Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Gtg... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/630723-gtg.html)

Traxxis 07-09-2007 10:03 PM

Gtg...

who were able to make it Saturday, Kara and I were glad to have everybody over. For those who didn't make it, 16 of us were able to attend. Kara, Gene (my neighbor) and I were talking about our group and how diverse, yet great group we have, and we all had a great time.

Alice and Brandon, I'm glad you two were able to make it... moreover, I'm glad Alice's house didn't float away in the recent floods. It was great to meet Brandon (Alice's son). For those who don't know, Brandon is in the Army and is currently stationed in Iraq. He was home on leave and chose to spend his last day of leave with us. Brandon, thank you for your service, we look forward to seeing you again. Alice, hang in there, and when Brandon gets back, we'll have a welcome home gtg. When might that be?

Fred and Rhonda, it's always fun having you all around. Thank you for the mugs (Kara suggested maybe using them as plant holders). Thanks also for bringing dessert (mmm... which I'm still enjoying!), Kara and I always seem to forget about dessert. We look forward to shooting more picture of ya'lls truck and getting to know you two more.

Tim and Josh... well, you two always bring a little something interesting to the party... :) Nah really though, we were glad you two came. Kara was bragging all night on Josh's manners and willingness to help prepare for dinner.

JW, glad you made it. Hopefully next time your wife will be done with her classes and she'll be able to make it again. Like I said the other night, it would be neat to visit your family's shop and see all of your toys... I'll leave that to you to work out whenever you like.

Ron, Heather, Blake and AJ, we're glad everybody was able to make it out (even if there is a giant spot of dead grass in my front yard now!). Heather, I'm glad you came, now that you've been to our house, I wont feel as awkward when I talk to you for ten minutes before asking to speak to Ron! :) Blake, AJ... once again, sorry about the dog scaring you! :)

Kara and I look forward to hanging out with everybody again soon. Hopefully we can eventually make this into a once a month event. Also, for those of you who may have noticed, Kara's face was swollen... and I can assure you... I didn't hit her! Anyways, it's been a long couple of days and she has gotten pretty bad... check out my next thread for details.

STan

cigarxtc 07-14-2007 10:04 AM

Thanks to Stan & Kara for opening up your home to us all!!! :-wink We all had a good time. The food and company were great. It was good to finally meet some more of the OK chapter members, and their family. I look forward to the next meet! The boys just plumb wore themselves out and were up past their bed time by the time we left.

Reminder to self: bring some grass seed to next FTE meet for Stans yard. lol. Sorry bud. :-banghead I have to get that gas tank filler tube replaced. Now it leaks when i take a hard right turn too.

78fordtruckgirl 07-14-2007 11:31 AM

A great big thanks to you and Kara for the gtg. (I owe you some brat money!) My mind was on other things. A special thanks to Fred for the test drives. It made Brandon's day! He is due home again in Feb. (knock on wood, I mean chrome) :) The turn out was awesome. Can't wait to do it again. See ya'll soon. I missed the grass thing. Perhaps Ron's truck was just marking it's territory?

jwtimme 07-14-2007 09:13 PM

stan thanks for having all of us over. Fred definaltaly thanks for the test ride that is one quick truck for being 4wd and a cew cab, Also I glad you drive the truck most people would just let it sit, we do what they are ment to do and drive them.