Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Arkansas Chapter Meeting? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/658841-arkansas-chapter-meeting.html)

TopSgtLawrence 10-02-2007 10:03 AM

Arkansas Chapter Meeting?

When and where is the next chapter meeting, I may have to show up in a Chevy blazer:rolleyes:[wife truck] due to the fact my XLT needs a motor. I will need all you guys help to get this truck in top condition. I will ask alot of questions.

cookie88 10-02-2007 04:38 PM

Welcome to FTE and the Arkansas chapter. We don't have a meet planned currently, but keep an eye on the board for when we do.

The next one will probably not be much more than a business meeting as our chapter leader is getting set to deploy....and we need to elect a new one. London is out I-40 west of Russleville isn't it?

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl 10-02-2007 05:25 PM

I think it should be a Huge thing so we can give him a going away party.

mudder460 10-02-2007 08:52 PM

Welcome to the club!! What year is your truck? What motor are you looking for? I know a guy that has some motors laying around!

TopSgtLawrence 10-03-2007 02:10 PM

My Truck reply to Mudder

I have a 1995 F-150 XLT short wheel base 5.0l. I bought an old 302 but found out it will not take my fuel-injected maifold, must be a carb systyem only. I do not wont to chang all that.

mudder460 10-03-2007 05:51 PM

Are your old heads bad? If not swap your heads for the others and the intake should bolt up.

1996pwrstrk 10-03-2007 11:52 PM

I think we need to start kicking around some ideas ( like where and when) its already Oct. How about first weekend in Nov. Anybody want to host it ?

jimkidd 10-04-2007 05:23 AM

Can't do it in the first of Nov. I'll be training. The only time I know I'm going to be off for sure is part of this weekend, 4 days at Thanksgiving and 10 days at Christmas. My schedule is pretty much locked this time.

jimbo

TopSgtLawrence 10-04-2007 12:16 PM

More Info!

Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
I think we need to start kicking around some ideas ( like where and when) its already Oct. How about first weekend in Nov. Anybody want to host it ?

Will this meeting be a dinning-in meeting at some restaurant? Will it be at someones home? Are wives and children welcome? What about having it at a state park, one site must be reserved and the meeting could be held at that site,may-be some grills could be brought and we could grill out also. I am just kicking some ideas!!

1996pwrstrk 10-04-2007 12:42 PM

Unless we say otherwise our GTG's are always a family affair I think it much nicer that way. Do we want to try at Thanksgiving I can taste Jimbo's deep fried turkey allready.

tankrsc 10-04-2007 07:10 PM

I'm new here but would bring my old truck around for something like this. By thanksgiving I may have my swap done if I find all the parts.

mechmagcn 10-06-2007 10:48 PM

If its Thanksgiving, you can already count me out unless everybody want to come to Moro Bay State Park. I already have my site rented and this is a yearly tradition with me and Donna. If you want to travel to the southern part of the state, I know I can get the pavillion at the park, the maintenace super is a close friend.

Brian_B 10-16-2007 10:57 PM

I would like to be updated if you guys have one, but I seriously doubt I will be in attendance, but.....

cookie88 10-18-2007 04:56 PM

I'd love for you to able to come to one Brian....do you ever not have a Saturday dialysis session? And if you do, are you aware of them advanced enough that we could plan something around that day?

Brian_B 10-18-2007 10:06 PM

Nope. Saturday is fixed. :( I had one saturday off this summer to go to the ozarks run. That was at the old unit and they had openings on another shift that particular week. The new unit if full. No openings currently at all.

They don't even take visiting patients who come into the area and need dialysis. They have to drive to Branson to get dialysis (I think that is the closest unit).

Just keep me updated when you have them. I can try, but it is extremely unlikely.