Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum148/)
-   -   Official LA meet thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/652266-official-la-meet-thread.html)

rbloodhound 09-12-2007 09:37 PM

Official LA meet thread

I want to post an official LA meet thread. From now on any info or plans for a LA meet needs to be posted here. If we can keep it at the top new members will be more likely to see it.

As of now we have a meet @ hooters in West Monroe on Sat Sept. 15th. There are several members commited to showing up.

Any future plans or ideas should be posted here for everyone to see.

Thanks
Robert

w5kgt 09-15-2007 08:45 PM

Monroe meet

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">Hey guys, it was nice meeting rbloodhound, mrxlh, and his wife. I had a great time sipping on suds and listening to Ryan talk about the ford diesels.
I got confirmation that I am going to Hawaii on October 3rd. Sorry I can't go camping with ya'll but hey, Hawaii is a once in a lifetime deal. If ya'll decide to go to Lake Claiborne State Park sometime, I will stop by and visit. Can't wait till our next get together. My wife said she would like to come next time so I will be sure to bring her.
Oh by the way, the new free truck has a starter problem. Looks like I will be buying a starter along with a few other things. Thanks again for the good time. Kevin
</TD><!-- KEN: 1-13-2007: show 300x250 ad-block to non-Club FTE users in the 1st post of every page --><!-- / Ken, end of hack --></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message --><!-- no sigs except when logged in --><!-- sig -->

mrxlh 09-15-2007 08:52 PM

Fellas, it was a pleasure to meet and talk with both of you. My wife had a good time as well. Looking foreward to more meets and get togethers.

rbloodhound 09-15-2007 09:50 PM

It was great meeting at hooters today. We had lots to talk about. we even managed to talk about a few ford trucks.

:-drink The cold beer was good also.
Thanks for taking the time to show up. Next time i'll bring my wife.

Lets keep this up.

Robert

rbloodhound 09-21-2007 09:58 PM

We need to plan another meet. I am open for ideas. The weather is cooling off so this is the time to do something. Lets get something going.

Robert

rangergurl04 09-23-2007 08:30 PM

blah i hate school....lol i know not on topic. i still say the state park idea but up to yall

jgc2521 09-23-2007 11:20 PM

the state parks are nice... we went to Fausse point last summer (mentioned in a diff. thread) and stayed for 10 days. brought the camper and my jetski. it would be fun if their wa a group of people to talk/mess around with. Bein with the fam that long though by yourselves stuck in a tin can can get old. lol

7.3 4X4 09-27-2007 05:13 PM

Sorry for the late reply, but I am interested! I like the State Park idea, also. Chicot State Park, between Ville Platte and Alexandria, is centrally located. It's also the largest State Park in Louisiana. By the way, I live in Mandeville, which is north of New Orleans.

rbloodhound 09-27-2007 09:31 PM

I like the state park idea. I'm up to going any where. I work in the oilfiel so I usually have the first 2 weekends of the month off. Keep the ideas coming.

Robert

Tangi Cowboy 10-28-2007 04:48 PM

Hey, out there I'm from Kentwood, and fixing to buy a new F250 Super Duty, I'm interested in becoming a member of the Louisiana Chapter and meeting up with some of you folks, tell me who all is in this part of our state andhow often y'all get to gether
Thanks, Tangi

rbloodhound 10-28-2007 08:00 PM

Welcome Tangi Cowboy. We are trying to meet more often. It has started out slow. We have some dedicated members in South LA who are working hard to get meets together. Blksiryder is key to this and Ranger girl is a big help. We had a meet in monroe a while back where we had people show up. I havent been able to make a South LA meet yet because of work. I am just glad this is getting bigger. I look forward to a big state wide meet soon.

What model Superduty are you going to buy?

Tangi Cowboy 11-14-2007 07:41 PM

Finally did it

Originally Posted by rbloodhound
Welcome Tangi Cowboy. We are trying to meet more often. It has started out slow. We have some dedicated members in South LA who are working hard to get meets together. Blksiryder is key to this and Ranger girl is a big help. We had a meet in monroe a while back where we had people show up. I havent been able to make a South LA meet yet because of work. I am just glad this is getting bigger. I look forward to a big state wide meet soon.

What model Superduty are you going to buy?

Ok out there, Today Magee Ford and I finally made a deal and I traded my 02 Avalanche for a 2006 Dark Gray F250 Lariat. I guess I can be an official FTE member now, I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of the other members in our great state of Louisiana, as well as folks in Mississippi and other areas. We live in Kentwood and travel up into Mississippi pretty regular. Please keep me posted on any GTG's that may be coming up. I would love to share ideas with all of y'all.
Tangi Cowboy

walrus 11-19-2007 02:24 PM

Congrats on the new ride, Tangi Cowboy.

blksiryder 11-19-2007 02:50 PM

welcome to the 250 club i know you will love it. i do

rbloodhound 11-19-2007 02:53 PM

I love my 250. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I did the fog light mod today on mine. Where the fogs will stay on with the high beams. It took about 10 min. It works great.

Diesel prices are the only downside.