Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   Blending WVO & adding aux fuel tank. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/645245-blending-wvo-and-adding-aux-fuel-tank.html)

MooseHead 08-23-2007 01:05 PM

Blending WVO & adding aux fuel tank.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie so please bear with me. I pick up my 02 F250 PSD this Saturday and want to start blending or using Diesel Secret Energy.

This is my first Ford and my second diesel (first was a 01 Ram 2500) which I got rid of after 11 months (blew an injector pump after 2 months).

So if there's anyone blending or using DSE out there in a 7.3PSD please let me know how it's going and any suggestions that you may have.

I'm also looking at putting a Aux fuel tank/toolbox combo in the bed and would like to put the WVO blend in that tank and have a valve to switch between #2 and the blend in the second tank, so any suggestions for valves and tanks would be great also.

Thanks,

Jeff

Phydeaux88 08-23-2007 02:22 PM

Please do not use foul language (Diesel Secret) here. It is not held in high regard by most of our participants.

Why do you want to blend instead of running straight WVO or BioDiesel?

MooseHead 08-23-2007 02:33 PM

Figured I would blend and take the money savings and put them towards a SVO kit. I can 1 tank it with a blend for a couple more months until it starts to cool down.

Phydeaux88 08-23-2007 06:00 PM

Blending is risky.
There are some here that swear by it but their observations do not jive with the scientific facts. Blends will seperate over time and you could end up burning unheated VO. That is a recipe for disaster.

You would be risking a $10000 engine to save the approx $3000 cost of converting the truck to burn VO.

If you do not have the cash to do a VO conversion build an appleseed processor and learn to make Bio.

Much safer that way.

MooseHead 08-23-2007 06:57 PM

I actually already built an Appleseed, I never finished the wash/dry tank though because the Injector Pump went out on the Dodge and I didn't want to take any chances of killing another by running anything execpt #2.

There is a thread on the TurboDieselRegister about a guy that started running DSE (then made his own version of DSE). If your interested in blending at all it's a good thread to read. He keeps it up to date and it is up to 21 pages so far. He actually has his engine oil tested and has pulled the injectors looking for buildup and all is well so far.

Blending just seems so easy and there is no by-product to get rid of like there is with Bio production and no big up front expense like a SVO kit. I would love to get a vegistroke but funds are tight after buying the F250 and I wanted to get started with some kind WVO ASAP.

I am hoping to find out if many others are blending and how it's working for them.

Phydeaux88 do you do Bio or SVO?

fabmandelux 08-23-2007 10:44 PM

Please read this first! https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...=Diesel+Secret

MooseHead 08-24-2007 05:54 AM

Sorry to bring it up again. I didn't see anything in the Alt Fuels section, but I admit didn't search the whole site.

OK, I give up on Blending.

Any Ill effects from running B100? I've heard lots of bad things about B100 eating up parts.

I just have no idea what to beleive any more.

fabmandelux 08-24-2007 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by MooseHead
Sorry to bring it up again. I didn't see anything in the Alt Fuels section, but I admit didn't search the whole site.

OK, I give up on Blending.

Any Ill effects from running B100? I've heard lots of bad things about B100 eating up parts.

I just have no idea what to beleive any more.

QUALITY made biodiesel will not harm any diesel! If your looking for FACTS go here first: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org

I've been making and useing biodiesel for over 4 years, and have never had any problems.

firemediceric 08-24-2007 09:01 AM

I blend. It's been good to me. If you search for some of my earlier posts here, you should find my thoughts on the matter. If you don't have luck with the Search function, let me know and I'll e-mail you my history/experience.

kennedyford 08-26-2007 12:05 PM

Moose, our 99-08 superduty's have closer tolerances in the fuel system to create problems if mixing or filtering goes wrong. The stock filters are at a 5 to 3 micron depending on the year. You can build your processor with scrap parts, and make your bio for nearly 1.00 per gallon depending on the cost of your supplies.

MooseHead 08-26-2007 10:24 PM

Well, I'm the new owner of a Black 2002 F250 PSD, man I love the sound (or lack there of) of the 7.3. Compared to my old 01 Dodge it's quiet.
I was getting ready to leave the Dealershp and the guy that keeps track of all the keys said "Hold on a sec, I think there's something else in the drawer for that truck."
He pulled out a SuperChips Inc. 1705 programmer and said here you go. How sweet is that.

cookie88 08-27-2007 08:27 PM

Nice...... Congratulations on the truck, and the tuner. :)

Does the truck already have an EGT gauge installed? If it doesn't you'll want to install one before you get all crazy with the tuner.