Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Jersey Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum143/)
-   -   Support For Our Troops (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/630352-support-for-our-troops.html)

glruff 07-08-2007 08:50 PM

Support For Our Troops

Hi Fellow FTE members:

I send this message to all of you to ask for your support for the men and women serving our country overseas. As you probably are aware, our government does not give these men and women the means to keep in touch with their family or friends at home via telephone. They must pay out of their own pockets for this privilege.

The Delaware Chapter is collecting "Phone Cards" to present to the Dover Air Force Base Combat Services to be sent to the men and women serving our country.

Military Exchange Prepaid Calling Cards offer the best bang for your buck. This link explains the Military Exchange Prepaid Calling Cards available, https://thor.aafes.com/scs/default.aspx , The Department of Defense Military Exchanges have been authorized to sell the following prepaid calling cards to individuals and organizations who wish to purchase these cards for our troops serving overseas in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. AT & T offers the best rates for prepaid calling cards.

Some FAQ facts:
Q: Why should I purchase the Military Exchange prepaid cards?For service members to receive the best calling rates from OEF/OIF, senders should take advantage of the savings and purchase the Military Exchange 550 and 300 Minute Prepaid Card as it offers the best value when calling home.Q: What is the difference if I send a loved one an AT&T prepaid card purchased from another retailer?Although AT&T phone cards are available at several domestic retailers, they do not offer the best value when placing international calls to the U.S as compared to the AT&T Military Exchange 550 and 300 Minute Global Prepaid Phone Card.

Prepaid phone cards are generally designed and marketed for use only within the 48 contiguous states by other retailers as the cards are generally sold for domestic use.

Domestic retailers do not target nor negotiate low international calling rates to the U.S.

Therefore, they set international prices higher, as their target market is domestic.

Service members may be sent prepaid calling cards from home or provided pro bono prepaid cards from private organizations; however, the Military Exchange does not control the negotiated rates for these products and rates may be significantly higher as well as incur connection or other hidden fees.

Additionally, other payment options are available when placing calls such as telephone calling cards, commercial credit cards, and collect calls.

Using these products when placing calls from Iraq will be significantly higher and rates vary for each product.

Telephone calling cards may include unforeseen charges, connection and service fees.

Using the 550 and 300 Minute Global Military Exchange Prepaid Card offers the troops the best value when calling from OEF/OIF back to the U.S as they do not carry any hidden charges, connection fees and the minutes do not expire.

This link shows how to purchase a card or cards https://thor.aafes.com/scs/product.aspx

AT & T link is here: http://www.usa.att.com/military/action/services/detail?id=prepaidcard

If you would like to see the calling centers available to our service men and women then check this link: http://www.usa.att.com/military/camp/calling_centers.jsp

The Delaware Chapter is asking for your monetary support by buying one of the prepaid calling cards so we can provide them to the DAFB Combat Services. We plan on also supporting their car, truck and bike show to be held at the air base on August 11, 2007. At this time we will present the prepaid calling cards that we collect. This is a link to our chapter G2G, 2007 AUGUST GTG DOVER AIR FORCE BASE SHOW .

Lew, dawgs150, is hosting the meet for FTE and the Delaware Chapter. If you would like to attend, sign up in the Delaware Chapter.

If you would like to donate a prepaid calling card, PM or Email me for the ship to address. I will see that the cards get to the intended recipients.

glruff 07-20-2007 06:08 PM

Update on the prepaid phone cards collected so far for our August 11 Meet--N--Greet:

7 -- 550 minute prepaid phone cards.

PM OR EMAIL ME for my shipping address to use is:

If you lost the link click here to go to the order page. https://thor.aafes.com/scs/product.aspx

AT&T MILITARY EXCHANGE 550 MINUTE GLOBAL PREPAID PHONE CARD - 1 card Our Price - $27.50 *Shipping Fee - $0.41 Qty. 1 2 3 4 5

The 550 minute card** offers the best value of any of the phone cards we offer to service men and women serving in OEF/OIF.

**550 minutes of U.S. State-to-State calling. International rates are higher. In State rates may be higher. Please click here for the full terms and conditions .

It takes approximately 4 business days to receive the cards. We are putting together, with the assistance of FTE, a "DEPLOYMENT PACKAGE" to send with service personnel being shipped overseas.

You donation to this worthy cause is requested if you feel secure at night because these service men and women are giving of themselves for our safety. Keep in mind they do not have a choice, WE DO!

For $27.91(with shipping), we can do a little bit to make their stay away from their home, family, children and loved ones a little less painful.

Please order your card(s) today and make them feel we appreciate what they are doing for our country.

DVLSH1 07-23-2007 10:20 AM

Hi all. This is a good cause. Being a member of the New Jersey chapter of FTE and also being currently deployed in Iraq, stuff like this is greatly appreciated by the soldiers here. Anytime a package is sent here from the states it is a great morale booster.

glruff 07-23-2007 11:35 AM

That's good to hear. So far, Delaware, West Virginia, Maryland and Massachusetts have committed to sending me phone cards.

FTE is providing some truck related items, shirts, etc. to send over also.

PM or email me your address and how best to send you something.

Delaware Chapter and I am sure all of the FTE family appreciates the work you all do tremendously, despite the negative press we see here!

Thank you for the work you do in keeping us safe at home.

glruff 07-25-2007 06:21 PM

Card Update.

So far DE, MD, WV and MA chapter members have purchased prepaid phone cards and sent them to me.

This is a response to the thread I started in the New Jersey chapter:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVLSH1

Hi all. This is a good cause. Being a member of the New Jersey chapter of FTE and also being currently deployed in Iraq, stuff like this is greatly appreciated by the soldiers here. Anytime a package is sent here from the states it is a great morale booster.

What we are doing DOES make a difference!

Will your state be represented when the "Deployment Packages" are shipped?:-wink

glruff 07-27-2007 08:52 PM

Update, DE, MD, WV, MA, CA, Wash ST, GA & AZ states are committed to buying cards.

Thanks all!

glruff 08-01-2007 06:28 PM

Card update.

The following state chapter members have purchased cards and I have them in hand for a total of 14 so far:

Delaware
Massachusetts

The following state chapter members have indicated that cards are on the way for a total of 11:

Northern California
Kansas
Washington State

Internet Brands, our parent company

Remember you must order the cards online no later than August 5th or 6th since it takes 4 business days for me to receive the cards.

Email or PM me for the ship to address.

Thanks to all who have purchased or committed to purchase cards for OUR TROOPS!

350steve 08-01-2007 06:43 PM

Add NJ to the list

glruff 08-01-2007 06:45 PM

Thanks Steve, I knew you would come thru for the Troops.

PM me for the ship to address.

glruff 08-06-2007 09:10 PM

Card update.

The following state chapter members have purchased cards or promised to purchase cards for a total of 30 so far:

Delaware
Massachusetts
Kansas
Washington State
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
West Virginia

IB_Jon, Internet Brands, our parent company

Thanks to all who have purchased or committed to purchase cards for OUR TROOPS! :-wink

glruff 08-12-2007 01:53 PM

Fellow FTE members, thanks to those who supported this effort, we were able to collect almost $1,000 of prepaid phone cards to send to our Troops deployed overseas.

This represented approximately 17,000 minutes the troops can use talking with their family and friends at no personal cost to them. A total of 33 cards were either mailed directly to me or given to me at the show.

The picture is of Dominick Dinardo, Civ. USAF(left side) and me, just so you all know I did give them the cards (LOL). Dom is personally going to hand out the cards to troops deploying, representing all services, through the DAFB. They will not be given to troops stationed at Dover.

Take your right hand, put it over your left shoulder and pat vigorously. JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!
https://i125.photobucket.com/albums/...aseShow083.jpg

350steve 08-12-2007 08:19 PM

looks like you guys had a good time.saw your pics,nice.darn....I should have

gone.get my truck pic next to a jet fighter.

glruff 08-12-2007 08:24 PM

Gonna try to make this an annual fund raiser for the Troops.

So I will expect you to be there next year. OK?

350steve 08-12-2007 08:29 PM

OK.......wife wanted to take the kids to the circus.