Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   4 day Regen.... wtf? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/650168-4-day-regen-wtf.html)

1fast4.6 09-06-2007 07:12 PM

4 day Regen.... wtf?

Ive had my truck for a little over a month. 4 days ago it started the regen cycle. no big deal. i let it sit and idle for half an hour. still in the regen cycle. Now everytime i let my truck sit and apply the parking brake (its a manual) it kicks into regen. It has done this for 4 days straight. I let it sit outside my house today for about an hour. And its still doing it.

Anyone have any ideas? I havent done any mods to it. drive 60 miles to work everyday. I hope i dont have to go back to the sealership.

Thanks in advance

69cj 09-06-2007 07:23 PM

Yep, back to the dealer.:-wink

Lead Head 09-06-2007 08:44 PM

Maybe because you keep on idling it for so long? Try giving it a good hard long run.

hooty0723 09-06-2007 08:56 PM

I have the same truck. How do youknow when the regen cycle is going? Does a light go on or what.

1fast4.6 09-06-2007 09:23 PM

it goes into an elevated idle and the exhaust temps rise

origcharger 09-06-2007 09:44 PM

My idea would be to just shut it off, fuel assisted regenerations while the truck is idling have to be huge fuel wasters.

And you probably should have dealer check it, you may have a sensor or something that isn't telling the computer the exhaust is getting up to temperature.

BRANDON MORTENSON 09-06-2007 10:40 PM

Get the new flash update. MINE HAS A BUILD of 1/25 and the update came out 8/1. Regans are much better now. It's still gay that they have them.

SANDDEMON08 09-06-2007 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1fast4.6
it goes into an elevated idle and the exhaust temps rise

Do you have any mods done to the truck?

greythorn3 09-06-2007 11:50 PM

geez

Flash updating our trucks WTF has this world come to! now it wouldnt be so bad if you could plug in the USB at home and have it done... but nooo you have to take it to the stealership.. and waste your time and fuel.. wonder how much gas the world would save if it wasent for all these stupid little trips to the stealership to get their trucks flashed..

Ray

PSD6litre40 09-07-2007 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by greythorn3
Flash updating our trucks WTF has this world come to! now it wouldnt be so bad if you could plug in the USB at home and have it done... but nooo you have to take it to the stealership.. and waste your time and fuel.. wonder how much gas the world would save if it wasent for all these stupid little trips to the stealership to get their trucks flashed..

Ray

The reason we can't do this is because you would have people that would interrupt the flash and what not and fry the PCM then there is more cost on the delaer.

greythorn3 09-07-2007 09:45 AM

ya

i bet they do it when you go iin for a service normally anyhow so its no extra service... they just update when your getting your oil changed or somthing.. taht would be the smart way.

ray

1fast4.6 09-07-2007 10:17 AM

well its back from the dealership.... they let it sit outside thier shop and let it run for 45 minuites....and it finally stoped on its own. they checked everything and it came back clean. but they went ahead and updated the PCM

biz4two 09-08-2007 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by greythorn3

Ray

:-offtopic ...YES...I know...but... :-X21
Dude...that is what I am talking about. Be able to update the flash via your own computer with an internet connection. Just plug in the USB...and you are good to go.

That should go in the "Idea Box" at FORD. Even if it were done on a "test" bases...I would be up for it. :-X22

Heck...GM can run diagnostics via OnStar. FORD should get up into the 21st Century...and do something similiar...IMO.

biz
8D