Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   2008 Nominations For Chapter Leader (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/657763-2008-nominations-for-chapter-leader.html)

glruff 09-29-2007 08:14 AM

2008 Nominations For Chapter Leader

Nominations for your 2008 Chapter Leader are now open. We will keep this thread open for the month of October so all members have a chance to express their thoughts and opinions. Nominations for the four board members will follow in November. Elections will be held in December.

It is my opinion that the chapter leader should only serve 1 year and a new person should take over the leadership. This will insure that the Chapter does not become a one person chapter.

When nominating a person for chapter leader, you should check with that person to make sure the member is willing to serve in that capacity be nominating. You, of course, can volunteer to serve in that position.

It has been a GREAT year for the Delaware Chapter, establishing itself as one of the best of the best in FTE.

FTE established some guidelines for chapter leaders as follows:

Originally Posted by FTE Ken

Here are the current chapter leader guidelines. We will be updating and refining these over the next few weeks.

- Chapter Leaders may not hold a position or title with a competitive venture, or otherwise have his position on FTE cause a conflict of interest or potential conflict of interest.

- The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums, overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings, facilitating chapter growth and promoting the chapter on FTE.

- Chapter membership lists may not be used for sales, solicitation or recruiting, in any form, directly, or indirectly.

- Chapter leaders should attempt to organize regular chapter meetings or gatherings that support members.

- Chapters are not legally or financially connected with FTE.

- Chapter online business is to be conducted on Ford Truck Enthusiasts. If a chapter is in need of web space FTE will provide it.

- FTE reserves the right to approve or disapprove of any chapter position, including removal of chapter leaders from their position.

If you have any questions about the position, send me an email or PM and I will do my best to either answer or get an answer to your question(s).:-X22

glruff 09-30-2007 12:03 AM

I would like to nominate Barry, savage2211, for our 2008 chapter leader. Barry is one of many members who has been very active this year promoting the chapter and FTE.

Barry was responsible for almost half of the new members during our membership drive early in 2007. He is one of many chapter members who exhibit the qualities which FTE looks for in a chapter leader. He will do a great job for the Chapter.

Thank you Barry for accepting this nomination. :-X22

dawgs150 10-10-2007 07:25 AM

so from the looks of it, we dont seem to have much more interest in this position besides barry...

so how about we close the nominations and i say lets move this to a chapter vote...

your thoughts

phil6608 10-10-2007 07:35 AM

Sounds like a plan to me Lew.
+1 on that suggestion!

glruff 10-10-2007 07:48 AM

It has been moved and seconded that the nominations for the 2008 Chapter Leader be closed.

All in favor type Aye!

Formal elections will be held in December at our annual dinner meeting. Barry will take of his duties effective 01/01/2008. Congratulations Barry.

I will post up this weekend the members eligible to be nominated to hold the Board seats for:
New Castle County
Kent County
Sussex County
MD Eastern Shore

glruff 10-10-2007 07:48 AM

Aye to closing the CL nominations.

dawgs150 10-10-2007 07:50 AM

aye aye aye aye

phil6608 10-10-2007 07:50 AM

Aye............

defyrftr 10-10-2007 12:50 PM

aye here as well....

tjc transport 10-10-2007 01:02 PM

NAE!!!

just kidding Barry!
hey, there has to be at least one butt-head in every crowd!!
and without at least 1 nae vote, it ain't legal.

SCRWDRVR 10-10-2007 03:18 PM

Aye to closing the CL nominations.

savage2211 10-10-2007 04:19 PM

Ok Well I guess it me Then,I don't know what you got me into george, LOL Buy the way Board members stay the same for life!!!! LOL

350steve 10-10-2007 04:44 PM

Congrats barry..:-X03 ..:-drink I hope you know what george has gotten you into!

glruff 10-10-2007 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by savage2211
OK Well Board members stay the same for life!!!! LOL

Spoken like a true politician, I taught you well. :-X22

SCRWDRVR 10-10-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by savage2211
Ok Well I guess it me Then,I don't know what you got me into george, LOL Buy the way Board members stay the same for life!!!! LOL

Thats good since I gave up my seat months ago