Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   old vehicles at school (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/641360-old-vehicles-at-school.html)

J Hodges 08-11-2007 06:42 PM

old vehicles at school

I was wondering if you see any old cars or trucks at your school. By old I mean pre 1980. I think I am the only one that drives any thing old. I drive a 1976 F-100 and a 1972 2 dr maverick. It seems like all there is is 1990 and up.

73f100shortbed 08-11-2007 06:54 PM

When I was in HS I had a 65 mustang, my friend had a 70 mustang, there was also a 1969 firebird.

godblessmud 08-11-2007 06:56 PM

My school has been taken over by the city folk in the last few years, so they all buy their kids newer cars. their mommys and daddys give em cars that are like, 5 years old at most.
and then theres those of us that work for a living, farmers, country boys, rednecks, whatever you want to call us, who drive real vehicles, and pay for everything, car, insurance, gas, by ourselves.
im 16, i work 3 jobs, two on farms, and one construction, and i hear kids older than me complaining because their parents stopped giving them allowance...

got alittle sidetracked there, but basically there are older vehicles, fair number of 1970-75 ford trucks, at least 2 1960's ford trucks, a couple 60's mustangs, a 65 belvedore, and a couple others.

jake00 08-11-2007 09:06 PM

When I was in hs, (95-98) a freind drove his 69 camaro and another had a 78 tbird

jimbo beam 08-12-2007 08:30 AM

I've been out of high school about 4 years. I drove my 82 F100 to school from 10th grade up. Everyday I'd back her in my regular spot next to the rest of the beater trucks. We all parked right near the exit so we could get the hell out of there at the end of the day.

crehberg 08-12-2007 01:17 PM

There's a few....not many, though. It seems like even the rednecks don't drive the old trucks anymore because they just can't keep gas in there old big motors.

misfit351 08-12-2007 04:35 PM

in high school there was a kid with an old cyclone, forgot what year, but his mommy and daddy paid to get it restored, my uncle actually painted it, and someone had a 69 camaro, not many old trucks suprisingly. at the college though theres a lot of 73-79 ford trucks and a a couple 78-79 broncos,a few old camaros, but thats about it. lotta little lowrider trucks.

cdrmotorsports 08-12-2007 07:25 PM

When I was in high school, I had the third oldest vehicle in the lot, a '93 Chevy. One kid had a '78 Porsche and the other one was an '87 BMW. Yeah, I was kind of out of place at that school.

76shortbed 08-12-2007 10:07 PM

In high school I had the second oldest vehicle next to a sixty-something Beetle. Now in college even my Cutlass ('84) seems to be the oldest. People seem to be straying away from old carbureted V8s, but I don't see why. Maybe because gas costs $3 a gallon and I only get 12mpg with my '76...

Dustin1690 08-13-2007 12:03 AM

Yeah its sad my school all it is small cars suvs ricers beater cars not much for trucks our ol classic cars im like one of the few that drives a truck

godblessmud 08-13-2007 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by 76shortbed
In high school I had the second oldest vehicle next to a sixty-something Beetle. Now in college even my Cutlass ('84) seems to be the oldest. People seem to be straying away from old carbureted V8s, but I don't see why. Maybe because gas costs $3 a gallon and I only get 12mpg with my '76...

sad but true about older carbed vehicles.
12 mpg aint that bad... my '90 gets 10 mpg with a EFI 302 and 5speed, i'd hate to think what it would get with an auto...

bigblock_drock 08-14-2007 09:32 PM

a buddy of mine has a 77? camaro nice car red w. stripes, V8, then he wrecked it one snow storm on his way to school, spent the rest of the winter and spring fixin it up and now drives it. its not in great shape but decent. (better now then it was b4 the accident lol)

pretty sure thats all i can think of most ppl drive thier parent 3rd vehicle of something like that. :-X15

mikebon08 08-14-2007 11:21 PM

When I was in high school (83-86), mid 70s were the "cheap" cars parents got their kids....you, 10-12 years old or so. Now, 10-12 years old is still mid-late 90s, and that car that I had would be 33 years old now. Not many of them left, and probably a lot of parents wouldn't trust a car that old to carry their kids around.

Sad thing, at least for me--I take evening classes every now and then at the university. My '95 Tracer is one of the oldest cars on the parking lot. Of course, I'm probably one of the older students too :D.

zpmps2 08-14-2007 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dustin1690
Yeah its sad my school all it is small cars suvs ricers beater cars not much for trucks our ol classic cars im like one of the few that drives a truck

Yeah, same at my school, and its out in the middle of nowhere, mines the 2nd oldest, the oldest is a 76 F-100 that has been restored for a what we would call it "Pretty Boy" and when the ricers start reving up and ****, i let em have it w/ my true duals w/ 24 inch long 4-1/2 inch exits w/ no muffler or cats, then all of a sudden, i hear no more ricers, then, they''ll lite em up in the parkin lot using the e brake "front wheel drive" and i get out 2 vice grips and pich the rear brake lines and let the 35's have it, till the principle comes out, he has an 84 150 and he just laughs and tells me not to let the superintentend see it, but theirs a bunch of 4 1/2 inch wide pegleg rubber burnouts then you see my 12.5 inch dual burnouts!!! My truck is the talk of the school, but not much girls like LOUD trucks unless they have dip in their cheek and no teath, but i steer clear of them!!!!

Taylor

Dustin1690 08-14-2007 11:44 PM

Yeah man i hear ya im in the big city so everyone drives there parents cars our there parents are rich they buy them there own cars its weird the kids do the same thing go rip around a corner pulling the ebrake and still trying to push the front wheel drive ricer

Mine aint that loud but to a degree i hope to straight pipe it or get cutouts all i do is just get ready to leave the lot i turn right just step on it there she goes to bad mine is peg leg but sometimes it leaves 2 tire marks and not one dont know:D its not a limited slip