Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   August Gtg (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/634994-august-gtg.html)

BIGKEN 07-23-2007 11:05 AM

August Gtg

OK Kiddos...the July GTG has come and gone...those who couldn't attend missed a great time...it's time to get something going for August...how about posting your thoughts here so we can begin sorting things out. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated...does any one new want to grab the reins??? Sound off!!!

sglaine 07-23-2007 02:13 PM

August 4th Westminster VT at The Bellows Falls High School.

There will be a Truck Show and Westminster Fire Dept will have Burgers,Dogs,Fry's and other stuff. Food will not be an Issue..

That will be August Meet this is Final..Fire works after the show and you can join us at the train Station in Bellows Falls.

donjamer 07-23-2007 05:26 PM

I know this isn't a good option for us in August, but I thought others may want to know about it..

In my local paper they had an article about a Military Vehicle show going on this weekend (Thursday thru Saturday). It is to be held in the field behind the Center Woods School, 14 Center Rd, Weare, NH.

Why don't people start looking at their local papers for related events that we could possibly make into a meeting place? I don't mean local cruise nights, but other bigger events..

sglaine 07-23-2007 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by donjamer
I know this isn't a good option for us in August, but I thought others may want to know about it..

In my local paper they had an article about a Military Vehicle show going on this weekend (Thursday thru Saturday). It is to be held in the field behind the Center Woods School, 14 Center Rd, Weare, NH.

Why don't people start looking at their local papers for related events that we could possibly make into a meeting place? I don't mean local cruise nights, but other bigger events..

Don the reason for doing this one in VT is to bring out more members from VT..I do recall saying earlier this year that meets will be all over NE.

We need to get those members involved and Ken would agree.

BIGKEN 07-23-2007 06:39 PM

Sean...check your PM...you have one waiting, Big Man.

BIGKEN 07-23-2007 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by sglaine
August 4th Westminster VT at The Bellows Falls High School.

There will be a Truck Show and Westminster Fire Dept will have Burgers,Dogs,Fry's and other stuff. Food will not be an Issue..

That will be August Meet this is Final..Fire works after the show and you can join us at the train Station in Bellows Falls.

Hey Sean...I think it's a great idea to meet at the show in Westminster...should attract VT/NH members as it's an easy commute for them. Perhaps a showing from CT will be there as well...it's an easy ride up 91. As you know, Saturdays are CURRENTLY a work day for me...;) ...but if anything changes...;) ...you can count on me to be in attendance to help support the NE Region!!! Perhaps I'll be able to get the day off with pay!!!

donjamer 07-23-2007 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by sglaine
Don the reason for doing this one in VT is to bring out more members from VT..I do recall saying earlier this year that meets will be all over NE.

We need to get those members involved and Ken would agree.

Sean if you read my post I was letting people know of this weeks Military event in WEARE, NH if they were interested..

I WAS NOT looking to have this as the August GTG..

Also I am not aware of ever having a GTG in Upstate NH.. This would qualify for your having meets in other areas.

I was also asking others for input from their local papers..

On a side note... If you are looking to have meetings in other areas of New England then Ken's recommendation of RI,CT, or ME would make more sense.
Seeing that we had the last month(June) in Greenfield..

donjamer 07-23-2007 10:37 PM

Sean,

I just noticed that this meet is on a Saturday..

I thought Saturdays were out per your statement from last months thread..

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">

Saturday just does not work for anyone..We have been meeting Sundays since the test of time..Why change it now?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

As it was the three people who went to Kitten's could have made the Saturday date, but we missed an extra event to accomidate other people who didn't show up..

So to ask your question again....

Why Change Now????

7283-F250 07-24-2007 08:42 AM

Aug 4 sound fine to me.

If other can't make it on a Saturday than another Aug meet could be planned for later in the month on a sunday. It's just a thought.

Weare NH is NOT upstate NH.. Its more on the southern tip of Central NH. Its south the Concord and Concord is central NH. Now Pittsburgh NH is Up-state.

I know its pricy but why not a Mt. Washington auto road meet for an up-state NH meet? Again just throwing out a thought. Or maybe a Kangamangus(sp???) run or somthing similar.

donjamer 07-24-2007 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Weare NH is NOT upstate NH.. Its more on the southern tip of Central NH. Its south the Concord and Concord is central NH. Now Pittsburgh NH is Up-state.

I know its pricy but why not a Mt. Washington auto road meet for an up-state NH meet? Again just throwing out a thought. Or maybe a Kangamangus(sp???) run or somthing similar.

Dan

I know Weare is not that far up there.. The point I was trying to make is it is a place we have not been and could attract other states.

Also I mentioned the Mt Washington idea a few months ago..
They are having the show in September.
http://www.climbtotheclouds.com/

7283-F250 07-24-2007 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=donjamer]Dan

I know Weare is not that far up there.. The point I was trying to make is it is a place we have not been and could attract other states.

http://www.climbtotheclouds.com/[/QUOTE]

I know
I was picking..... Funny thing though is that my mom works in Andover and everyone there goes "way up north" to go camping. Funny thing is that they go to the camp ground next door to where I live.

I know you mentioned Mt Washington. Just though I'd bring it up again.

Trusty Rusty 07-24-2007 04:37 PM

Im not sure about aug 4, but I really like the idea of Mt. Washington or something. A good scenic trip would be fun. Stop here and there, maybe a raodside diner for lunch and a nice pub or something after or call it a day. Maybe something good for the fall and changing of leaves. If we wanted, we could make it a family event...if we wanted. Give me a chance to get a new used truck and I ll throw my new used grill in the back with a cooler and we'll stop at a state park along the way.

donjamer 07-24-2007 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty
Im not sure about aug 4, but I really like the idea of Mt. Washington or something. A good scenic trip would be fun. Stop here and there, maybe a raodside diner for lunch and a nice pub or something after or call it a day. Maybe something good for the fall and changing of leaves. If we wanted, we could make it a family event...if we wanted. Give me a chance to get a new used truck and I ll throw my new used grill in the back with a cooler and we'll stop at a state park along the way.

That sounds like an excellent suggestion to me...

A Ford Rolling caravan = Great Idea

The Mt Washington thing is Sept 15 and 16.. We could make that the destination..

Good one Rusty :-X22

donjamer 07-24-2007 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=7283-F250]

Originally Posted by donjamer
Dan

http://www.climbtotheclouds.com/[/QUOTE]

I know
I was picking..... Funny thing though is that my mom works in Andover and everyone there goes "way up north" to go camping. Funny thing is that they go to the camp ground next door to where I live.

I know you mentioned Mt Washington. Just though I'd bring it up again.

Dan Tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full..

Got this error..

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1>
  1. 7283-F250 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BIGKEN 07-25-2007 08:09 AM

GREAT SUGGESTION by Don, Dan, and Mike...who is going to take the ball and run with it as far as doing research and planning??? Two days would be impossible for me personally...perhaps for others as well...but let's get someone who can do the research and provide some options.

However...:-offtopic ...(Don't really mean the frown...but the sign is great)...

With all due respect to everyone involved...can we put off posting about September for a few weeks and get back on topic regarding the August GTG in Westminster??? After that event we can get September sorted out.