Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   fuel line crossover and regulated fuel return (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/645180-fuel-line-crossover-and-regulated-fuel-return.html)

rchouser 08-23-2007 06:09 AM

fuel line crossover and regulated fuel return

I have seen both these terms used in a few posts. I am guessing that the fuel line crossover will work like an old h pipe in an exhaust system and allow the fuel rails to equalize. If I am on the right track, then a regulated fuel return might allow me to control the amount of pressure in the rails by adding or subtracting backpressure to work in tandem with the fuel pump. Am I close? If this is what it does, I would be very interested in doing this/these mods. The only real resource I have found using the search on the 6.0 diesel forums suggest that I contact "Matt" for more guidence. Anyone want to educate me? I know I am asking a lot of questions lately, but, I have a small pile of MODS bucks and a big pile of MODS that can be done. (My first MODS will be the oil by-pass and coolant filter). The idea of being able to control the Wash or even have a Wash by un-deadheading the fuel rails falls right into line with my "spend a buck" to "save two bucks" on my new used 06 350 philosphy. The more I read, the more questions I have. Again, thanks in advance. rc

Deluxe05 08-23-2007 07:36 AM

The Matt referenced would be Matt Geouge of Spartan Diesel Technologies. Matt semi-recently split off from another diesel performance company and started Spartan. So the web site is still a work in progress, but you can hit www.spartandieseltech.com for some contact information. As others can attest, you cannot go wrong with contacting them. They have excellent customer support, and they have dumped an immeasurable number of hours into the 6.0L community providing free advice & troubleshooting help.

The fuel crossover solution does indeed stabilize fuel pressure between the injection rails, and it helps deliver better fuel pressure to a couple of cylinders that can be lacking in that category.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the regulated return system is more of a 7.3L solution. Not saying that a 6.0L could not benefit from the system, but I am sure someone will correct me if that is not the case.

20046.0PSDX 08-24-2007 02:01 PM

The Regulated Return system does indeed apply to the 6.0 as the fuel dead-heads at the back of the block otherwise. Under heavy throttle the two rear cylinders can lack proper fueling. Also, yes the increased fuel pressure available from the Reg-Ret system will help w/ reducing cavitation (air mixing) of the diesel fuel which can lead to injector failure. The crossover and the full system are both an improvement over stock on the 6.0 and a worthwhile investment.

rchouser 08-24-2007 06:20 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have located at least one "kit" that advertises itself as complete. 20046.0PSDX, without breaking any rules of the forum, and if this question is in violation I withdraw it, would a phone call to Spartan Diesel get me more info on how to "get er done"? I have seen only one kit and schematic, but, I don't know if there are better ways to "skin the cat". Thanks again, rc

04Xcursion 08-24-2007 06:26 PM

Absolutely, phone Matt, there are several options available for this depending on where you're planning on gong with mods. Tell him what you want and between the two of you it will not be hard to figure out what you need.

Good luck. :-X22

LvTitan 08-24-2007 09:10 PM

yes matt is definitely a stand up guy, and has gone above and beyond anything even remotely considered "customer service" .
the guy is a real asset to the 6liter community.

one of our sponsors here, ITP , click on their banner, as they are the supplier of probably the finest regulated return system i've seen so far. i have already ordered mine and am going to be installing it along with a FASS upgraded pump/filter system.

LvTitan 08-24-2007 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by 04Xcursion
Absolutely, phone Matt, there are several options available for this depending on where you're planning on gong with mods. Tell him what you want and between the two of you it will not be hard to figure out what you need.

Good luck. :-X22

and please dont get frustrated if matt doesn't answer, or does not return your call right away, i can tell you that guy is busier than a one legged man in an A$$ kicking contest and doesnt have a lot of spare time.
shoot him an email and he'll get to you. the guy is a fountain of information.

rchouser 08-25-2007 06:44 AM

ITP is the kit that I found. I will contact Matt and I will be patient. Thanks to all. rc

F250_ 08-25-2007 08:02 AM

Contact Jason at Dino Fuel Alternatives, who is the one who has been selling lots of cross-over connect kits for the 7.3's. I was the first to install his kit, and you can read my evaluation report in the link in my signature... go to the link on the 7.3 mods site titled "Cackle-Cure Kit - Test Report". It is a large PDF file, so be patient with the download.

I've been running this crossover kit since April of this year, which, although it doesn't include a regulator, it does have a small orifice in the crossover connection tee that does in essence provide some level of pressure regulation. No leaks. No problems. Works very well.

The crossover kit is a whole lot cheaper than a full-bore reg return kit, too.

Here's the link to Jason's site. Although this one is for the 7.3, I'm sure he can come up with something equally effective for the 6.0
http://store.vegistroke.com/19992003-deadhead-fi.html

blowin smoke 08-25-2007 01:58 PM

A customer of LIPD'S came up with the idea for the crossover line for the 6.0. Lipd makes the lines and has them in stock. they are a sponsor here. Jason

SpartanDieselTech 08-25-2007 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by rchouser
ITP is the kit that I found. I will contact Matt and I will be patient. Thanks to all. rc

rchouser,

I'm currently distributing the ITP diesel fuel systems myself.

After I left LIPD, I started designing my own system for Spartan until I ran across Dennis's system. It is a GREAT system, IMO better than anything else currently offered and I just couldn't justify spending the time and money on trying to design something better when, chances are, I wouldn't succeed.

I carry the ITP systems and do have some good pricing on them if you want to contact me :-X22

Some inherent benefits of the ITP over others:

Shorter, easier to install, and higher flow rear banjo fitting than the competition.

Hard front and rear main lines- prevents touching exhaust components or rubbing fan belt and pulleys like the competition's braided lines

Doesn't interfere with aftermarket intercooler setups or dual alternators like other available systems

Maintains factory air filter bleed to remove air from the fuel bowl; unlike other available systems.

It also includes the special allen wrench needed for the install :-X22

LvTitan 08-25-2007 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by blowin smoke
A customer of LIPD'S came up with the idea for the crossover line for the 6.0. Lipd makes the lines and has them in stock. they are a sponsor here. Jason

you've only got two posts here, and both of them are dropping names..
forgive me if i think something smells fishy...

LvTitan 08-25-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by blowin smoke

funny also you have the same IP address as the last troll that was in here getting involved in matt/jeremy's business..

buh-bye dude.

blowin smoke 08-26-2007 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by LvTitan
you've only got two posts here, and both of them are dropping names..
forgive me if i think something smells fishy...

Yeah 2 posts and dropping names..... lets see one post said that they were my h11 studs that failed.

and the second was in this post talking about the crossover line I said who hte company that designed and sells the crossover line was. now how is that wrong.....

its not my problem you have issues with lipd is it.

blowin smoke 08-26-2007 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=LvTitan]funny also you have the same IP address as the last troll that was in here getting involved in matt/jeremy's business..

buh-bye dude.[/QUOT

geeze I guess all members can see my IP address or are you special...... I guess by talking about a crossover line I am getting involved in there business......

Get a life