Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum27/)
-   -   Expedition Replacement Tires (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/636387-expedition-replacement-tires.html)

njxlt 07-27-2007 01:23 PM

Expedition Replacement Tires

I have Bridgestone Dueler REVO's (265/70/17's) on my 1998 XLT Right now and they were great for about 25,000 miles, except they wore down too fast. I am making a 6 hour road trip next month and am looking for a good tire to replace them with. Any suggestions? I love the aggresive look of the REVO's and would like to replace them with a good AT not highway tire?

SMIGGS 07-27-2007 03:02 PM

I'm going to try BF Goodrich All Terrian T/A's size 285\70\17's.

I know they are going to be more noisy on the highway and they have a fairly aggressive tread. They seem to last also from what I've heard.

wrenchturner 07-27-2007 07:11 PM

I Like Michelin Xlt

Oldtrucknut7077 07-27-2007 07:52 PM

cooper discover atr

daveplot 07-28-2007 01:49 PM

I have Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are great and cheaper than a BFG AT. I go off road on the beach here a lot and don't have any problems.

I've liked them so much my brother has gotten them for his 05 F350, and Jeep Cherokee. Friends have them on their Dodge 3500 and F150.

MPBTim 07-28-2007 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by daveplot
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are great and cheaper than a BFG AT. I go off road on the beach here a lot and don't have any problems.

I've liked them so much my brother has gotten them for his 05 F350, and Jeep Cherokee. Friends have them on their Dodge 3500 and F150.

Ive used Nittos....rotate em and they'll last. They dont care whether its mud rain snow ice...great tires. Seem a little short though.

BFG have a 70 or 80,000 mile warranty. But suck in slick mud. (in my exp.)

Coopers...Discovery HTs now. Nice ride all around and a fair value.

slenser 07-28-2007 08:16 PM

I'm a big fan of my Hankooks. I had the revo's before and I liked them too, but I dropped mileage with the Bridgstones. I've had the Hankooks for nearly 20K and they are wearing very nicely.

Expefan 07-28-2007 10:05 PM

Bought a set of Yokohama Geolander HT's. 100+ mile daily drive to work and two trips from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania later.... I love them!! Quiet on the interstates & great traction in the rain & snow.

In my opinion, you cant beat them.

i1dery 07-29-2007 12:14 PM

My wifes expy has the Michelin xlt 255-70-16 and she has 65,000 miles on them
and there still good for another 10,000mi. when were ready to get new ones the
only thing im changing is the size going to 275-70-16 so I quess my recommendation
is michelin long lasting smooth quiet ride, good in the northwest rain also.

pbuehning 07-29-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by njxlt
I have Bridgestone Dueler REVO's (265/70/17's) on my 1998 XLT Right now and they were great for about 25,000 miles, except they wore down too fast. I am making a 6 hour road trip next month and am looking for a good tire to replace them with. Any suggestions? I love the aggresive look of the REVO's and would like to replace them with a good AT not highway tire?

The Revo's do have a 50000 mile treadwear guarantee if the rest of the truck and front end is in order. Take them back to the dealer first!!! I suspect that you have some front-end issues - my Revos have 23000 on them and look great and good for a long time to come. IMO-the best tires I've ever had and will buy them again-in an instant. Great ride, great handling in the rain and super in the snow.

slenser 07-29-2007 09:47 PM

^^^^There you go! No need to find different tires if you can get new Revo's at a discount. Maybe you should have the front end looked at before you take it to the tire shop. That way you know it is aligned before they can deny you.

Trucker22 07-29-2007 10:07 PM

tires

My Nav came with the dreaded Conti's---lasted but horrible for driving and hydroplanning. I replaced with Michelin LTX's---they were very expensive but what a nice ride and cornering---just drove 16hrs to the east coast----I dont' do off road---they were great in rain too---pretty good in snow. And they are totally quiet.

Lots like the Revos --I think they are more aggressive if you need that---they would be great too.

I've never ever been disappointed with Michelin---a good tire is BFG if you need to save some money---a lot of them are on these SUV's---people like them too. May be 40% less money

Hope that helps.

04markIII 07-30-2007 03:15 PM

i bought wrangler rt/s last september. i put about 18k miles on them since. no problems, still look new. i just switched them out for michelin ltx m/s because i got them for free from work. they only have about 5k miles on them, so i went with those instead. i have the rt/s in my basement for the next time i need tires.

pbuehning 07-30-2007 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by 04markIII
i bought wrangler rt/s last september. i put about 18k miles on them since. no problems, still look new. i just switched them out for michelin ltx m/s because i got them for free from work. they only have about 5k miles on them, so i went with those instead. i have the rt/s in my basement for the next time i need tires.

I'm happy for your experience with RTS, maybe you got "good ones". IMO and most others here- they are garbage, as soon as the tread starts to fade the littlest bit watch out. Hydroplane and snow traction (lack there of) will kill you!!! Keep them to put on the truck when you sell it.

waboose 08-01-2007 10:14 PM

I have General Grabber AT2's on my truck, I haven't had any problems with them yet, a very good AT tire, check'em out I have a picture mounted on the truck in my galley photos.