd, 2pm until "whenever".

Steve (Steve350) is the "host", even though the event will be at my house.

Instead of collecting cash at the door like last time, this is more of a "everyone bring something". I've added a field to the RSVP webpage for everyone to put what they're bringing. This hopefully will prevent the situation where we have 200lbs of salad and nothing to drink or grill :D

If you're not sure what to bring, standard BBQ food is of course welcome. Burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, etc. My wife *may* make pulled pork again however that depends on my getting various projects done a few days ahead of time so I can watch our son while she makes it.

The RSVP page (and directions) are here:
http://www.woodbridgedata.com/rsvp/

As before, there's a seperate "play area" that's fenced in (and locks) so those of you bringing small children can "pen" them and not look over your shoulder every second of the day.

The inground pool is closed but we have a safety cover which small children safely walk across. This of course is not a recommended practice however I mention this in case you as a parent are worried about the inground. My son tested this last weekend :(

If the heavens are unkind and open up that Saturday, the rain date will be Sunday, Nov 4th, same time and place.

soondg 10-17-2007 09:29 PM

I can't make this one Frederic, I have to be at my cousins wedding in Delaware. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the last one at your place.

frederic 10-17-2007 09:35 PM

Glad you and your wife had a good time Joe.

But really, which is more important? A wedding where you have to wear a tie and act all formal and stuff, or a BBQ where you can shoot the breeze and relax?

heh-heh. Enjoy the wedding!

soondg 10-17-2007 10:04 PM

I was trying to figure out how to do both.

frederic 10-17-2007 10:13 PM

Wow, that would be one heck of a driving spree! I'd be truly impressed!

Don't kill yourself over it... I'll catch you and your lovely wife at the next event.

ranger1999 Bob 10-17-2007 10:14 PM

well me and Sue will be there again pending the outcome of Sue's new round of medical tests which begin 10/24 to make sure her cancer is still gone
she will make a cake if thats cool but if youd like something else please let us know

frederic 10-17-2007 10:18 PM

MMMMM cake.

That would be great if you guys can come Bob. Looking forward to it. And wish our best to Sue on her tests for a good outcome. She's still on the testing every 6 month plan?

350steve 10-18-2007 07:52 AM

Good job fred...

ranger1999 Bob 10-18-2007 07:53 PM

shes on the three month plan her surgery was april 13 and this will be her second round of the CT Scan.. we dont think there will be a problem cause she had an infection recently and they did a test and there was no Squeamos cell in her blood so that indicates no cancer but when dealing with cancer one cant be too sure.. we also have to make sure the clot she has in her right illiac vein is shrinking but shes on the coumadin for that and she finally got stablized on that SO things are looking up!!

ranger1999 Bob 10-21-2007 06:43 PM

slight update here in speaking with my wife today she said she will also make one of the following two dishes either a lenguine with oil and sliced zucchini and tomatos ( which i will say is very good or she will make a rice pilaf with ham mushroom onion and peas in it you guys decide and she will cook
we need to know a week before so she can get the stuff in for the recipie

frederic 10-22-2007 08:42 PM

I vote lenguine however Steve is hosting this party at my house so I'll let him make the decision/recommendation :)

Hope someone remembers dogs, buns, burgers too :)

350steve 10-23-2007 06:09 AM

bring what you want...but no potato salad

DVLSH1 10-23-2007 10:09 AM

no potato salad????? man, and i was gonna send some of this wonderful potato salad here in iraq for ya all to enjoy!!! bummers :D

DVLSH1 10-23-2007 11:14 AM

this was a double post thanx to my connection over here.

tjc transport 10-23-2007 01:08 PM

hank, the potato salad will only be welcome if it is hand delivered by you. :-D