Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   KS Chapter Camp, Shoot, and Wheel Weekend (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/646320-ks-chapter-camp-shoot-and-wheel-weekend.html)

HappyJack 08-26-2007 06:26 PM

KS Chapter Camp, Shoot, and Wheel Weekend

The Off-Road Gang is going to have this again this year. This is what they have posted on it.

Fancy Creek Shooting Range
Randolph ORV Park

Dates: Friday Nov. 2nd
Saturday Nov. 3rd
Sunday Nov. 4th

Schedule: Friday - open - arrive, setup camp, do some wheelin,
Supper cookout and BS session, more TBD.

Saturday - Wheelin at the park and Shooting at the range. Times
and other activities TBD

Sunday - Wheelin at the Park. Times and other activities TBD

I have extra camping gear and dutch ovens for folks to use. I also have a good selection of 1800's cowboy shootin irons. I am not able to cook for everyone this year. But if someone else would like to and would like to do any of the stuff I have done in the past just ask and I'll bring the large pots I have. Should be able to bring the burn um up fast grill also.

HappyJack 09-25-2007 10:15 PM

I went ahead and called a November FTE KS Chapter GTG at this years CS&W weekend. It will be Saturday evening starting 6:00 PM at the Fancy Creek Campground just North of Randolph, KS. We will have a group meal and then a 50/50 pot and prize drawing. Then voting for Ford TOTGTG. We'll have a campfire.

The OR gang is working on a information sheet and I'll post that when the rest is worked out.

Looks like folks will go up Friday afternoon and set up camp. Then maybe wheel a bit on Friday. Saturday morning it looks like maybe a group breakfest. Saturday we will go to the shootin range in the campground. I have some shootin irons if folks would like to try them out. They are mostly 1800's cowboy type stuff. You need to contact me if you want to shoot some of my stuff. Some are black powder only and I have a very small amout of ammo. Others will shoot factory loads and you would need to provide your own ammo. Range fee is $10 I think. Some folks will wheel on Saturday also. Saturday night is the big meal and GTG. Sunday will be more wheelin.

HappyJack 09-28-2007 11:15 AM

T.O.R.G. 3rd Annual

Camp, Shoot, Wheel Weekend

November 2, 3, 4, 2007

Tuttle Creek ORV Area & Fancy Creek

Click below for info on info on the Fancy Creek area.

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/state_parks/locations/tuttle_creek

Alternate map and Information

http://www.mappyjack.com/Tmaps.htm

Friday -Arrive and set up Camp

Friday Evening - I little wheeling before the sun goes down.

Saturday Morning - For those who camp - Breakfast by IAN. Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Biscuits. Please let us know if you are not camping and plan to be there for breakfast so we can make enough. :)

For those who are not camping we will meet at the campgrounds at 9:00am or come to the shooting range after 10am.

Saturday Morning, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Target Practice at the Fancy Creek Range, Hosted by Happy Jack. Bring your favorite "Shootin Iron" or Rifle. Don't forget the ear & eye protection! The Tuttle Creek Range charges a $10 Range fee per shooter. All money goes to keeping the Range open! Those that don't want to shoot will be going to the ORV park for wheelin fun.

Saturday Lunch - 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm. Bring a sack lunch and meet back at the Campsite for a quick bite before heading out on the trails. For those that fancy a little more shooting time, you more welcome to hang out at the Range and eat.

Saturday 2:00 pm - 5:45 pm. Wheeling at the ORV

Saturday 6:00 pm. Meet back at the Camp site to get dinner started. FTE-GTG and 50/50 pot and prize drawings will be held (bring a $1). You're welcome to bring a side dish or something for everyone to munch on. Main Course TBA!

Sunday 10:00 am. - ??? Meet in the ORV staging area for a day of Wheeling! Break camp and head home.

Those Wheeling please use channel 13 on the CB

Please note that the TORG campsite will be near the Fancy Creek Boat Dock. As you are coming down the hill to the Fancy Creek Boat Dock/Lake, Take a right at the pit toilet (NOT marked on map) and we should be in that area.

The campsite and shooting range is in the State Park. If you plan on camping or spending a lot of time at the campsite you may want to purchase a day pass. State park Day passes are $3.70 a day. Passes may be purchased at the self pay station At Fancy Creek, Tuttle Creek State Park Office or Wal-Mart and I believe from any State Park Ranger.

Fancy Creek State camping permits are $7.50 per day. Electricity is an extra $6.00 a day. Water or other hookups are not available.

The schedule above is so we have some kind of organized chaos. Some may not enjoy all the activities we have planned so feel free to come and go as you please.

Contact phone number 1-316-640-1788