Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   THE FAT KID NEEDS.....Hey how bout a swap meet? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/662602-the-fat-kid-needs-hey-how-bout-a-swap-meet.html)

downhillpat 10-12-2007 11:19 PM

THE FAT KID NEEDS.....Hey how bout a swap meet?

Since the fearless leader made an "I need a blah blah blah post"

Planning my C6 to ZF swap here in the next month or two...Any help? Knowledge from the peanut gallery? (besides don't do it...and fat kid jokes?)

A Cheap ZF5 for a 351w 4x4?
Clutch/Brake pedals for my truck?
flywheels???
Crossmembers? For ZF5 or M5OD
Driveshafts???133" WB ZF5 or M5OD

If any of you *gentlemen* are hiding one of these highly coveted items let me know... May have a couple things to barter with...

I cannot stand these 3 speeds and automatic shifting any longer!!!!! Hell, Anyone got a junk truck with a 5 speed?

Since we are on the subject, what about a chapter swap meet? That'd be pretty freakin' sweet!!!

BIGKEN 10-13-2007 01:22 AM

Now Patty...is that fearless leader or fearful leader??? :-missingt

I personally...and I believe I can speak for Sean, Dan, Big Don, and others...take offense to being called "GENTLEMEN". I just don't understand why you, of all people, would use such hurtful language!!! :-kneeslap

It appears as if you are suggesting a theme for a GTG...why don't you further develop this plan and see what happens. I've said before, it's time for others to bring their energies and expertise to planning these events. I'm sure your leadership will be appreciated by the gang!!!

downhillpat 10-13-2007 11:35 PM

To even have a swap meet I was thinking would be better to link up with dealers and a stang' club, perhaps a couple FTE Sponsors or something...

BTW: nix on the ZF swap, I may (that's a big MAYBE) be trading in my truck on an 06' F250 5.4 ZF6 4x4 std. cab...Oh god it hurts too much to speak/type those words...I failed inspection and got pulled over twice, the truck is down more than a fat chick learning to ski....and the gas is eating my tiny wallet alive!!!

Nevertheless a swap meet would be cool...I already nixed the Idea for a Halloween party, the June bash was enough of a costume party...

The other idea I was toying with is making connections with other types of vehicle clubs, like maybe a *Jeep* club (don't kill me please) mustang clubs, a Merkur Club (cringe...Me and a certain XR4Ti don't get along too good..)

Maybe a cooperative mud run with a jeep club with some old beater fords, just for fun...One could argue that Jeep is Ford's long lost cousin, Hell, the jeep grille is based off of a Ford design used on the Ford GPW...I want one.

There's also the guys over at the Explorer Forum (Serious Explorations) they do some pretty good events.

Just throwing down some ideas. And dropping some bombshells... I just think some branching out is needed. Anyone here ski? I do... something to do in the winter...

Ok, I'm done for now...
I have the wacky/corny/abnormal ideas department covered it seems..

BIGKEN 10-14-2007 09:43 AM

Well, Patty...take the bull by the balls and do some preliminary work to see if there is interest on any of the 'stang or Focus forums in doing something like this...perhaps we could combine this with next years "Big June Bash"...assuming that there is going to be a "Big June Bash" next year. Reach out to the other clubs...other FTE members ...report back with your findings!!!

7283-F250 10-17-2007 09:43 PM

As for the 5 speed...
I got one but I would need your 3 speed in trade. do you know how to bolt a toyota 5 sp to the back of your 351? and the 3 speed to the back of a toyota 4banger?
But a buddy and I might take that toy running gear and make somthing "fun" out of it in the future.

onto the "other" subject. I have toyed with the idea of a Focus/truck meet but it didn't fly anywhere. Ken started a trend of "we'll park on the little cars"...