Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Surgery date set (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/629685-surgery-date-set.html)

dmanlyr 07-06-2007 05:18 PM

Surgery date set

For those who know - I finally have worked thru L&I and have a surgery date set for July 16th to repair (hopefully, 50/50 "odds" according to the doc") my torn rotator muscles / tendons.

I can say I am not looking foreward to it at all as this is my first real surgery in my 48 years of consuming this planets resources. YUCK!

If ya care - please wish me luck - If not, well ok then, just see if I stop the next time you have a flat in the rain - joking :)

I probably won't be on much for a bit after that date - but I will be back !

David

nubeee1 07-06-2007 05:27 PM

I went though back surg 7 month ago Every thing went smooth you'll be fine! The not knowing is the hardest part to deal with.. Good luck.!!!

dmanlyr 07-07-2007 01:15 AM

Glad to hear that all worked out well for you and thank you for the words of encouragement :)

David

Fomoko1 07-07-2007 01:28 AM

Good luck and a speedy recovery. :-X22

RexB 07-09-2007 07:05 AM

Have a successful op dmanlyr -- and i can see why you'd be having Ford withdrawals after those good trucks listed in Sig.

dmanlyr 07-09-2007 07:13 PM

Thank you both. I was not sure whether to post this here, I am not a member yet of the Wash Chapter, but there seems to be some real nice folks in here.

Ya, I have even been thinking of a short term Ford fix, something like a Bronco II, or? At least for the time being.

The search for a decent flareside has been pretty tough, at least in the 85-86 range with the drivetrain I want.

David

Placermike 07-09-2007 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by dmanlyr
Thank you both. I was not sure whether to post this here, I am not a member yet of the Wash Chapter, but there seems to be some real nice folks in here.

Ya, I have even been thinking of a short term Ford fix, something like a Bronco II, or? At least for the time being.

The search for a decent flareside has been pretty tough, at least in the 85-86 range with the drivetrain I want.

David

Just need your request, and I will approve it.

Mike

Kurt G. 07-09-2007 08:06 PM

I have faith in you, you will be fine. Just do what doc says for therapy and no problem. I've had more than I like to admit of surgury so I know you'll be fine. Kurt G Y-blocks rule.

oneminizut 07-12-2007 05:22 PM

You'll be be ok bro. I always go by this, and I don't know if it helps... "You gonna cowboy up? Or are you gonna lay there and bleed?" Well, a little harsh for some people but you get the point. If you want I'll say a prayer for the day of.

BIGKEN 07-12-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by dmanlyr
For those who know - I finally have worked thru L&I and have a surgery date set for July 16th to repair (hopefully, 50/50 "odds" according to the doc") my torn rotator muscles / tendons.

I can say I am not looking foreward to it at all as this is my first real surgery in my 48 years of consuming this planets resources. YUCK!

If ya care - please wish me luck - If not, well ok then, just see if I stop the next time you have a flat in the rain - joking :)

I probably won't be on much for a bit after that date - but I will be back !

David

Hey David...best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery from the other side of this great US of A. I tore my rotator cuff in junior high school almost 40 years ago...never had it repaired...regret it to this day as now there is nothing that can be done. Let us know how your recovery goes.

Ken

Fomoko1 07-13-2007 12:48 AM

Kepp us posted, hope all goes well and you`re on the mend soon after. :-X22