Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Xenon front air dam?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/641943-xenon-front-air-dam.html)

Supercab 08-13-2007 05:30 PM

Xenon front air dam??

Does anyone have a Xenon front air dam on their SD?? its model#8441.....I am wondering what you are running for fog lights?? I just bought a '99 F350 with one on it and some cheap PIAA projector style lights in it--PO destroyed the original dam, then replaced it and put the cheapie lights in the 4" holes.
I absolutely hate these lights-(If anyone wants them I will give them away free-just pay shipping) I would like to end up with some decent 4" fog lights that have a lens that would closely resemble the factory headlights. Thanks!!

crosbo 08-13-2007 08:14 PM

I like the Xenon air dam. I don't have one...but wish I did, then I could do just as you plan, put some real fog lights (or driving lights) in the openings.

You might want to contact Xenon to see which model of lights they reccomend and that fit best.

Congrat's on the purchase.

Supercab 08-14-2007 05:59 AM

I wonder if just about any 4" fog/driving light would fit into the dam?

StreamlineGT 09-17-2007 01:31 PM

They have some recommendations on their website for which lights to use.

<TABLE class=Model cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=450 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD><TD>Front Air Dam W/Light Openings (accepts KC333 or PIAA 1200 light) Also fits Limited model</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am looking for the installation instructions. I just bought one used, and I don't know how it goes on. Anybody know? Or have the instructions handy to fax or e-mail?

SolidGround 09-17-2007 07:25 PM

3M double-sided auto body tape or equivalent.

Paint it to match first, clean both contact surfaces with laquer thinner or rubbing alcohol, apply tape, apply to bumper.

After it's painted, you're about one beer away from done.

I found this, but...
"All Xenon parts are made of Reaction Injection Molded Urethane for a Virtually Unbreakable part that can take everyday bumps and abuses. A wax-based mold release film is used, which means there will be less time involved in cleaning and preparing the parts for painting. All kits are designed and engineered to use as much factory mounting points and hardware as possible to give a factory installed look. Easy installation with illustrated instructions and all hardware is provided. "
...but no 'illustrated instructions'
I did my best.

good luck!

StreamlineGT 09-18-2007 01:51 PM

Do you have to take the stock lower facia off? Modify it in any way? I might just have the body shop do it.

RockyMtnRanger 09-18-2007 02:55 PM

I'll take the lights. I have another use for them. Zip is 80904. Let me know the shipping. Do you do PayPal?

Marty