Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   Tragedy! Hooters has closed! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/626450-tragedy-hooters-has-closed.html)

NHTriton 06-26-2007 08:22 AM

Tragedy! Hooters has closed!

Bankrupt Hooters owner closes last eight locations

Monday, Jun. 25, 2007

MANCHESTER – Posters advancing a pay-per-view event still hang in the windows of Hooters, but you'll probably have to find somewhere else to watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship event July 7.
The eight remaining restaurants owned and operated by R.J. Fitz L.P., including the Manchester location and two others in New Hampshire, closed their doors last week.

A clerk at the adjoining Amoskeag Inn confirmed that Hooters of Manchester closed Friday, and employees have reported they did not receive paychecks last week. Calls were not answered at any of the chain's three New Hampshire locations: in Manchester, Nashua and Salem.

R.J. Fitz L.P., a Massachusetts-based company that originally operated 12 of the restaurants in New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York, has been going through bankruptcy proceedings since October 2006.

The company's financial woes got worse Wednesday when the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Boston moved the bankruptcy filing from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 status, forcing the company to cease operations.

"The company just experienced a decline in revenue since the beginning of 2007, which we think is consistent with other businesses in this industry," R.J. Fitz attorney Melvin Hoffman told the Cape Cod Times last week.

R.J. Fitz listed debts of $5.9 million when it filed for bankruptcy in 2006 after Hooters of America, the parent company based in Atlanta, Ga., tried to terminate its franchise agreement.

"There was basically a dispute over some stores in New York state that my clients had agreed to operate on behalf of Hooters of America," Hoffman said. "We needed to get out of that agreement, so that created some ill will on both sides."

sglaine 06-26-2007 09:27 AM

As I recall the last time we met at Hooters. A Mexican greeted us at the door. The guy was ugly like George Lopez. I expected a Woman with Hooter to greet us. The Food was worse the cooking with a hangover. As far as I see it. No big loss..

BIGKEN 06-26-2007 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by sglaine
As I recall the last time we met at Hooters. A Mexican greeted us at the door. The guy was ugly like George Lopez. I expected a Woman with Hooter to greet us. The Food was worse the cooking with a hangover. As far as I see it. No big loss..

Well, Sean, I guess you would be an expert on ugly...as they say...it takes one to know one!!! :-missingt

BIGKEN 06-26-2007 10:04 AM

Hey NHTriton...you have my sympathy...I remember the angst I felt when our local Hooters went under...I would suggest that you seek out support groups...with their help and the help of your friends you WILL get through this. After time the hurt will fade...but you will always have your memories!!! ;)

sglaine 06-26-2007 10:31 AM

NHTriton...where are we going to meet over there now????

donjamer 06-26-2007 11:08 AM

Sean I guess the only place for you to get your Boobie fix is kittens...:-missingt

donjamer 06-26-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Well, Sean, I guess you would be an expert on ugly...as they say...it takes one to know one!!! :-missingt

WOW!! What a slam from the big guy..:-X22

You beat me to it..:-missingt

downhillpat 06-26-2007 11:26 AM

ouch....both about hooters and to sean for the big & ugly statement....as they say big guys need love too...been told that a couple times...I have the best t-shirt for that..

7283-F250 06-26-2007 11:28 AM

So are Ken and FTE going to step up and Back a new Hooters Franchise to re-open Manchester???? :D

:-X14 :-X14

BIGKEN 06-26-2007 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by donjamer
WOW!! What a slam from the big guy..:-X22

You beat me to it..:-missingt

Hey Big Don...I have to get in my shots when and where I can...I've had a lot of customers taking shots at me recently...The old adage "Buyers aren't lying until their lips are moving" has been especially true the past two weeks!!!:-liessign

BIGKEN 06-26-2007 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by downhillpat
ouch....both about hooters and to sean for the big & ugly statement....as they say big guys need love too...been told that a couple times...I have the best t-shirt for that..

Hey Pat...you aren't disputing the "ugly" statement...are you?!? You know...this is turning into the "Big Guys" thread...no one with less than a 38" waist is allowed to post!!:-missingt

I guess that means we have to throw Dan out...or we can use an average...between, Don. Sean, you, and me we can fit in a whole bunch of the undernourished posters!!!:-fire :-X24

Man...I am tooooooooo funny!!!

BIGKEN 06-26-2007 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250
So are Ken and FTE going to step up and Back a new Hooters Franchise to re-open Manchester???? :D

Hmmm...I'm thinking!!! :-X20

NHTriton 06-26-2007 01:57 PM

I dunno, but maybe now that all those girls are out of jobs, they'll have more time to do a bikini truck wash for us this summer. ;)

sglaine 06-26-2007 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by NHTriton
I dunno, but maybe now that all those girls are out of jobs, they'll have more time to do a bikini truck wash for us this summer. ;)

Ok hire them..:-D :-D

sglaine 06-26-2007 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250

Ken has so much money he can do anything..And don't let him tell you any different..:-D

Ok Ken how about starting a Hooters in Manchester and while your at it put on in Keene too.....:-missingt