Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Fox Pontiac Buick GMC = (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/628768-fox-pontiac-buick-gmc.html)

one_wicked_element 07-03-2007 02:56 PM

Fox Pontiac Buick GMC =

I just bought my 2001 F-250 from them on the 25th of June. I was working with Name Removed - the salesman, and we worked out a deal that we were both happy with.

Less then 24 hours later, I had an Airbag light on my dash flashing at me. I called Name Removed and let him know that I was worried about that light flashing at me. I told him I was busy that week (I was going out of town, and I was selling my Camaro). I let him know I had an appointment with the local Ford dealer on Monday July 2nd (his lot is over an hour away from me). He said to find out what was wrong with the truck and they would try and help cover the costs.

Total costs: $387.00.

It needed the passenger side air bag senor, and the clock chain on the driver side (I think it was something call clock chain??).

I called Name Removed, and let him know the cost, and the name & number of the Ford dealer doing the work. He said he would let me know about coving the costs.

Blah blah blah, he called me today to say that they can't cover the Airbag light/repair because it wasn't doing it when it went off the lot. I think it's a bunch of Bull*****. I am not bitching about anything else with the truck. I know I bought it "AS-IS". I am 100% fine with some of the other things not perfect with the truck (because the price reflects that). I am only worried about the safety features.

Am I wrong to bitch about this? I don't think so. It was less then 24 hours when this happened.

If you want, call Name Removed in Used Cars and ask why he won't help Name Removed out. Removed phone number. I would have been happy if they would have just gave $100 bucks - something to show he would keep his word.

They are located in Comstock Park Mi.

bigredtruckmi 07-04-2007 02:16 PM

Unfortunately when you purchased it "AS IS" per the sticker. You don't have any legal recourse on this. Only way would be if he had written that he would cover safety items for X period of miles/time. Some dealers do this. Most don't. Depends on what quality of vehicles they are selling.

We went threw this on a used vehicle several years ago and didn't win.

Talyn 07-05-2007 02:19 PM

even as-is, They might have a policy that requires all trucks to pass a safety check before i can be sold.

BIGKEN 07-05-2007 03:13 PM

Hey Wicked...sorry to hear about your troubles with the truck...I work in sales at a dealership in a state that is not allowed to sell as is...everything going off the lot has a warranty. I don't think that you have any recourse against the selling dealer...you knew it was as is...and I assume that you are of legal age in your state and able to enter contracts. In the past I worked briefly at a dealership in an as is state...I always sent the customers away in their "new" vehicles with the following reminder..."Congratulations Mr. Customer on your vehicle...there is no warranty either expressed or implied...if it breaks in two as you drive out of the lot...congraulations...you now own two cars not one!!!" :D

one_wicked_element 07-06-2007 02:48 PM

Well, they called and offered to pay half of the repair bill. This is more then fair with me. I'm glad they decided to keep their word.

I understand "AS-IS". Bought to keep stringing me along saying they try and help me out and being oh so friendly up until the last minute is BS. Anyways, they said they are sending a check out, so all's well that end's well.

Why was their named edited out? If I said I got a sweet deal from them and everyone should go there and buy a truck, would that have been edited out as well? It's something to think about if you're going to edit their name out. Good or Bad, it's service that people should know about.

John311t 07-06-2007 04:28 PM

What motor you got in that truck? J/W.

The name was probably edited out to prevent scammers from using that information.

one_wicked_element 07-09-2007 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by John311t
What motor you got in that truck? J/W.

The name was probably edited out to prevent scammers from using that information.

I got the V10 in it. :)
I couldn't find a Diesel in my price range.

redford 07-09-2007 09:08 AM

It's the sad truth about purchasing a used vehicle; Once you leave the lot, you are on your own. I purchased a classic Pontiac a few years ago off of a lot, just before I left I noticed the brake lights and rear turn signals were not working. I told the manager I wasn't taking delivery of the vehicle until the lights were repaired. He balked, so I also informed him that when I grew up my Dad was in the car business and I knew it was illegal to sell a licensed car in the state we were in that didn't meet certain safety requirements, 2 of which were working brake lights and turn signals, not to mention the 3 day "buyer remorse" clause written into the purchase agreement, also by state law.

I was told to come back in 24 hours, at which time they repaired the turn signals/brake lights, changed the oil and lubed the chassis, detailed the car and filled the tank for me.