Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Utah Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum144/)
-   -   Engine Rebuild Shop... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/630020-engine-rebuild-shop.html)

kc7smo 07-07-2007 08:58 PM

Engine Rebuild Shop...

Hey Guys,
I'm looking for a good shop to do either a rebuild or exchange on my 1988 351W engine.

Any experience with local shops?
thanks

ford3544 08-12-2007 02:41 PM

Shop

You can try Bob's Garage and Diesel in Tooele. His number is 435-882-0313. I used to work for him, and they do pretty good work. That is all I know of.

Good luck

etucker 08-13-2007 11:42 AM

i wouldn't go to Entrans.. had my 460 done there back in march now have 1500 on rebuild and leaking antifreeze out intake manifold and now losing my compressor drive 3 miles and it is smoking but they say they didnt do anything to it just moved it out of way to take engine out.... i would suggest Bobs in Tooele... would have taken mine there but didnt know they did rebuild plus right across highway from me.

wakenyan 09-11-2007 01:21 AM

There's a place in Murry down the road from the Lowes on 45th. It's called
Pro Machine. Their address is 4651 So 500 west. They are to back of a row of small businesses on the east side. Dave Yeats is the owner.(Only been doing this for about 26 years) They did a hell of a good job on a 400 for me. If you're looking to do a power build check out the Engine Forums for suggestions on a recipe for what you want. There are guys out there that have soooo much knowlege of engines it's scarry. Then there is Ebay for parts. I saved alot of green on Ebay.
Good Luck

billt28 03-22-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by wakenyan (Post 5116063)
There's a place in Murry down the road from the Lowes on 45th. It's called
Pro Machine. Their address is 4651 So 500 west. They are to back of a row of small businesses on the east side. Dave Yeats is the owner.(Only been doing this for about 26 years) They did a hell of a good job on a 400 for me. If you're looking to do a power build check out the Engine Forums for suggestions on a recipe for what you want. There are guys out there that have soooo much knowlege of engines it's scarry. Then there is Ebay for parts. I saved alot of green on Ebay.
Good Luck

I agree, Dave did a fantastic job on my 6 cyl. I highly recommend Pro Machine to everyone.

bravebadger 01-31-2013 12:30 PM

Jensen Auto service in Ogden has good service, Just had my 6.0L rebuilt there. They got it in and out in about three weeks with diagnostics and all. had them add BPD EGR cooler and oil cooler to it along with ARP head studs. their diesel mechanic even brought me into the shop and answered my questions.

mxer0022 05-31-2013 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by bravebadger (Post 12780858)
Jensen Auto service in Ogden has good service, Just had my 6.0L rebuilt there. They got it in and out in about three weeks with diagnostics and all. had them add BPD EGR cooler and oil cooler to it along with ARP head studs. their diesel mechanic even brought me into the shop and answered my questions.

How satisfied are you with their work now that its been a little bit? I am pretty sure I need new head gaskets and want to find a place that is very familiar with the 6.0 L and will do the job right! Also what did they charge if you don't mind me asking? You can pm that to me if you would rather not post it on here!

bravebadger 06-04-2013 05:31 PM

I cant PM, or I just simply don't know how. The rebuild cost me a total of $12,200. that's with $4,000 of it bein ARP head studs B.P.D oil cooler, and BPD EGR cooler. $8,000 was Diagnostic and rebuild. In my opinion they were a little pricey BUT, you pay for what you get there. I looked around and Jensen Auto is the only machine shop in the valley if you take in anywhere else they will have it all machined there and do the labor for you unless you take it to Salt Lake valley. I am perfectly happy with the customer service they give to you, they are strait forward and don't hide any of the B.S. And the truck runs awesome after and still running awesome. let me know if you have any other questions there may be a delay in response due to me working out of town all the time.

mustang_309 10-06-2013 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by mxer0022 (Post 13210336)
How satisfied are you with their work now that its been a little bit? I am pretty sure I need new head gaskets and want to find a place that is very familiar with the 6.0 L and will do the job right! Also what did they charge if you don't mind me asking? You can pm that to me if you would rather not post it on here!

Wild diesel in west haven is a top notch shop, and while I haven't had major work done there myself I had them install my exhaust and Edge insight CTS and they treated me right. Anything having to do with the engine I will do myself but I have heard nothing but good about Wild Diesel.